Author Topic: Request Waiting List-Post your monster classes requests here!  (Read 123498 times)

Offline ~Corvus~

• My Greed has spread here too =D
    • View Profile
Re: Request Waiting List-Post your monster classes requests here!
« Reply #380 on: April 26, 2017, 12:35:21 PM »
Remmanon & Thrym Hound (near top of list) can be removed.

Valkyries, a la Valkyrie Profile, would be rather cool to see. Finishing blows, soul destruction, building an army, etc.

Hmm. A Valkyrie with combat maneuvers seems right. Atlas did a good job of using classical norse mythology, but it's a tall order to make a race involve story elements from a focused plotline. D&D can be a railroad-game but it's better to make a Valkyrie and let a GM involve those story elements.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:38:43 PM by ~Corvus~ »
Quote from: HuskyBoi
I just need a minute to appreciate the words 'goliath lamp-post sneak attack'. That's a thing of beauty, right there.

Greedling avatar by Ceika from Giantitp.

Offline CDTalmas

• I'm not new any more!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 01, 2017, 05:35:55 PM »
Remmanon & Thrym Hound (near top of list) can be removed.

Valkyries, a la Valkyrie Profile, would be rather cool to see. Finishing blows, soul destruction, building an army, etc.

Hmm. A Valkyrie with combat maneuvers seems right. Atlas did a good job of using classical norse mythology, but it's a tall order to make a race involve story elements from a focused plotline. D&D can be a railroad-game but it's better to make a Valkyrie and let a GM involve those story elements.

Think of it not so much as "story driven" as "game mechanics" based. Take the Wild Hunt, an initiator, a limit break character, a necromancer/summoner, and an angel, mix them in a pot, tone their abilities down, put in lots of eye candy (aka, fluff descriptions), and you have Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile.

Offline Threadnaught

• 1% good ideas 99% crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 21, 2017, 11:59:24 AM »
Current Campaign has me run ragged, but hopefully these dozen new books and magazines'll come in handy.

Just throwing out some things in case anyone else decides to fix these up before I get around to them, as y'all are so quick at doing so. I'm working on all of them, but some are just at the most basic play style ideas. So no worries if someone can flesh them out faster.

Chaturans from Dragon #358.
Pawn 2 levels
King 9 levels
Pawn Prestige Classes (because that's how Chess works)
Knight 2 levels
Bishop 3 levels
Rook 5 levels
Queen 7 levels

I'm surprised Osle, you've brought a few things from Dragon into this project, including Tome Dragon and Gray Shiver from Dragon 343. I checked the Dragon and Golem sections to discover that Hex Dragon and Rune Golem haven't been written up or even requested.

Effigy Creature Template 1 level (Complete Arcane)
Dry Lich Template 3 levels (Sandstorm)
Shivhad 21 levels (Frostburn)
Brood Spawn Template 3 levels (Elder Evils) [a gift to you Osle, I wanted to surprise you, but haven't figured out how to do it]

I'm gonna take a look at the Clockwork Horrors, since they remind me of the Replicators.

And Monster of Legacy 3 levels (guess which book  :p), just because.

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 22, 2017, 10:48:00 AM »
Hey. I found a Psionic Elemental on the SRD. Instead of just doing the standard levels = base CR, it has an advancement line going to 18 HD at Large size. Going by the guidelines for monster improvement, this 18 HD form is CR 8. +1 per 4 Elemental HD, +1 per size increase. The overall advancement means the first three levels go to Small size, then the fifth level is Medium, and eighth level is Large, if the CR advancement of Crysmal is followed.

The reproductive cycle is also mentioned, making a new member of the species using 8-10 gems worth 25 GP each is the way it's done normally, but any "mundane" mineral works. So having them made from particular materials can be done as a layer of option, or having it be integrating minerals alongside size increases. The straightforward nature of said reproductive cycle means that spawn-like creation of others to be controlled might be an option, trading GP for minions with some helpful abilities. Or that can be shifted to some sort of "broodmother" PRC/template for the class that can make more of it's kind in a combat-viable fashion, possibly taking a non-combat-viable amount of time to make permanent individuals with the temporary ones being a quick first step.

I'd do it myself right now, but I'm really tired and not in the mood to wrestle with manually made tables. Or copying over templates. Or actually working out the details of the crunch, though being able to trade a Growth option for having the crystal of the body become something more advanced, like Crysteel(in the general crystal/metal "alloy" sense) or Deep Crystal(PP/PLA-use/mental-stat-for-enhancement, HO!), would be a neat thing. Maybe have one of the Growth options needed to get to Large be replaced with a list option that includes size increase. Also, the creature has a Burrow speed. Not sure what the standards on that are.

In regards to features beyond statblock and fluff stuff, it's natural attack is a Sting, not Claws. Stings almost always do poison on hit, while this one doesn't have one. Psionic powers for Con-damaging Poison on hit do exist, as well as a bundle of natural attack improvements. Either by way of racial PsyWar manifesting, cut down in some way, or selected as PLAs, possibly with cooldowns exceeding durations from a limited list.

So, in quick summary:

8 level, due to listed advancement capping at CR 8, rather than going three level for the base creature's CR, as is typical.
Something relating to being made from particular materials, with options to replace growth with material advancement.
Reproduction-mechanism focused PRC, more Animate Object than spawn-based for practical use. Possible buff-side.
Natural Attack focus Psionic improvements, either from racial PsyWar manifesting or PLA choices w./w.o. cooldowns.

Anyone want to take this suggestion, or any component part(s) of it, or is it going to be left for my obscene procrastination to do?

Offline Threadnaught

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 22, 2017, 07:02:46 PM »
I'd do it myself right now, but I'm really tired and not in the mood to wrestle with manually made tables. Or copying over templates. Or actually working

Well you said it, not us. You certainly don't seem to be in the mood to do any work around here. :smirk

Intentional misquote to make a valid point aside, I have a handful of Monster Classes, Bloodlines and Legacy Items in progress. There are no threads for them, until they're ready to show the world, they're locked up in messages to myself. I did the same for Ironthorn and Dustform Creature before sending Osle the concepts which required fleshing out. Nothing I work on is seen by another user unless I'm satisfied with it.

Osle, you can remove Clockwork Horrors from the waiting list. You'd already finished those.

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 22, 2017, 09:38:14 PM »
I'd do it myself right now, but I'm really tired and not in the mood to wrestle with manually made tables. Or copying over templates. Or actually working

Well you said it, not us. You certainly don't seem to be in the mood to do any work around here. :smirk
Eh, I've started on it now. It'll probably be posted as a rough draft, with me doing edits as people comment on it and I come up with refinements to the idea. I'm going with the racial manifesting idea, rather than Psi-likes, to keep it grounded and stacking with other classes, using PsyWar as the basis, but adding blaster stuff from Psion and Kinetisist with the restriction of energy damage type choice. And features that mess with the list of energy types.

Actually, I posted the drafty version while procrastinating on this post.

Offline Threadnaught

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 23, 2017, 06:38:24 AM »
Eh, I've started on it now.

Good man, I look forward to its completion.

Offline ~Corvus~

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 22, 2017, 02:55:37 PM »
Remmannon and Thrym Hound have been completed and need to be taken off the waiting list.
I just need a minute to appreciate the words 'goliath lamp-post sneak attack'. That's a thing of beauty, right there.

Offline Yasahiro

• Lurker
  • I am new, but not unexperienced.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 22, 2017, 08:35:08 PM »
Well then I request Entropic and Kluchirir would ask for possible PRC that requires both Entropic and Vivacious but feel like it's might be too much to ask.

I DO want to ask for Jungle Giants, though! We do have Forest Giants who haven't been made yet and been there since forever...

Is KAAAYOOS meant to be just Chaos template or...?
"If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

Offline Yasahiro

• Lurker
  • I am new, but not unexperienced.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 24, 2017, 07:42:45 PM »
Adding Request for Miniature template class. Appeared in PF and third party books for 3.5, but I'd say it should get a class. Arguably it Did mean to serve as diminishing thing but it can offer options for making the character be more adept at using smaller size. It would either reduce character in size or could be only applied to already tiny characters
"If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

Offline ~Corvus~

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 19, 2017, 03:54:06 PM »
Update to the monsters waiting list

-Avatars of Elemental Evil (MM IV, fire and water )
-Malaugrym (MM II)
-Canomorph and Dark Weaver (FF)
-Velroc (both Dragon Magic)
-Shadow of the Void (Epic Level Handbook)
-Raggamoffyn (MMII, Guttersnipe and Shrapnyl left to do)
-Mercurion (MMV), CR 17
-Ruin Chanter (MMV), CR 14
-Brainstealer dragon (Dragon Magazine 337 pg24)
-Dusk Giant (Heroes of Horror)
-Chronotyryn (Fiend Folio)
-Kami (PFSRD)
-Goblins!
-THOON! (MM V, constructs first, only soldier done so far).
-Linnorms (MM II)
-Arcanaloth (MM II)
-Dream Larva (Epic Level Handbook)
-KAYOSS! (custom)
-Crawling Apocalypse, 11 Levels (Sandstorm)
-Leviathan/Aspect of, 16 Levels (Elder Evils)
-Atropus/Aspect of, 23 Levels (Elder Evils)
-Battlebriar (MM III)
-Dendar the Night Serpent (Champions of Ruin)
-Lava Ooze (Sandstorm)
-Snowflake Ooze (MM III)
-Piercer (3.0 Tome of Horrors - also see Darkmantle, MM)
-Death's Head Tree (http://www.lomion.de/cmm/deaheatr.php)
-were-beaver ???
-were-platypus ???

(buncha links)

-were-raptor. Or possibly, a were-T-Rex (custom)
-Ibrandlin? (Monsters of Faerûn)
-Doll Golem (2.0 MM)
-Leng Spider: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/leng-spider
-Monsters from Oriental Adventures, in general. Like the Dokufu. Or Hopping Vampires!(done) :D Or the lung dragons, yeah.
-Opposite to titanic creature
-Carrion crawler (MM)
-Mercury Dragon http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20040103a
-Modrons (duodrone done)
-Prismatic Dragon (ELH)
-Bog Imp from HoH
-Blackstone Gigant (FF)
-Demodand (FF)
-Fensir/Rakka (FF)
-Uvuudaum (ELH)
-Nightshades (Nightcrawler and Nightwing, both from MM1)
-Cambion (Expedition to Demonweb Pits)
(Delete - finished)-Draegloth
-Gray Render reworked into more of a supportive monster, gaining abilities that benefit the group it has decided to form a bond with
-Bog Giant (Fiend Folio)
-Forest Giant (MMII)
-Sun Giant (MMII)
-Sand Giant (MM III)
-Mountain Giant (MM II) & archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20020802
-Death Giant (2 requests) (MM III)
-Fog Giant (Monsters of Faerûn)
-Shadow Giant (Fiend Folio)
-Craa'ghoran (MM IV)
- Spectral Lurker (Fiend Folio)
-Avatar of the Archdevil Mephistopheles
-Clockwork Horror (MM)
-Incarnum Dragon (Magic of Incarnum)
-Totem Dragon ???
-(Awakened) Incarnum Golem (Magic of Incarnum)
-Incarnum Wraith (Magic of Incarnum)
-Banshee (MM)
-Platinium Dragon (Deities & demigods - Bahamut) (Manual of the Planes)
-Asperi (MM2)
-Blackwing (MM5)
-Genie, Qorrashi (Fro)
-Giant Raven (Fro)
-Glaistig (MM3) (requested twice)
-Guulvorg (MM5)
-Hippocampus (Sto)
-Nereid (Sto)
-Rusalka (Fro)
-Siege Beetle (MM5)
-Sirine (MM2)
-Skull Lord (MM5)
-Smilodon (Fro)
-Spirrax (MM5)
-Steelwing (MM5)
-Thorn (MM3)
-Thrym Hound (MM5)
-Voor (MM4)
-Wizened Elder (MM4)
-Unraveler (Planeswalkers Handbook)
-cursed cold one (gelun) from Sandstorm page 145
- Bluespawn Godslayer (MMIV)
-Elder Brain (MMV)
-Were-Oozes (custom)
-Howling and chaos dragons (Draconomicon)
-Lebentod, an undead that can separate itself into pieces and control them, or something similar to Tobin the Many
-Boneyard (Libris Mortis)
-Totem Giant ???
-Varrangoin Lesser, Varrangoin Rager, FiendFolio  ~p.184
-Bunch of elementals
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 04:08:54 PM by ~Corvus~ »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #391 on: December 19, 2017, 10:34:49 PM »

You do realize you didn't remove several monsters that are not only in the current main index, they're also in the very front page of the subforum, right?

But can't really blame you, updating the main request list is just too much trouble and that's why I don't really bother with it anymore. Just when I can't decide what to do next I come here to check if anything catches my attention. :P

Offline ~Corvus~

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 10, 2018, 01:36:51 AM »

You do realize you didn't remove several monsters that are not only in the current main index, they're also in the very front page of the subforum, right?
This only proves that the list badly needs updating.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 30, 2018, 11:24:07 PM »
And updated by popular demand.

Also anyone knows where the Kluchirir is? Because searching online only brings me back here. Typo?

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 01, 2018, 11:22:35 AM »
Try the Klurichir.

Offline Threadnaught

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 01, 2018, 11:25:18 PM »
And updated by popular demand.

Also anyone knows where the Kluchirir is? Because searching online only brings me back here. Typo?

Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss, updated from Fiend Folio.

Offline Tjallen

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 17, 2018, 10:29:42 AM »
I don't know if this thread is still in use, but here goes: I am using the Skaven Eshin Agent class and really like the abilities and flavor, unfortunately I don't feel like the Verminlord offers much in the way of stealthy assassin stuff, so my request would be for an Eshin lord or simply more levels for the Eshin agent.

Cheers.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 18, 2018, 05:19:52 AM »
You're in luck since I happened to have a bit of free time and a burst of inspiration upon reading your request, so here it is.

Although I would also suggest the Paragon or Chaos Cultist for further sneaky stealthy stuff.

Offline Tjallen

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 18, 2018, 05:56:02 AM »
Thank you very much. I will look it over instead of working. :D

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 04, 2018, 10:00:59 AM »
Dark template from tome of magic