Author Topic: Eberron E6, Monsters welcome!  (Read 8282 times)

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Eberron E6, Monsters welcome!
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2019, 04:45:25 PM »
Cali

(click to show/hide)
Hmm.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2019, 04:53:57 PM »
Withdrawing interest.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2019, 05:54:02 PM »
Same.
Hmm.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2019, 07:41:23 PM »
I have been informed that I didn't give a power level for this game. Sorry about that!

Don't worry about trivializing the encounters, you are SCPs, you tend to be super unfair from the perspective of those who wish to contain you.

I highly encourage fast healing, warlock/tome of battle style unlimited recharge, etc, as it means I can plan for the same amount of resources brought to bear in most fights regardless of order.

If your character overshadows a similar one, remember that SCPs are WEIRD. Feel free to branch WAY out.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2019, 10:02:01 PM »
Exploring options.
Hmm.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2019, 10:21:23 AM »
Ignore my above post.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2019, 04:16:09 PM »
Okay, after talking about why the party can do and digging through all of the Spheres material I have three class options to pick from.

Incanter, possibly with the Reincarnated Master archetype. Basically a Spheres wizard.

Scholar uses Spheres of Power so isn't a caster. I'd be someone who studies the SCP equivalents within the game world. Also with in-combat trap use which is cool.

Wraith with the Collective archetype. Definitely the most complicated thing on the list because I act through cohorts and followers from a massively revised leadership system that isn't full of rampant abuse options.

I'm not sure which way to go. Scholar and Wraith have defined roles, Incanter can do anything.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2019, 04:26:41 PM »
Okay, after talking about why the party can do and digging through all of the Spheres material I have three class options to pick from.

Incanter, possibly with the Reincarnated Master archetype. Basically a Spheres wizard.

Scholar uses Spheres of Power so isn't a caster. I'd be someone who studies the SCP equivalents within the game world. Also with in-combat trap use which is cool.

Wraith with the Collective archetype. Definitely the most complicated thing on the list because I act through cohorts and followers from a massively revised leadership system that isn't full of rampant abuse options.

I'm not sure which way to go. Scholar and Wraith have defined roles, Incanter can do anything.

Wraith sounds like it would be interesting. You could basically BE a Group of Interest, much like the Global Occult Coalition or the SCP Foundation.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2019, 04:33:06 PM »
Wraith would definitely be the most interesting. Also the most complicated.

Incanter has become the least interesting for me unless I do something crazy like be a teleporting necromancer.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2019, 06:27:38 PM »
Guise of the Servant
This drab coat covers up the torso of a character (taking up space as magic armor or clothing would). It allows the wearer to utilize the spell servant's guise at will.

Faint illusion; CL 2nd; Craft Wondrous Item, servant's guise; Price 900 gp; Weight 2 lb.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2019, 05:20:10 PM »
Hey, did you have a timeframe for interest? I'm keen on this and I've been away from PbP for a while. :)

Given Nanshork's post, I take it Spheres material is OK'd? I've been spending a lot of time looking through it (and putting together a ridiculous tri-stalt Wraith/Swashbuckler/Harbinger for a game elsewhere). What about Path of War?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2019, 07:35:06 PM »
Spheres is okay. I've been throwing stuff at Nytemare and his only real concern was lots of Leadership cohorts because it could make other players feel like I can do too much or am taking too many actions.

Right now I'm confirmed as a Scholar.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2019, 08:20:09 PM »
Character Name (WIP)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2019, 02:49:25 PM »
Hey, did you have a timeframe for interest? I'm keen on this and I've been away from PbP for a while. :)

Given Nanshork's post, I take it Spheres material is OK'd? I've been spending a lot of time looking through it (and putting together a ridiculous tri-stalt Wraith/Swashbuckler/Harbinger for a game elsewhere). What about Path of War?

I'll be closing the window for new players next week. Spheres & Path of War are both ok in general, but will need to be run by me for specifics. I'll update the first post with stuff that has already been nixed.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2019, 02:55:49 PM »
I'll be closing the window for new players next week. Spheres & Path of War are both ok in general, but will need to be run by me for specifics. I'll update the first post with stuff that has already been nixed.

Ok, great!

So as for a Spheres of Might option of interest, the Conscript says that if it's the first class level a character takes, it may select a Martial Tradition. Do monster levels count for this purpose? Most of the ones I'm looking at grant no proficiencies as such, and Conscript basically assumes you'll be getting proficiencies by way of it's own class level or that of another standard class. For clarity, it works in my favor if monster levels don't count and therefore Conscript is considered the first class level.

It won't break my plans if it does count, it just means more careful resource management.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2019, 03:13:14 PM »

Ok, great!

So as for a Spheres of Might option of interest, the Conscript says that if it's the first class level a character takes, it may select a Martial Tradition. Do monster levels count for this purpose? Most of the ones I'm looking at grant no proficiencies as such, and Conscript basically assumes you'll be getting proficiencies by way of it's own class level or that of another standard class. For clarity, it works in my favor if monster levels don't count and therefore Conscript is considered the first class level.

It won't break my plans if it does count, it just means more careful resource management.

Oslecamo's monster levels are considered class levels. I'd have to dig in farther for an answer regarding racial HD, but I seem to remember it being described in one of the books as "treat a racial HD as a level in a special class with no abilities".

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2019, 03:22:39 PM »
Ok, no worries. It just means I've got a couple fewer talents to work with, which is fine since feats can buy more down the line.

Current plan is to go with Deadly Dancer 3/Conscript 3.

Also, did I miss basic Character Creation info? Point buy, etc.?

Nm, I just scrolled through the Discord.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 04:12:32 PM by VennDygrem »

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2019, 06:16:30 PM »
Looks like we have a party of 6(?) people right now, which is just about my upper limit. I'll give people the weekend to get stuff sorted, then I'll put up the opening post next week.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2019, 08:19:41 PM »
WIP Character Sheet for reference: Subject RZ-12, "Razor" The Deadliest Dancer

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 11:17:13 AM by VennDygrem »

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2019, 12:58:59 AM »
Some Dudes:

Hal-el Tueor Savage Angel 5  Salient Abilities:Protection from Evil +7 saves +7 AC and Divine Support - remove badness

Leonardo Dire tortoise
Taunt - 9 enemy att if they choose to attack someone else, Defense Shield  +9AC, DR 5/-, SR 10(+2), Evasion+ to nearby allies

Johan Denizen of Leng: Rouge, Dex Drain, +5 to d20 rolls for ally or -5 to enemy 4/day

Srebrone Silver Dragon
Cold Breath w/ metabreath feats, Paralyzing Breath 

Sylviana Garryl's Marshal. Needs to be reworked... Open to suggestions
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 12:48:51 AM by dman »