Author Topic: Act - Black  (Read 19652 times)

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
Re: Act - Black
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2012, 11:14:45 PM »
"Ah, thank you." Nanashi says as his sinuses clear.

"So, the Welgaians invaded our world for two average people like us?  A friend of ours told us we wouldn't even ping on their radar."

"Perhaps I should let you speak now though."  Nanashi is put a little at ease, no longer immediately believing that this woman meant them ill.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2012, 11:28:18 PM »
"As I just said, it wasn't anything personal.  The Welgaian soul-stealing operation is mostly automated.  It just goes around unconnected world taking souls.  I'm sure that many people in your world had been, ah... falling asleep?  And no one knew why?  Well, you know now.

And as for Mr. Spider, I can assure you that Welgaian tech is a bit more advanced than that.  No need to worry about personality when you can extract pure soul power.

Now then, what else did I have to say..."

"You were going to give them their phones" pipes up the black cat in a bored tone.

"Ah, right!  Phones!"

She gestures, and a pair of black cellphones materialize out of thin air.  Each bears upon it a sticker of a black cat overlaid on a pumpkin.  It looks fairly cute.  She gestures again, and they float over to the two of you.

"With these things here you can contact me if you need to.  Or other people.  They get RS service as well, its pretty nice.  Only way to make 'em better would be for them to not be Welgaian, but you take what you can get.

Now you might wonder why I'm giving these to you.  Its so we can stay in touch~  I might have things I want you to do for me.  You might have things you want to ask me.  Maybe we can just chat~  I feel a bit responsible for you two, so I'm not going to just stay out of your lives.

Now then, unless you have any other questions for me, you should get back to the Old Capital.  You don't want to miss your concert."
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2012, 11:29:42 PM »
Kimen armour!  Right.  No souls.  Whew.

I reach out for the phone, then pause.

"Wait, the phones are Welgaian?  So...soul phones?  Also, the hell is RS service?"
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2012, 11:35:19 PM »
"Why us?  I wasn't paying much attention, but I know that a lot of people were falling 'asleep', so why did you pick us?"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2012, 11:43:59 PM »
"Why would the Welgaian's waste something like a soul on a phone?  They aren't that plentiful you know.  You don't have to worry about that sort of thing; I wouldn't thrust any soul tech on you guys.

As for why you guys... luck?  You were the first people Chou Chou noticed.  So she saved you.  It isn't any more complicated than that.

Oh, and RS means Record System.  Haven't you heard it be... oh, right, Old Capital.  Its... something like a big... place.  Where people can do things together.  And information can be shared.  I'm sure you'll figure it out."
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2012, 11:45:29 PM »
Nanashi activates the phone and starts playing with it.  "So, you'll just call us and give us missions?"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2012, 11:45:48 PM »
I narrow my eyes.

"I don't believe in luck or coincidence.  I believe in conspiracies.  This is just a bit too convenient."  I nod at her hands.  "You're looking awfully...reptilian there, miss Witch of Black Cats."
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2012, 11:48:25 PM »
"Yep, I'll just call you if I need you for anything.  But don't worry too much; I won't be bothering you often.  Living in the Old Capital is hectic enough as it is."

She grins at Spider.

"Do I now?  Well, I won't say no~  But I will say that luck and coincidence are quite real.  As is fate.  This isn't the world you are used to any more.  You've spent a year here; you should know that well.  If you simply deny the world around you, you'll never reach the top of the mountain.

Now then, shall I send you back?  Or do you have any last minute questions?"

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2012, 11:50:26 PM »
I take a deep breath.

"If you and the Koto were each standing in front of a door, one of which led to absolute death, and the other of which led to absolute salvation...and one of you could only tell the truth, and one of you could only tell lies...and I was allowed only one question...what should I ask, and which one of you should I ask it of?"

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2012, 11:52:49 PM »

"Oh, and Koto, of course~"
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 12:05:51 AM by Hanako Tachibana »

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2012, 11:54:45 PM »
I blink.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2012, 11:58:03 PM »
Nanashi's eyebrows furrow and he purses his lips as his mind processes the significance of what was just said.  "I believe we are ready to go."

What is this.  A mental eye darts to Spider, but Nanashi dares not betray any emotions.  His training is too good to allow him to do that.  Is he trying to play tricks with this witch?  Has he spent the entire year not understanding where we are?  And this woman...  What was that.  Asking koto 'What lies in the furthest depths of memory?  Nanashi is suspicious on behalf of Koto.  Is she implying that there is something there to be remembered?

"Do you have a door, or shall I take the pit again?"  Nanashi says, trying to disguise his mistrust.

Hanako receives a chit
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 12:18:20 AM by FelyxZephyr »
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2012, 11:58:53 PM »
"Y...yeah.  I think I left the refrigerator on.  I mean, I think I left the stove open.  I...yeah, let's go."

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2012, 12:23:13 AM »
"Coming here might have been scary, but returning will be easy~"

Neko, take them back the nice way for me, will you?"

The black cat shrugs, jumps Kuro's lap, and walks towards the large mirror on the wall.

"This way."

Neko leads you through the mirror, and out onto the allies of the Old Capital.

"See you around."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2012, 12:23:57 AM »
After exiting, Nanashi checks the time.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2012, 12:24:02 AM »
I nod at the cat, then turn to Nanashi.

"What the hell was that?"

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2012, 12:24:51 AM »
It's pretty late.  Almost time for the concert.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2012, 12:33:37 AM »
"I don't know, but we're running late and I need to drop back by the house."

Nanashi Jumps, catching onto a windowsill with one hand, swinging himself up into the air and, using the sake bag as a counter-balance, flips up onto the rooftops to return home at full speed to leave the sake bottle safe at home.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2012, 12:55:29 AM »
"Man, this has been a fucked up day," I mutter to myself as Nanashi speeds away.

Well, I guess there's nothing for it.  I head over to the concert hall, to get into my seat before things get too crowded.  I hate pushing past other people to get to my seat.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2012, 12:02:49 PM »
Spider's Story
You get to the concert hall in good time.  You're pretty much a regular by this point, so the bouncer just glances at your tickets and waves you in.

Nanashi's Story
You make it back to the shrine in record time.  You carefully open the window and sneak in, but Koto is already there.  One of these days you're going to ask her how she always knows where you're trying to sneak into the shrine.

"Hm?  Shouldn't you be at the concert by now?"