Author Topic: High End OOC V-Beyond the Time Paradox  (Read 42173 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC V-Beyond the Time Paradox
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2019, 10:27:21 PM »
Math is all double-checked, Damarius and company is done except for 3,000 gp that I'm not sure what to spend on.  Can cohorts get flaws?  If so that isn't done too.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2019, 01:14:01 AM »
Math is all double-checked, Damarius and company is done except for 3,000 gp that I'm not sure what to spend on.  Can cohorts get flaws?  If so that isn't done too.

Yes, cohorts can get flaws (and even traits) too.

I'll do everything for them but gear, that should be simple enough.

Ugh, I just realized that I can't hit anything.  I turtled too much.  No easy way to add Cha to attack or ignore size penalties to attack so my ship is probably going to lose the shield to gain an attack bonus arsenal.

Leader should apply to me too, that would fix my numbers and let me take fun arsenal choices.   :P

There are three reasons that I would be in the area.
1) Somebody hired me.  I'd work for anyone that isn't explicitly evil or hiring me to destroy a planet or something.
2) I've heard that there might be good business.  With a ship this size and an army Damarius wouldn't just sit around waiting to be contacted.  Butting your way into jobs is good for business.
3) I heard that there was trouble and people might need help.  Damarius also knows that being a hero is good for business, reputations matter!  I think I remember something about lots of people disappearing but I haven't been paying close attention to the game because there's a lot of text.

I think option 3) would be best. Your fleet had heard of the current crisis in Ragol so came to orbit and then detected the space-time anomalies from the aether phantom's arrival and descended as fast as you could. You arrive now, a bit too late for the action but just in time for the big exposition. Sounds good? If yes, feel free to make your IC post right away in particular since I'll probably only be able to make Arodatam's big explanation in the weekend.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2019, 10:25:06 AM »
Sounds good.

I do want to bring up that my Leader bonus feels excessive so make sure you take another look at what bonuses I provide the party.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2019, 11:09:27 AM »
Okay, if I'm going to be butting into this would someone do me a favor and give me a basic description of where you are?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2019, 03:10:43 AM »
Okay, if I'm going to be butting into this would someone do me a favor and give me a basic description of where you are?

Relevant bits:

The local sun is setting in the horizon as you return to the Central Dome (still in ruins) area in Ragol. You see that Immortal Steel has set a base in the nearby jungle, a collection of metal hangars and turrets, all surrounded by an elegant garden using the local plants perfectly blending with the military strucutres, eerily reminescent of Katherine’s own work you’ve seen her do, but on a colder, more somber tone. You sense something else disturbing in the picture, and then you realize it's the lack of something, more in particular that while before you caught glimpses of the local wildlife, large alien beasts moving between the vegetation and exotic birds soaring the skies, their howls and songs echoing in the background, now there's nothing but the gentle harmonic swaying of plants due to the local breeze all around the Immortal Steel base.

(click to show/hide)

:"Anyways, we're not looking for a fight, just a meeting, face to face, with Arodatam, please."

:”… I’m coming out. Don’t try anything funny.”

Another of the hangars opens and a mecha flies out from it towards your position.

The cockpit opens, revealing Arodatam in her own nanoarmor inside, who also floats towards Katherine as the cables that were connecting her to the new mecha unplug one by one.

Plus a lot of missile and beam craters plus a really big semispherical hole that suggests something simply erased a part of the terrain with great precision.

Which reminds me, mind finding a pic for your captain so I can add their face to the replies? :p

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2019, 01:29:27 AM »
My cohort and I now have faces!

I didn't put faces on my officers because I figure they won't matter much.  If you decide that they need faces feel free to come up with some.  I picture Jean as pretty androgynous and have no idea what Haroon looks like except he's a nerd.

Without the Database feat can my Distinguished Officers still use Knowledge skills outside of combat?

If my into post misused some terminology just let me know and I'll fix it.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2019, 02:00:24 AM »
I just did the math and I have room for all of you plus the cohort ship with room to spare (on top of my cohort and followers).

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2019, 01:46:49 PM »
Is everybody in their mechas or just standing around outside or what?

Also I need to redo my cohort super robot upgrades, I took another look at him and even with regeneration he's way too swuishy, not enough damage mitigation.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2019, 01:54:14 PM »
Just standing around outside, since I about 30s ago absorbed a mecha.

Going with that "previously tried to recruit Amaterasu" thing?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2019, 02:58:08 PM »
Just standing around outside, since I about 30s ago absorbed a mecha.

Going with that "previously tried to recruit Amaterasu" thing?

I haven't even figured out what to say yet, too busy planning my exit from my gigantic ship.  :lol

That's what we discussed so I figured I'd stick with it, but feel free to post whatever and I'll follow your lead.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2019, 10:05:23 PM »
I made some more adjustments to myself and my cohort in case anyone is keeping track.

Os, I'm a bit confused about my own math so I want to double check something.  I have two Neo Skills that regain extra energy.  Do they stack with each other?  I don't have them stacking currently.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2019, 10:08:54 PM »
And I realised I have a hardpoint, so got an accessory.

... which thread/spoiler is Spacesense defined in? I thought mecha general properties but it's not there.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2019, 10:12:59 PM »

... which thread/spoiler is Spacesense defined in? I thought mecha general properties but it's not there.

I've seen it in some of the Arsenal descriptions (like the Arsenal V Radar).  Here's the text: detects creatures not standing on a solid inanimate object at least four size categories bigger than themselves.

Edit: If everyone stands on me only I'm detected.   :lmao

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2019, 12:48:10 AM »
Seems like I missed some questions here.

I do want to bring up that my Leader bonus feels excessive so make sure you take another look at what bonuses I provide the party.

Let's see how it goes for the next battle and if it's too much we can figure out what to nerf later.

Without the Database feat can my Distinguished Officers still use Knowledge skills outside of combat?
Well you can have them step out for a moment so they can use Knowledge whitout fear of them getting shot up. Also fine for the officers to be faceless for now.

If my into post misused some terminology just let me know and I'll fix it.
Got it, although part of this campaign's fun has been precisely coming up with new terminologies in the fly. :P

I made some more adjustments to myself and my cohort in case anyone is keeping track.

Os, I'm a bit confused about my own math so I want to double check something.  I have two Neo Skills that regain extra energy.  Do they stack with each other?  I don't have them stacking currently.

No stacking of the same type of ability.
Also feel free to tweak your character out of action, but when asked to roll something out I'll ask you to run with whatever you have ready.

The Arsenal  radars.

I've seen it in some of the Arsenal descriptions (like the Arsenal V Radar).  Here's the text: detects creatures not standing on a solid inanimate object at least four size categories bigger than themselves.

Edit: If everyone stands on me only I'm detected.   :lmao

Unironically intended.  :P

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2019, 01:00:43 AM »
Anyone who needs special senses to notice something that big may have some issues.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2019, 01:09:40 AM »
Remember, distance penalties to spot!  :D

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2019, 11:38:52 AM »
Remember, Colossal+++ has the same penalties as Colossal!

I thought about taking Nacht system just for fun but I have better uses for my hardpoints.

Ugh, I have too many feats that I want. Stupid Precise Shot being necessary for ranged attackers.

I might make some more adjustments but don't worry Os, I'm assuming that once I have to actually roll something that's when I'm stuck and don't get to make any more changes.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2019, 12:02:26 PM »
New question: Heaven-Sailing Dragon let's you gain Leader. I assume this is restricted by the normal amount of times that you can have Leader?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2019, 05:51:03 AM »
Yes, still follows normal feat caps.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2019, 12:26:03 PM »
I need some party input.  How are we doing for knowledge skills?  Have they come up?

I'm going to either A) replace one of my feats (probably Launcher Pad) with Database so that my officers can use their knowledge skills or B) not have knowledge skill based officers and they can just have a more regular skill-set.

It's the only feat I have that I feel willing to trade away for something else.