Author Topic: (At Least) One Feat A Day  (Read 45835 times)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: (At Least) One Feat A Day
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2014, 05:40:08 PM »
A feat on... very very selective mind control denial?

It's rather narrow as a feat effect, I must say.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2014, 05:44:12 PM »
A feat on... very very selective mind control denial?

It's rather narrow as a feat effect, I must say.

I guess I could maybe see a use for it if I'm a one trick pony--but that tends to mean martial characters, and 'attack' is not a descriptor.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2014, 06:51:47 PM »
Maybe I should put the "being ordered to use effects of that Descriptor causes that creature's control over you to immediately end" clause back in...
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2014, 06:55:42 PM »
Maybe I should put the "being ordered to use effects of that Descriptor causes that creature's control over you to immediately end" clause back in...

That at least makes it a nasty little tripwire for anyone using domination.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2014, 07:15:21 PM »
"Hey, go burninate that guy."
*Turns around, burninates the guy who just gave him that order.*
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2014, 10:35:55 AM »
What exactly counts as "descriptor" here? 

Also I think I will have a go at this feat making thing too. will post in a couple hours - feedback appreciated.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2014, 10:42:45 AM »
What exactly counts as "descriptor" here? 

Also I think I will have a go at this feat making thing too. will post in a couple hours - feedback appreciated.

I think stuff like [Mind-Affecting] and [Fire].

Not in this thread, you don't. :p

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2014, 10:50:14 AM »
I know it's not in the thread.

Wouldn't that limit the feat to casters, who are the best equipped to resist mind control anyway?

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2014, 12:02:28 PM »
Everyone can use Fear effects! That's what Intimidate is, after all.

There are a few others that you can get without being a Caster. But yeah, a bit of a caster feat. Not that I mind that.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2014, 11:25:15 PM »
Sacred Nevus [Exalted]
Your body holds marks from your fasting and devotions, marking you as a holy man.
Prerequisites: Good alignment
Benefit: You gain a +2 sacred bonus on Diplomacy checks.
Special: Sacred Nevus counts as Willing Deformity for the purposes of prerequisites; you may consider any Vile feat that requires Willing Deformity as an Exalted feat instead.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2014, 09:47:58 AM »
We could use some feat to prevent fighty characters from cutting down teammates when confused (or, as it tends to happen in my games, running blindly down the street and then slaughtering some random civillians who happened to be in the bad place at a bad time)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2014, 09:35:58 PM »
Aww, but that's the fun of Confusion.

But alright, if you insist:

Target Distinction [Fighter]
You've been in your fair share of scraps, so you know how to differentiate between friend and foe.
Prerequisites: Iron Will, BAB +4
Benefits: You may treat your allies as being 50' further away and your enemies as being 50' closer for the purposes of any effect that requires you to target the creature closest to you; in addition, you may ignore noncombatants for the purposes of such effects.

Pinpoint Violence [General]
Stupid monsters, don't they know that trying to confuse you just draws your attention?
Prerequisites: Rage
Benefits: As long as you are under the effects of Rage and are also Confused, you may choose to automatically roll a 01 when determining what actions you take that round. In addition, increase the bonus to Will saves due to your Rage by 2.

Blessed Focus [General]
Your god has seen fit to defend your mind from madness as well as doubt.
Prerequisites: Aura of Courage
Benefits: You are immune to Confusion effects; in addition, any ally within your Aura of Courage gains a +4 bonus on all saves against Confusion effects.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2014, 09:50:45 PM »
Dragonsoul Shaper [Draconic][Incarnum]
You can grasp the might of draconic essentia, and can shape it into something truly worthwhile.
Prerequisites: Able to shape soulmelds
Benefit: You may shape Draconic Soulmelds regardless of whether you have the Dragonblooded subtype or not; in addition, you gain 2 additional points of Essentia which may only be invested in Draconic Soulmelds.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2014, 10:54:06 PM »
Athlete's Build [General]
Your body is a graceful mass of muscle.
Prerequisites: Toughness, Con 13, Str 13
Benefits: At the beginning of each encounter, you gain 3 temporary hit points for each copy of Toughness you have; these temporary hit points stack with any other source of temporary hit points you might have. In addition, your body is considered a Masterwork tool for any two Strength or Constitution based skills.

Tomb-Born Eyes [General]
Your eyes have taken on the distinctive pall of the undead.
Prerequisites: Tomb-Tainted Soul, Nongood Alignment
Benefit: You may always see Ethereal creatures as if you were under the effects of a permanent See Invisibility spell. Your eyes have a hollow, bruised look to them, and you rarely blink.
Special: Having this feat allows you to ignore the prerequisites of Lifesense.

Ghost-Blooded [General]
Your blood is tinted with ectoplasm, and your heart calls out to the dead.
Prerequisites: 1st level only
Benefits: You may qualify for and use [Ghost] feats as if you were a permanently Manifested Ghost (treat this as if you were inside a Manifest Ward at all times.) In addition, you are considered to be a dead body for the purposes of any effect, such as Deathwatch, that would reveal your living (or dead) status.
Special: This feat counts as Tomb-Tainted Soul for the purposes of prerequisites.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2014, 01:42:57 PM »
Wonderful work!   :love

Question though:  Leaving the line for Rage as-is, or will there be some wording to allow for similar abilities to work with Pinpoint Violence?

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2014, 10:56:59 PM »
The Face of the World [Racial]
Your spread of possible shapes is vastly broadened.
Prerequisite: Changeling
Benefits: You may use Minor Shapeshift to take the shape of Animals as well as Humanoids; you may only transform into Animals of your size with a roughly equivalent number of limbs.

Morphic Sneak [Racial]
Your inconsisten features make it all the easier to slip through cracks and tight passages.
Prerequisite: Changeling
Benefit: While under the effects of Minor Shapeshift, you may choose to adopt the form of a smaller creature; if you do so, you gain the Slight Build special quality, and may appear to be Small sized.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2014, 10:36:43 PM »
Perverse Knowledge [General]
You have special training, and can better understand the maddening vagaries of the lands beyond reality.
Benefits: Knowledge (Forbidden Lore) is always a class skill for you; in addition, your ranks in Knowledge (Forbidden Lore) are restricted by the normal cap on how many ranks you may have in a class skill. You still cannot gain ranks in Knowledge (Forbidden Lore) by spending skill points.
Special: You may use your ranks in Knowledge (Forbidden Lore) in place of ranks in Knowledge (Arcane) for the purposes of both skill checks and meeting prerequisites.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2014, 11:31:04 PM »
Necrotic Predation [Vile]
You can feel the necrotic flesh bubbling inside the flesh of your victims. Poor bastards.
Prerequisites: Any Evil alignment, Evil Brand, Detect Magic as a spell-like ability
Benefits: Whenever you use Detect Magic, each round of focus also gives you the benefits of the equivalent round of Necrotic Awareness. In addition, all of your spell-like abilities increase their Save DCs by 1 when targeting creatures infected by Necrotic Cysts, and you gain a touch attack that deals 1d6 Vile damage to creatures with Necrotic Cysts.
Special: This feat counts as Mother Cyst for the purposes of prerequisites.

EDIT: There used to be two feats here. I moved one to the Mature board. For a really good reason.

Basically, I've set up a thread for my more uncomfortable feats. Reader discretion advised.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 01:39:04 PM by Amechra »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2014, 12:10:45 PM »
Your link doesn't actually have a url in it.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2014, 01:38:33 PM »
That is, uh, to protect your impressionable minds! It definitely isn't because I'm forgetful.  :p

But now, it is fixed.