Author Topic: Goblin Arrows (IC Thread)  (Read 18550 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Arrows (IC Thread)
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2017, 07:44:06 PM »
Zuzie accepted the offered candy, but gave Heylian a smirk in return for it. JustcauseI'msmalldoesn'tmeantotreatlikeachildbutthankyoueitherway."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2017, 07:56:54 AM »
"Wouldn't dream of it. I just figured EVERYBODY likes candy. And I like your sunny disposition." Heylian offers with a smirk of his own.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2017, 03:14:48 PM »
"Give us what supplies you can. Food, camping supplies. Make sure it's portable. We're going as soon as that's sorted. Anyone fool enough not to have a weapon on them best run to the blacksmith, now." Kovoir let a spark of magic play across his fingers as he kept his sour expression fixed on Barthen.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2017, 10:46:40 AM »
Pieron wonders why these people weren't already as prepared as he is.  Amateurs.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2017, 08:36:09 AM »
With the proceeding from here on determined, Heylian runs to the Lionshield Coster to procure a weapon while the rest make final preparations to depart. The Coster's master is a sharp-tongued human woman of thirty-five named Linene Graywind. As Barthen predicted, Heylian finds her unwilling to budge on the price of her wares, but she reveals that bandits have also attacked Lionshield caravans in the past, and offers to give the winning half-elf a crossbow and a quiver of bolts on credit if he can recover the goods the bandits stole from her. He can then buy the weapon off out of the reward money.

The sun has started setting by the time you return back to the site of the ambush at the fastest pace you can make. The horses are still where you left them, rotting to the side of the road. After a search of the area, Pieron finds a narrow trail hidden behind thickets to the north of the road, roughly in the direction the last surviving goblin attempted to flee when the tide turned. It leads northwest into the forest. Based on the tracks and markings, Pieron guesses that about a dozen goblins may use the track in total, and there is evidence of two human-sized bodies being hauled away from the ambush site.

(click to show/hide)
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2017, 10:30:37 AM »
It is an offer Heylian is more than happy to accept, and he promises whatever extra wares he gets out of his share of the loot she'll get first crack at.

In order to support the team most effectively, be it from a range or from melee, Heylian requests to be just before the rearguard. That way, if they are attacked from behind, he can help mount a defensive wall, and if they're attacked from the front, he can pepper them with bolts.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2017, 12:30:05 PM »
Kovoir nods at the suggestion, and takes his place in the middle of the order, where he can fire magic in both directions. Not that he's afraid of meeting a goblin in physical combat, just that he's more suited to using spells on them.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2018, 04:08:37 PM »
Pieron takes point as is expected of him.  He won't be surprised again and has a javelin at the ready.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2018, 12:33:01 PM »
Alert and experienced at navigating the wilderness, Pieron leads the way down the path. The group treks some ten minutes northward in the light of the setting sun before he stops the party. He has spotted a hidden snare right on the road. of the sort a trapper might set to catch rabbits, only sized for humans or dwarves. Not a particularly deadly trap, but certainly an embarrassing one to be caught in until a goblin band comes along to capture the victim.

And it's just as well that Pieron almost walked into it, because it has him looking carefully for any further traps on the trail, and his caution pays off when he finds a significantly better hidden covered pit right on the trail by the goblin footsteps tracking around it rather than over. Whoever falls into it would be in for quite a concussion.

The rest of the journey is uneventful, and finally, you come across a large cave in a hillside five miles from the scene of the ambush. A shallow stream flows out of the cave mouth, which is screened by dense briar thickets. A narrow dry path leads into the cave on the right-hand side of the stream. The path ends here, and the cave seems an attractive spot for the goblin bandits if it's deep enough. How do you approach?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2018, 08:51:02 AM »
"So which one of you is going to be the coward who suggests hiding in the briar thickets waiting for the goblins to appear?" Kovoir, stubborn as usual for a dwarf, was itching in get his meaty hands around the neck of whichever goblin had hurt another dwarf.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2018, 12:22:41 PM »
Heylian will use Prestidigitation to make it look like everyone else but him is raising their hand.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2018, 06:47:44 AM »
Kovoir growls. "Funny, elf." A mage hand appears out of thin air and slaps the elf across the face.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2018, 10:35:39 AM »
"Half-elf, if you please." Heylian responds, not minding the Three Stooges-esque response. "Now let's be a bit more quiet about it. Just because we don't plan on sneaking about doesn't mean we have to throw the element of surprise in the latrine. Do you suppose we try to capture one of them, or do we simply flank them and kill them all?"

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2018, 09:59:20 PM »
Pieron's opinion of these people as amateurs has been firmly cemented.  He shakes his head at their inanity and says, "What need would we have to capture one of them?"

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2018, 09:28:25 AM »
"Information, Pieron. We'll go faster if we know how to evade their traps and ambushes so we can rescue our friends. And if we confirm they aren't alive, then we'll be that much more motivated to murder every last one of them." The half-elf said, all smiles and patience.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2018, 10:31:44 AM »
"Do you speak Goblin?  Even if you do, do you think that a goblin would tell you what you want to know?  Does it look like we have time to torture information out of one?  Would you even be able to, and if you could how would you justify it to her?"  Pieron sneers disdainfully, and at that last question gestures at Zuzie.  This is the most any of you have heard Pieron say at one time, even those who have traveled with him.

"We have a job to do, people to rescue.  Enough time has been wasted already."

Pieron ignores the dry path as he assumes it is full of traps.  Javelin in hand he steps into the stream and makes his way to the cave.

(click to show/hide)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2018, 05:29:51 PM »
Zuzie covers her mouth with both hands and gasps mockingly; suddenly having attention tossed her way as well. "Ohnothebigguyisrighthowcouldweeverjustifytorturingsuchapoordefenselesscritterlikeagoblininfrontofthechildwewouldbetheworstkindofparentstoallowsuchathing!"

Snickering behind her hands, she follows up a bit more on topic. "ThislittlegirlisnotpracticedattortureeitheranywayssoIcouldnothelpwiththattoo."
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:14:54 PM by ketaro »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2018, 05:55:19 PM »
Heylian scoffs. "Torture. Such a primitive method of obtaining information. Suit yourself, though." The half-elf shrugs. "There is far easier trickery to visit upon such simple-minded creatures. If any of them is left breathing by the end of our first contact, we can discuss what to do then."

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2018, 12:23:01 PM »
Maybe it's Heylian's casual insult. Maybe you were talking too loudly. Either way, your approach doesn't go unnoticed. Just as Pieron steps up to the stream, he hears the hurried rustling of a pair of goblins scrambling to get ready for combat behind the bushes on the other side, sentries who must have been slacking off. Now, they bark back and forth in a panic and get ready to attack!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2018, 10:05:32 PM »
At the first sign of a goblin scream, the half-elf draws his brand-new crossbow and takes aim reflexively.

"Gobbos, two o'clock!"

Without wasting another second, he shoots at the one that seems most ready to bring harm to the team.

"Pieron! Time to show that professionalism you're so proud of!"

They may seem the mocking sort, but Heylian's words clearly have a different effect on the gruff ranger. There's magic in the air coming from the bard.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 10:09:17 PM by Kuroimaken »

Give me internets. Now.