Author Topic: Act - Black  (Read 19651 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Act - Black
« on: November 07, 2012, 02:11:41 PM »
It's been one year since you first came to the Old Capital.  Koto, in an act completely out of character for her, bought you tickets to the Ino-Shika-Cho concert occurring later today.  She claimed it was some sort of anniversary present.  Despite your suspicions as to her actual motives, you aren't exatly going to avoid an Ino-Shika-Cho concert, so your evening is pretty much taken care of.

Alas!  It is not the evening yet!  There's still a whole day to waste before that happens.  And to make matters worse, neither of you actually have any plans or responsibilities today!  You're totally free!  You can barely even remember the last time that happened.  So, uh... I guess you need to find something to do?  Somewhere to go?  If worst comes to worst, I guess you can just chill at the Bakeneko Bar until the concert...

It's time for the first fate roll of the game!  Please roll empathy + fate, and gain that amount of starting kiai.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
Re: Act - Black
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 02:20:33 PM »
Empathy 6, Fate 3: 6d6 : 5, 3, 2, 1, 4, 4, total 19
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 07:12:33 PM »
Empathy 3 fate 3 3d6 : 6, 1, 3, total 10
Magic do what you will

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 07:23:02 PM »
Nanashi returns to his room, after thanking Koto for the tickets to the concert.  After opening the door and closing it behind him, he sits down and looks at the clutter of the room.  a desk holds all sorts of small trinkets - from watches with strange pictures on them to little bits of stone that he collected.  the entire room is ready for a cleaning.  He pulls his hair, which has grown a little longer, into a reverse ponytail and leaves his room.

Instead of wasting his time on something that wouldn't improve, he decides to find a return gift for Koto.  But first he is going to have to recall if there is anything that she has expressed particular interest in obtaining or obtaining more of.

Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 08:55:17 PM »
I thank Koto formally, then return to my quarters.  She makes me...nervous, still.  I still haven't figured out why she's "the" Koto, but that can wait.  If she is malicious, her plans are clearly long-term, rather than short-term.  That gives me time.

Ino-Shika-Cho.  I can't really say I was expecting that one.  I guess I'll be seeing Gumiho, again.  Haven't thought about her in a while.  I allow myself a quiet chuckle at myself.  It was a confusing first day, that one.

Frowning, I consider my clothing.  Good enough for working with the armour, but I'm not exactly sure that it's what I'd choose to wear to a concert.  Truth be told, I'm still getting used to my clothes in general--I didn't exactly bring a full wardrobe with me, and working with Jorougumo has, despite my complaints, finally managed to get me into shape.  The patterns aren't what I'm used to, and the material still feels odd, but I suppose I'll get used to it in time.

Hrm.  I wonder if Jorougumo will be going to the concert?  Or Nanashi's sensei, for that matter.  I can't say that I've ever met the man, but he sounds imposing.

Well, I still have a lot of time, so I might as well check in with Jorougumo.  See if she's going, or if she just wants to grab a drink.

I head over to the Artificer's Guild.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 02:04:29 AM »
Nanashi heads to the door, trying to figure out what to get Koto as a return gift.  He sidesteps a pile of sake bottles, and heads for the door.  I suppose I have spent a year with her...  but...  what does she like?  Nanashi steps over a few more sake bottles.  She does like those little snack cakes from that one place...  He moves a few bottles of sake to get at the door and shuts it behind him.  Hm...

Then, like an epiphany, it strikes him.  How about a vase?

He shakes his head...  No, that's not worthy of a return gift for tickets...  I might as well get her some sake...  She might enjoy something like that.

Nanashi heads for the slightly upend sector of the market district
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 12:22:15 AM »
Spider's Story
You start walking towards the Artificers Guild.  Why does she even call it that?  I mean, she's the only one there...  Oh, well.  The city is busy as always.  Humans and youkai rushing about here and there.  A mother carrying her child on her shoulders.  A passed out merman lying on the sidewalk.  Now that you think about it, how did he even get there?  No mind, you're finally at the Guild.

"Closed for Today"

Or not.  Guess you'll have to find something else to do.

Nanashi's Story
You head towards the closest thing this place has to an upend.  Alas, this does mean you'll have to enter Baabaa's territory.  It isn't like you've never been there or anything, you just tend to avoid it.  Too many demons.

"Hey, boy.  Come here for a moment."

You turn to face the voice.  You can't quite make out the character, as they're covered in a thick cloak and hood.

Felyx, you get one Aiki chit from me for that "How about a vase?" bit.  Good job.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 12:34:42 AM »
Damn.  Well, there goes that idea.  I guess I'll see if Nanashi wants a drink, so I head back to the shrine.  After wading through the sake bottles around his room--I'll never admit it, but I keep Koto's bottles away from my door by simply moving them to his--I establish that he is, in fact, out.

Well.  I guess it's time to fulfill some of the qualifications of an alcoholic and drink by myself in the morning, then.  Ah, well, at least the bakeneko are good conversationalists.

I head over to the Bakeneko Bar.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 01:41:54 AM »
Nanashi feels a shiver run down his spine.

He turns to the voice.  In a brief moment, his mind rushes in two directions.  The first, remaining from his life in York and touring the world, almost makes him answer the man back.  After all, a path unexplored leaves nothing but regrets.  However, his knowledge that he is in an area that might not be the best to linger in. 

He does his best to continue, not looking back at the man, and keep walking towards his destination, pretending to have not heard enough of the call.  The power play of someone calling an adult such as myself 'boy' is not a good starting location for a conversation.  Either the person addressing me is far older than me and cannot be trusted, or is a chroma, whose aging probably doesn't line up with human, and so refers to me as boy.  I need to just clear my mind and continue.  Nobody would try something funny in the middle of a crowded shopping district anyways.

It will be easy to explain why an adult such as himself didn't acknowledge  the call of 'boy'.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 06:16:25 PM »
Spider's Story
You head over to the Bakeneko Restaurant.  Its pretty quiet at the moment, which makes sense, as it is not yet night.  The cute waitress walks over to you and asks you for your order.

Nanashi's Story
You continue on past the robbed figure, and make it to the market.  You haven't really spent much time here, so you don't really know where to go.  Maybe that one over there?

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 06:24:34 PM »
Nanashi feels a macrocosmic pull towards a particular shop.  He walks towards it and reads the sign.  He also looks in the window briefly to ensure that he is entering a sake shop and not a curio shop like last time.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 06:30:23 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Luckily, there appear to be sake bottles in the shop's window, so you'll probably be able to find something.

The door jingles softly as you open it.

"I greet you~"

comes the cheerful voice of the shopkeeper.

"May I help you with anything~?"
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:02:42 PM by Hanako Tachibana »

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 06:33:34 PM »
Nanashi raises an eyebrow at the strange 'greating', but nevertheless continues on. 

"Good day Ma'am, I am here to buy some Sake as a gift for my close friend.  Could you offer a suggestion?"  Nanashi smiles at the woman.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 06:37:56 PM »
"Ah, sake is the thing you are looking for?  Well, you might find this kyouto fits your tastes then~"

She gestures to a set of plain white sake bottles.

"It is a promotional item celebrating this store's opening.  A fusion of Welgaian and Old Capital sake making.   It is quite good, if I am allowed to say so myself~"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 06:48:11 PM »
"Oh~  A promotional item"

The phrase 'hook, line, and sinker' may come to mind as Nanashi examines the bottle of promotional sake.

Still, he tries to play it cool and says "Well, I suppose that a promotional sake would be a good gift to her."  But it is obvious that he is excited that he made such a good find.  He almost wishes he could buy a bottle for himself as well~

He speaks up again, no longer distracted by the sake.  "Your shop just opened?  How interesting.  Are you from the moon?  I ask because of your store's name."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »
"I'm from the moon indeed~  Well, Welgaia's Lunar Capital, but the difference between the left and right of that doesn't really exist~  As for the recent opening of this shop, it indeed has opened recently.  I myself have only came here recently, in fact.

But leaving that aside, may I make the assumption that you are interested in the kyouto?  If that is the case, I would be happy to complete the transaction with you~  I'll demonstrate to Hasata that I am capable of managing the shop on my own~"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 07:07:54 PM »
"Ah, yes, yes, I am interested in the purchase of this fine sake, what, may I ask, is the price of the item?  I believe I've brought enough mon to pay, but it is good to make sure of these things."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 07:10:57 PM »
"Ah, umm, let me check~"

She turns away for a moment and pulls something out of her sleeve.  She then puts whatever it is away and turns back to you.  The price is something acceptable.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 07:24:48 PM »
"That sounds like something acceptable, Let us complete the transaction"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 07:29:51 PM »
"Yay~"

You complete the transaction.  Just as you do, the door jingles softly and someone else walks in.

"Ah, Hasatan-chan~  Look, look.  I was able to manage the shop while you were out!  I told you I possessed the ability to manage it~"

This 'Hasatan-chan' appears to be the robbed figure you ran into earlier.  He approaches you.

"Excuse me, might I ask what you bought.  I want to be sure that Miss Kagome didn't mess anything up..."

"Hey!! That isn't fair~  I handled the transaction properly!!  I didn't even require the use of the cheat-sheet you gave to me!!"