Author Topic: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening  (Read 164552 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2012, 05:35:18 PM »
Pha keeps her menancing glare on the commander, making him break in sobbing and trembling  once more. The two nearby pirates raise their halberds in expectation against the faery, only for their eyes to meet and they too joining their boss's cowering.

Kong sees then the perfect oportunity of smashing the enemy leader. Jumping down from the mast with an acrobatic flip, his screaming draws the pirate commander's face up right in time for Kong to bludgeon it with his bat! The warrior ape can feel the pirate nose and some of his front teeth break under the impact. Alas, his skull proves of superior hardness and the pirate maintains on his (trembling) feet. Kong seeks to keep the pressure by quicly striking again, but seems to have lost his momentum along the way as his bat bounces off the commander's massive torso whitout leaving a bruise.

Back in the docks, Rabbit switches to supporting his allies. Cries of awe come from the defenders when Zax unfurls his wings and counter-charges one of the aproaching pirates, deflecting the orc's axe with his shield to open a way to strike a nasty cut trough the raider's shoulder. Jeremy's own attack unceremonially hits a piece of frozen sea away from everybody, but his pokemon keeps making him proud by sucessfully slashing another pirate.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2012, 01:26:30 AM »
(click to show/hide)

As his second strike bounces off, Kong scowls a self-deprecating scowl, and kicks off from the ground. He sails over the pirates head, and continues on with a bloated chest full of air. "Not good, fairy. Let's leave."
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2012, 02:07:47 AM »
Pha grabbed Kong's arm as he passed her by, then let him pull her against him to have her carried away from danger.
Before leaving, though, she feebly rose a finger toward the large pig-pirate creature and tried to shoot it with a congealing ray.
Once off, she just murmured. "...I am weary. Take me home."

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2012, 03:29:35 PM »
Even with her weariness, the target of Pha is an easy one and her ray explodes over the pirate commander, making his skin turn to a pale blue and his whole body slows down, to a point his trembling is barely perceptible.

The other pirates rush to the upper deck angrily waving more javelins, clearly trying to get a good aim at Kong. The remaining pirate still operating the catapult however turns at them and shouts:

Oy, forgot the ugly flying monkey! If we can't get this catapult working, we're all fish food!

Some of his brethern stop in realization and quickly drop the javelins they were ready to launch as they rush to the catapult and start helping pull the strings and cogs. The other keep piling each other on the upper deck, almost throwing some of them overboard as they launch their javelins at escaping Kong. Five drop in the sea, one is deflected by his battered armor,  two manage to slip by and some more sharp wood burrows itself on Kong's flesh.

Back in the docks, the guard captain seems more awed than his subordinates at Zax.

He's... a Dragonborn? I... I can't let myself be left behind like this... Hyrulian Guard! Press on the pirates! The day is almost ours!

As he sends his orders, he quickly draws his own sword and shield and starts running forward. As he reaches the ice-covered pot barricade, he suddenly jumps right over it, flinging himself trough the air at great speed!

FOR PRINCESS GRISELDA!

He almost falls on the nearby water hole, but somehow manages to land on the nearby ice and keep his balance.

The remaining guards seem somewhat dumbolded at their officer's behavior, but neverthless keep doing their jobs, four of them pouring more rain over the aproaching pirates while a small group works with the militia on taking care of the burned wounded and the last bombard crew hurries up in their reloading.

However this time no pirate falls, even with the elves still adding their own shots. The orcs press forward as if oblivious of their wounds, one still chugging a javelin while the other four grasp their battle axes with both hands as they close in, barely slowed down by the ice. Bayleef finds itself struck by a javelin and then brutally hacked by two pirates. Zax as well finds himself heavily pressured as two orcs gank on him, striking with pure savagery.

Back in the ship, the pirate commander seems to recover some of his senses again, his face still a mess of frozen blood.

Please, no m- What? Ah, look at them run, I scared them off good I did gronf! Hey, what are you guys doing? Why isn't that catapult firing? And where's my ramp gronf? And why's so hard moving now gronf?

Situation
(click to show/hide)

Crunch
(click to show/hide)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2012, 05:12:32 PM »
Rabbit watched as the Field Commander stormed up over the barricades, how he charged in shouting the name of some local queen's daughter or monarch, amid the chaos of battle, past his own personal guards and into the fray personally and couldn't help but be inspired by the thought of...

. o O (That man is a fool, and is going to die.)

So far everyone looked to him as the resident Pirate expert. Time to play the part.

First, he shouted to their siege engineers, "We need that bombard operational, loaded, and deployed before they implement their own! They are immobile and vulnerable... Obliterate them!" he motioned with a sweep, which ended with him pointing towards the pirate ship. A well aimed shot could end this decisively.

With the youngling in command of his senses, but perhaps about to be down one of his beasts... the Chlorophilia Reptilicus perhaps... Rabbit needed to get back into the fray, if for no other reason then to preserve the life and dignity of the Field Commander. He switched his Solaron Blaster to his other hand, and with a clenched fist deployed the battle scythe again. Jeremy would see his reflection in the mirrored blade for just a moment, before the surface of the blade was covered in a crust of ice crystals as it frosted over again, and a cold fog started to roll off the blade. He then stepped out in front of Jeremy and the frozen battlement they used as cover. He'd face this horde straight on. As he walked along the ice he drew a bead on a pirate assaulting his battle brother. Narrowing his glare, he squeezed the trigger on his Solaron blaster.

You are on round 2 of 50 with your current clip.
Assault Tip - Your enemy may have additional clips compatible with your weapon. If not, take their weapon to guarantee compatibility!

(click to show/hide)
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2012, 05:32:03 PM »
Kong, now high above the competition, and bleeding quite profusely from a number of irritating holes in his side, bolted to the shore. Holding onto the fairy, he sadly could not tell whether to take the harpoon out or to leave it for a doctor. Instead, he tried cradling her lightly as he could, while flying as fast as he can.

As he came diving back towards the ground, he called out, "Medic, here!"

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:09:42 PM by Flay Crimsonwind »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2012, 05:43:48 PM »
After the ape got nailed by a bunch of javelins, Pha tried to reply to their assault in kind.
Inhaling deeply, she blew a huge gust of freezing wind toward the pirates on the ship, giving them a devastating taste of frozen affection.
Turning back to Kong, she said; "Take us behind the houses if you can... quickly."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:14:42 PM by Anomander »

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2012, 08:27:05 PM »
While the little thing still needs help, Zax realizes he has more immediate problems: the two orcs directly in front of him.  Better to take care of them first.  He swings at the targets with his sword, attempting to take them down.

(click to show/hide)

After striking, Zax readies his shield against his opponents' attacks.

(click to show/hide)
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2012, 04:11:31 PM »
"OH NO, BAYLEEF!" Jeremy exclaims as he sees Bayleef become badly injured.  "Bayleef, return!"  Bayleef throws one last leaf before once again disappearing into Jeremy's orb.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2012, 09:25:55 AM »
Rabbit finds himself slowed down heavily by the ice, but his shot is deadly acurrate neverthless. Half the pirate's head explodes when the ray hits it straight on and the orc's body falls limp.

Zax takes the oportunity to focus on his remaining oponent. Even tough his swordplay isn't that graceful, the pirate facing him is fully focusing on attack and wears poor quality armor, so it's child's play for the veteran warrior to strike at his exposed points and bring him down in a pool of black orc blood.

As Kong retreats back into the city, Pha turns four orcs into delicate statues of ice with her cold fury. Their commander proves quite tougher and endures trough the ice wind. When Kong reaches the docks, his request for aid is answered by a nearby guard tailed by two militias that were taking care of the burned victims, dragging basic bandages and ripped clothes.

We don't have a specialized field medic in the island, but we all have basic healing training. I've never treated a greater faery, but I guess the same principles apply...

The guard tries to hastily wrap some bandages around Pha's bleeding wound and makes pressure, but the semisolid purple sheen keeps oozing out, togheter with more pain for the faery.

Ugh... This wound's deeper and nastier than it looks... I'll need some help here people!

Meanwhile Bayleef wounds a pirate one last time before being recalled by Jeremy, and the captain points his sword at the remaining orcs aproaching the beach and orders:

They're all in the open now! Loose!

The guards obey and two more pirates go down peppered with arrows! The last one is then fell by the elves following hail of projectiles. Then the captain seems to notice the light bombard finishing its preparations and screams to them.

What are you waiting for? Destroy the pirate's catapult!

The battery crew obeys and fires... Only to miss their target by some inches upwards. You can hear several curses among the guards at that sudden bad luck. The captain presses on still, aproaching Kurt while drawing a flask with a bright-red liquid.

In the pirate ship, the commander seems to take a laugh at the missed artillery shot, before turning to the remaining pirates and shouting something. Half of them go finish reloading the catapult, trampling over the icy remains of their own comrades, while the others go back to tying up loose barrels and planks. The catapult's arm is loaded with a new shell and loosed. And just as it rises, you hear something on the battered contraptition snap and the shell goes off to the side, completely missing the last bombard and falling just at the side of Jeremy, over an unfortunate guard and elf that burst into flames.

Locked on his position, the pirate commander quickly draws two harpoons out of his back and flings them at Zax. His aim now proves little better than his crew now and Zax easily blocks the first one with his shield and dodges the other one. However the hylian warrior can see the orcs seem to be finished with their improvised board, seventy feet long, and are holding it over their heads ready to deploy it to connect the ship to the ice.

Situation
(click to show/hide)

Crunch

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:33:28 AM by oslecamo »

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2012, 10:22:26 AM »
Seeing that the captain was headed to help Kurt, Zax decided to try once more to take down the leader, hoping it would demoralize the remaining orcs.  He switched weapons once more and fired two shots at the quickly-approaching beast.

(click to show/hide)
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2012, 10:51:11 AM »
Pha's attention was now locked on the guard treating her. Her sight was getting blurry and, looking down at the wound on her chest things started to get a little dizzy. She put her hand close to it, trying to freeze her flesh back into place but she couldn't even lift it to reach the injury. She was on the edge of passing out and couldn't even feel the pain anymore.
"Feels... funny. Hehe."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2012, 01:22:23 PM »
Jeremy thinks for a second, then pulls out an entirely new orb.  Out of it comes a bipedal, tailed creature that has gray skin and three brown ridges on top of its head.  It appears next to the piles being used for concealment.  "Machop, take out that catapult," Jeremy says and Machop picks up whatever is on top of the pile and tosses it at the Catapult.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2012, 04:50:15 PM »
The situation was now in better hands, or at least, was out of his. The catapult duel would continue, but the plank concerned him. Time for more pirate tactics.

He saw the beginnings of the gangplank, and chuckled. Primitive assault platforms... He didn't even holster his weapon as he started to walk along the ice... the internals were well shielded against water, just in case he fell in.

(click to show/hide)

Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2012, 11:02:45 AM »
Kurt awakens.
"What just happened?" He thinks. "last I remember, I was floating up above... Oh." The memories came back.
Dropping the bomb, watching the pirate pull out of the way at the last moment, watching as the pointed stick sheared its way through his body, the burning pain, like that caused by those before, but after this one there were no thoughts of heroism, no thoughts at all.
Kurt realizes that he is wet... he is in water, but is still holding in his air, and thus floating in the water.
Spinning himself around he sees the talky-man again, holding a phial.
Kurt realizes that he's been saved by this man, and wiggles his arms in a way meant to show his thanks.
Taking appraisal of the fact that there are no more enemies other than those on the boat, Kurt aspires to safety in the sky once more.
And so he focuses his breath inward, using his anatomy to filter and thin the air within, while wiggling his arms once more, Kurt acends as quickly as he is able.

(click to show/hide)
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2012, 11:41:00 PM »
Kong stood close to the fairy, kitting the button on his belt as he did so. The barrge he'd received in retrieving the small one had hit him pretty badly. He thought to himself how nice it might be to invest in a distanced form of fighting, but now was not the time for reflection. It was the time for action. As a glimmering sheathe of energy rushed up his body, stitching wounds and cleaning punctures, he turned from the fairy, trotting off towards Rabbit again. "Heal, little fairy..."

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2012, 01:07:57 PM »
The pirate commander, no longer shaken, manages to duck in time out of the way of Zax's arrows.

Rabbit swiftly advances over the ice and the captain manages to somehow make the inflated kirby drink his healing potion. Kurt then proceeds to float up and away.

Jeremy's machop for a moment seems somewhat puzzled at Jeremy's order, eyeing the sea of ice separating him from the ship. Then he notices a large barrel used in the barricade nearby. Despite his small size, the pokemon lifts it with clear  ease above his head and turns toward the catapult.

MACHOP!-The wooden projectile flies in an arc and crashes with the weakened size engine, resulting in a mess of wood splinters and bent metal!

Back in the docks, Kong channels his belt's powers into himself, while Pha loses her conscioness as her wound keeps bleeding.

This must be some kind of curse, it won't stop if we don't close it properly!-says the nearby guard, desesperately drawing more clean bandages and trying to patch Pha up.-We need more help here!

The two nearby militias step up and try to help to close the bandages, but they end up messing up as much as they help. The rest of the town defenders however seem too busy keeping their pressure on the pirates. The bombard crew finishes reloading another shot and starts taking aim, while the ship itself is filled with arrows. One of the front pirate drops into the water from the rain of projectiles, and the others seem to start wavering when they realize how few of them are left and they have no more siege, while the bombard aims at them.

What is that kind of looks suposed to mean?-roars the pirate commander-We don't need no stiking catapults to finish this now that we can get close and personal! DROP THE PLANK AND MAKE THOSE ELVES AND ELF LOVERS AND APES AND FAERIES TASTE COLD STEEL!"

The pirates roar in return and four of them advance and position the plank connecting the ice and ship, and their commander is the first to step on it and advance. The improvised contraption cranks and bends but holds. Firmly holding his glaive with both hands, he fixes in eyes on Rabbit and swings the large polearm.

That's some deadly weapon you have, but doesn't look like much. Once I take it, I'm gonna use your skull to give it the look it deserves!

The serrated blade hungrily cuts trough the power armor and reaches Rabbit's flesh under it, before discharging a painful jolt of disruptive energy. The space pirate can see his oponent is also hurt by his own weapon as some blood sips from his hands while they firmly hold it.

The remaining pirates advance trough the plank, one geting enough to engage the captain in melee (he manages to dodge out of the way), the others drawing their javelins and throwing them at Kurt, clearly trying to take advantage of his weakened state. He's pretty high tough, so they miss... Except for one, flying right at its target despite the distance. Just as it looks like it will take the Kirby out of the sky once more, it's suddenly broken in half by an intercepting arrow from Zax!

Saving his companion however distracts the veteran warrior enough time for an oportunistic pirate to run over the plank and take an extraordinary leap, covering the distance between the two in record time. Swinging his halberd in mid-air, it slices Zax across the chest.

Situation
(click to show/hide)

Crunch

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:02:08 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2012, 02:50:13 PM »
Before she could say anything else Pha's face froze into a blank smile and empty eyes.
Her skin began to get slightly warmer, but she stopped moving.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2012, 03:53:48 PM »
Rabbit looked more then winded. That last shot probably pierced one of his lungs. He wasn't ultimately worried though, he had two more. He started to feel light headed, a little woozy here and there..."You lack the intellectual capacity to appreciate this weapon." Rabbit said, his thick black ichor spilling out from the vicious wound and staining the ice at his feet. "You will never see landfall, false Pirate."

A staggering sidestep to the left to get a better shot at the pirate lord, Rabbit squeezed the trigger, perhaps one final time.

You are on discharge 3 of 50 remaining. Tip: Aim for your opponent's vital areas! Disintegration of their primary neural mass will hamper reaction time and demoralize lesser beings!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 05:31:08 PM by Sneaky_Sable »
Link to my homebrews

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2012, 05:00:42 PM »
Having destroyed the catapult, Machop turns its attention to the large pirate commander.  It grabs another barrel and throws it.  In the mean time Jeremy stays put not knowing what else to do.  He doesn't want to get shot.