Author Topic: Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Wilb

• Elder Lurker
    • View Profile
Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron
« on: July 23, 2018, 04:14:39 PM »
Well, suddenly official Eberron campaign setting by Wizards, albeit pdf only. Anyone got it and is willing to comment on the lore updates or abusive mechanics? Also the races described there are the same as today's UA?
Lovely Zoma...

Offline Abyssin

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 04:42:57 PM »
I haven't read through it properly yet so I can't really call out anything as being amazing.
It's not actually official; it's a 176 page playtest document.
In the section on magic items, it goes over some new rules for creating magic item recipes. Recipe creation involves meeting a certain bonus (prof+ability) to arcana, religion, or nature and spending a few days. Nothing else appears to be new here.
The races are the same ones as the UA.
Dragonmarks are available as subraces or as variants for humans and half-elves.
The artificer is mentioned, but there isn't a class.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:52:57 PM by Abyssin »

Offline Wilb

• Elder Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 04:49:54 PM »
Its a pity that its so limited, but nevertheless its a great 1st step. There's even a video for it in the Dnd Beyond channel.
Lovely Zoma...

Offline Abyssin

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 04:59:55 PM »
To be fair, I'm probably missing some things; those were just the things I took note of on my first scan of it.
Personally, the crafting is my current favourite, even if it is a small change. Up unto this point, I've been using the schematic invention rules from plane-shift Kaladesh. And while they worked, they were designed for the crafting rules in the dmg rather than the updated ones in xgte. Also, the rules make item crafting a little bit more accessible to divine casters by allowing the use of nature or religion in place of arcana.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 05:03:07 PM by Abyssin »