Author Topic: The Crown's Courtyard (OOC general discussion)  (Read 37387 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: The Crown's Courtyard (OOC general discussion)
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2019, 09:31:36 PM »
Well, the lead singer of Powerwolf is Attila Dorn (not his actual name) and I swear he's secretly Dracula (also they sing about vampires, werewolves, what appears to be the catholic church run by said vampires and werewolves...)

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2019, 10:03:14 PM »
Crap, I meant band name. Signal not the best and I had to send it twice.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2019, 10:04:10 PM »
My advice is to just go find a list of Power Metal bands and steal one. You're a fantasy setting rock band with a vampire lead. There's not a more suitable genre. :p

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2019, 10:13:37 PM »
I like that you could essentially break Team Bonnie down as a bunch of solo villains pushed together and that Team Everybody Else is the well-balanced party of adventurers to take them down.  :lmao

Funnier thing is that around half of Team Everybody Else Profit are evil and kinda proud of it but I guess when compared to the vampire lords out for blood and a sinner angel they would still count as the lesser evil. "Only the king crab, meat merchant, killer robot maid and chain devil can save us now!" :P

Hello Osle,

Would it be possible for me to create some form of use-activated..uh..stone or something that my various minions back in my hoard would be able to tap (with a claw or leg or whatever) in order to activate a 1/day sending? I'd like some way for them to be able to communicate with me in case something bad is happening and I need to defend my hoard from invaders :P

From the creating magical items formula, Sending is 4th level cleric, so Would need 7th level cleric, so 4 * 7 * 750 = 21000 / (5/1) = 4200gp - does that sound about right? Not sure how I'll fit this into my budget, but I feel like leaving my hoard with no way to react to invaders would be a bad idea...
Sounds good.

But for the Vrock, it can teleport away from melee range and snipe you by flinging stuff with telekinesis from 880 feet away, do you have a way to deal with that? If not you'll probably need to pump your combat numbers a bit higher until you can at least beat the fire giant.
The Vrock will first have to overcome SR21, and to deal with Spell Reflection as every missed projectile comes back to smack him himself by his own action. I think he will get tired of that cute trick very quickly.

Looking again at the Fire Giant, I remembered a.) that I have Combat Expertise to pump up AC and b.) that Fire Giants have really, really terrible Touch AC. I should be able to keep tripping him and whittling him down, although it may take some time with the Expertise penalty eating up valuable Power Attack space.
As pointed out by Ketaro, SR doesn't protect from being hit by random objects flinged with telekinesis, just if the Vrock tried to fling you or something you're holding.

However if you can beat the Fire Giant after all then your character should be ok.

Everybody Else: Jarob22+Skyrock+Nytemare3701+Nashork(+YumeaCurtis 2nd character). Two tanks, one offense and one utility that hopefully can take care of healing too.
Looks good to me.

I'm fine with Nytemare's Mexilheoira suggestion. I could see the Cenobites of the Doombringer being used as a deniable asset for troubleshooting when shit has hit the fan and the iron fist needs to come out - which very much the succession crisis situation. "I'm Mister Wolf. I solve problems."
Great, Mexilhoeira was meant to be more of a background prop but if it got the players interested then it can be your meeting point/support as a mercenary band.

My plan now history-wise would be that the Mexilhoeira government is paying you to go meet the 3 knights in Jóia and figure out what would be best to do in the situation so Mexilhoeira's mercenary reputation isn't (too) damaged since the knight trio wanted to rescue the queen and she ended up dead and the country in chaos, so basically you would either support the knights and kingdom in defending and rebuilding, or decide it's a lost cause and time to cut the costs and bring back the knight trio before they screw up something else, or figure out some 3rd path up to your discretion depending on what you observe in the field. Again, your primary objective is making sure Mexilhoeira's mercenary reputation stands strong.

Bio completed and Personal Maid completed. A bit tanky but not so good at the hitting things without maneuvers. Adding to the party someone who actually doesn't have weird supernatural self-healing, just cooking. The backstory is basically to have a personality but not take a -2 int penalty on an int class.

I assumed no flaws/traits were available and to use NPC WBL, not PC.
Correct on NPC WBL, but you can give your minions flaws/traits as long as it doesn't make them too stronk.

My advice is to just go find a list of Power Metal bands and steal one. You're a fantasy setting rock band with a vampire lead. There's not a more suitable genre. :p

Anything
can be a Power Metal Band name.  :p

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2019, 10:22:02 PM »
Ah, that's cool, I can reshuffle things so she has the full Meido tactical feat compliment and think which of the Elegant Maid feats it would be most useful to have that initial stacking bonus for. Since I'm not sure--does Perfect and Elegant Maid apply its unique bonus if you pick the same feat twice and don't have the feat, or Elegant Maid's bonus for already having the feat?

Also the WBL is... basically an approximation? There's no cost given for silvered armour, so I just assumed without the specific "pure" costs that it should be double baseline cost (and Plate is pricey), and left ~1000 GP left over for the extra 200gp per item for purification. Exact accounting around pure metal is a pain, I just realised NPC wealth couldn't get Mythral heavy armour.  -_-'

Anything can be a Power Metal Band name.  :p

Precisely why you start looking there. :D

Funnier thing is that around half of Team Everybody Else Profit are evil and kinda proud of it but I guess when compared to the vampire lords out for blood and a sinner angel they would still count as the lesser evil. "Only the king crab, meat merchant, killer robot maid and chain devil can save us now!" :P

I think team full-of-vampires is winning on alignment scores, of all things.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:25:01 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2019, 10:29:51 PM »
Os, if you couldn't tell I'm now going Machine Mistress for the non-Maid side.

I'm a Maid that was created for vampires.  I fucking love it!

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2019, 10:33:53 PM »
Meanwhile, on the other team, a machine that wasn't created to be a vampire's maid is enthusiastically being a vampire's maid.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2019, 10:37:37 PM »
I've revised my main funciton at least three times, thus all of the build changes.

I've now decided that my character was explicitly built with the function of being a functional maid to both vampires and non-vampires alike, with a focus more on vampires and other undead since they might be tempted to just eat living maids.  Thanks to Os I can now create an army of maid robots to do all of the housework.

I can cook and clean and prepare meals that will nourish undead and defend lairs and be a spy/assassin with integrated hidden weapons.  You know, normal maid work.   :evillaugh

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2019, 10:38:31 PM »
Still inferior to one presumably human maid.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2019, 10:40:15 PM »

I have more Maid levels than your maid.   :P

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2019, 10:42:46 PM »
You're offly enthusiastic about the maid thing  :P

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2019, 10:43:44 PM »
Meanwhile, I forgot to get minions, so now I'm just using Crawling Claws as (people wish they were)-unseen servants.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2019, 10:44:07 PM »

Nah, I was referring to Sakuya, AKA the Touhou character the class is based on. :lmao

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2019, 10:45:19 PM »

Nah, I was referring to Sakuya, AKA the Touhou character the class is based on. :lmao

Sakuya insists there's absolutely nothing supernatural about her abilites. She's a "totally normal maid" who just does the things maids do. If that violates time and/or causality, then so be it.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2019, 10:46:52 PM »
I don't know anything at all about Touhou.  :P

You're offly enthusiastic about the maid thing  :P

I have no explanation. You can ask Os, I was initially very wary of the maid thing.

I'm probably more confused about this than anyone, my initial build idea was assassin android.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2019, 10:55:52 PM »
Sakuya is a maid who claims to be totally normal and human.

Who can also casually stop time perfectly and expand space infinitely. And isn't driven insane by looking at the "true" full moon that is supposed to drive you mad. And implied to be centuries old. She's quite possibly a Lunarian but... that's also unclear.

Sakuya is strange.

But she is the Perfect and Elegant Maid.

Even if she sometimes has no common sense and buys a broken cup to replace... a cup she broke. Or opens a window in space.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2019, 10:58:38 PM »
Well I doubt I can compete with that.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2019, 11:00:39 PM »
It's just a given that you'd need to be at least 20th level to actually deal with most of the ToBhou inspiration given how all of these schools and classes are set up. A lot of them have completely broken abilities, and they're distributed throughout 9 levels of maneuvers and up to 20 levels of classes.

Plus some extra where the Yama and Gods are concerned.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2019, 11:05:14 PM »
A lot of maids around her now, make have to change my cohort.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2019, 11:11:19 PM »
Ah, that's cool, I can reshuffle things so she has the full Meido tactical feat compliment and think which of the Elegant Maid feats it would be most useful to have that initial stacking bonus for. Since I'm not sure--does Perfect and Elegant Maid apply its unique bonus if you pick the same feat twice and don't have the feat, or Elegant Maid's bonus for already having the feat?
If you pick Perfect and Elegant Maid twice for the same feat, you get the unique bonus.

Also the WBL is... basically an approximation? There's no cost given for silvered armour, so I just assumed without the specific "pure" costs that it should be double baseline cost (and Plate is pricey), and left ~1000 GP left over for the extra 200gp per item for purification. Exact accounting around pure metal is a pain, I just realised NPC wealth couldn't get Mythral heavy armour.  -_-'
Good point in pure silver armor, will add it to pure crafting.

Os, if you couldn't tell I'm now going Machine Mistress for the non-Maid side.

I'm a Maid that was created for vampires.  I fucking love it!
I've revised my main funciton at least three times, thus all of the build changes.

I've now decided that my character was explicitly built with the function of being a functional maid to both vampires and non-vampires alike, with a focus more on vampires and other undead since they might be tempted to just eat living maids.  Thanks to Os I can now create an army of maid robots to do all of the housework.

I can cook and clean and prepare meals that will nourish undead and defend lairs and be a spy/assassin with integrated hidden weapons.  You know, normal maid work.   :evillaugh
I have no explanation. You can ask Os, I was initially very wary of the maid thing.

I'm probably more confused about this than anyone, my initial build idea was assassin android.
Seems like all those maid pics and fluff are paying off! :plotting

Sakuya is a maid who claims to be totally normal and human.

Who can also casually stop time perfectly and expand space infinitely. And isn't driven insane by looking at the "true" full moon that is supposed to drive you mad. And implied to be centuries old. She's quite possibly a Lunarian but... that's also unclear.

Sakuya is strange.

But she is the Perfect and Elegant Maid.

Even if she sometimes has no common sense and buys a broken cup to replace... a cup she broke. Or opens a window in space.

That's why she can't be driven mad, she's already mad. Everybody's mad in touhouland :p

She may also be Jack Jill the Ripper. We know at least that Sakuya's not her real name, and she considers other humans to be food and something she'll only touch with the sharp end of her knifes. The lunarian theory doesn't have much legs to stand on since she meets plenty of actual lunarians and none recognize her while going "you puny humie maid stands no chance against we superior lunarians". Plus she prides herself on being an human, again a quite non-lunarian attitude.

Her eyes also change color between blue and red between games, I'm planning that to be the main Forbidden Sign of her Forbidden school.

A lot of maids around her now, make have to change my cohort.
No such thing as too much maids!

At least save her build in a spoiler or something so I can make her a NPC. :bigeyes