Author Topic: Ch. 1 What is a hero?  (Read 22515 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Re: Ch. 1 What is a hero?
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2012, 01:31:09 AM »
Tenebarum casting against 16: 3d6 : 5, 1, 6, total 12

Suspiriorum casting against 16: 3d6 : 2, 3, 2, total 7

Lachrymarum casting against 16: 3d6 : 1, 1, 3, total 5
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2012, 01:32:15 AM »
The three witches begin to fly towards the hole in the third floor.

(At a rate of 3 yards a second, if anyone is counting)
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2012, 01:47:15 AM »
Witches:
The air spirits respond, swirling around the girls, bits of glass and dust from the explosion fly away from them as a cyclone lifts them up, along with a little extra.  Tenebarum finds herself flipped upside-down, but otherwise in control of her actions.

Funnyman finds a small mound of earth roiling and following him, but his superior speed means that he manages to get inside first.

Everyone:
The girls Flit into the third floor window just as another smaller explosion shakes the building.  There are significantly fewer screams, some of which may or may not have come from anyone inside the building.  It looks like a piece of fallen floor/ceiling will allow the girls to flit upwards.  Funnyman finds himself just passing the third floor door as the explosion sounds in the floor above him.  The mound of dirt is, albeit difficultly, making it's way up the stairs, much like a ball of hair making it's way through an old drain pipe.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2012, 07:27:59 PM »
Tenebarum: Final Battle!
Suspiriorum: What?  That doesn't even make sense...

Tenebarum and Suspiriorum float up through the hole in the ceiling, and into combat.
Lachrymarum casts Lv 4 Stone Missile, expending 3 FP.

T: HP 6, FP 8  S: HP 6, FP 17  L: HP 6, FP 14

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2012, 07:29:38 PM »
Lachrymarum casting against 15: 3d6 : 4, 3, 6, total 13

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »
I burst out onto the fourth floor and quickly take stock of my surroundings.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2012, 07:52:18 PM »
2/3 of the witches fly up through the rather destructively opened hole in the ceiling while the third is below.  A mass of earth forms in the air above Lachrymarum's hand and quickly compresses into a Stone missile that, if someone were particularly skilled at classifying, would identify it as a level 4.  Just as the girls float up into the area, the door slams open and the whirlwind of cloths and color, the Funnyman quickly turns back and forth, surveying the room.

What all three of them see is a very disappointed looking Bomb Voyage standing in front of a large mass of wires and what looks like steel cooking bowls that have been taped to a large and important looking safe.  His hand is on a large red button mounted on a tangle of wires and circuits which now reads 1:00 in red-led numbers.

As expected, he begins to monologue.

"Oh ho ho ho ho~, what do ve 'ave ere?  Tree pint-sized eeroes, but no Roland?  Oh, how I was looking forward to properly greeting dat bucket ov bolts!  Vat is ze matter?  Iz zee new eero too avraid to face ME?  BOMB VOYAGE?!"

Ettiquite usually states that you should allow the villain to finish his monologue, but it's bomb voyage, so nobody will really mind and his accent is particularly fake today and the glowing red numbers may overwrite the rule anyway, as they just ticked down to 00:59.

(click to show/hide)
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2012, 07:58:03 PM »
Perception 12,  3d6 : 4, 3, 4, total 11
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2012, 07:58:29 PM »
Tenebarum perceives against 12: 3d6 : 6, 1, 4, total 11

Suspiriorum perceives against 12: 3d6 : 2, 5, 1, total 8

Lachrymarum perceives against 12: 3d6 : 4, 6, 3, total 13

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2012, 08:03:34 PM »
Tenebarum: Hello Bomberman~  I'm sorries, but we're going to have to beat you up~
Suspiriorum: Yeah, what she said.

Tenebarum Concentrates and casts Lv 1 Stone Missile, expending no FP.
Suspiriorum Concentrates and casts Lv 1 Stone Missile, expending no FP.
Lachrymarum Moves upwards through the hole.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2012, 08:04:03 PM »
Tenebarum casting against 15: 3d6 : 6, 4, 6, total 16

Suspiriorum casting against 15: 3d6 : 6, 4, 5, total 15

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2012, 08:23:16 PM »
"Yo, Bomb Voyage, I'm really happy for you, and I'm gonna let you finish, but I really have to get this off my chest."

I thrust my chest forwards and two hinged doors fly open.  A bright red punching glove flies out of its pectoral home, trailing an extensive spring.

Quote from: Internal Dialogue
How does that work, anyway?

What do you mean?

Where are our organs?

...organs?

...it never fails to alarm me that you possess the ability to reshape our body as you see fit.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2012, 08:24:03 PM »
Innate attack 15, -2 for distance: TN 13,  3d6 : 5, 6, 5, total 16

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2012, 08:42:32 PM »
The earth elemental finally manages to make it into the room.

Tenebarum: Ah, Child of Mother Earth!  You made it!

Earth: HP 24

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2012, 11:24:23 PM »
Two of the young witches cast a spell, but only one succeeds in congealing the earth that she forms, Suspiriorum feels the heavy weight of the bullet in her hands.

Meanwhile the comedian, Funnyman, shoots a punch from his chest, but the shot, much like him, goes wild.

As The cute child of earth ascends the staircase, filling up the door, Suspiriorum hears something else coming up behind (him/her/herm)(do earth elementals have preferred genders?  Is it polite to ask?).  Her ears perk up and she hears a sort of far off clanging, like someone pounding a thousand angelic hammers against an anvil, forging a sword worthy of a true hero, one worth writing songs about.

Or maybe that's the sound of Roland coming.  Either way, it seems like something's coming up the stairs.

Meanwhile, anyone within earshot can hear that Bomb Voyage's accent is slipping.  "NO NO NO!"  He yells, starting to throw a tantrum.  I Want to fight ROLAND!  He stomps his foot and pulls a bomb from thin air.  "WHERE IS ROLAND?!"  He flings the bomb straight at Suspiriorum, but Bomb Voyage seems to have been working on his curve ball, as it spins straight out of the path of Suspiriorum  just in time to break through the window behind her and blow up over the park below.

Now it is the turn of the three witches.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2012, 11:30:20 PM »
Tenebarum pouts, then returns to her normal smile.
Tenebarum: Let's try that again!
Suspiriorum: I'll go first, then.
Lachrymarum: Guide my shot...

Tenebarum Concentrates and casts Lv 1 Stone Missile, expending no FP.
Suspiriorum Steps forwards, and Attacks Bomb Voyage with her stone missile.
Lachrymarum takes Aim.

T: HP 6, FP 8  S: HP 6, FP 17  L: HP 6, FP 14

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2012, 11:31:31 PM »
Tenebarum casting against 15: 3d6 : 1, 3, 3, total 7

Suspiriorum attacking against 15: 3d6 : 4, 3, 2, total 9

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2012, 11:36:23 PM »
The bright red punching glove springs back into my chest, and the doors close with a neat snick.

Quote from: Internal Dialogue
Heh.  You missed.

Heh, yeah.  That's pretty funny.  You know what'd be really funny?  If I handed the reins over to you right now.

Don't you dare.

Have you been keeping track of time?  It could have been half an hour already!

Jackass.

Giggling at myself, I flex my chest again.  Sproing.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2012, 11:37:08 PM »
Innate attack 15, -2 for distance: TN 13,  3d6 : 5, 6, 3, total 14

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2012, 11:39:26 PM »
Grumbling at my continued inaccuracy, I step one yard closer as the glove sproings back into my chest.