Author Topic: Dead Earth: A New Beginning  (Read 66562 times)

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Earth: A New Beginning
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 04:27:29 PM »
As Builder prowls the building for armor, Hudson pauses in mid step.
(click to show/hide)
Hudson face palms himself. How could he have forgotten? Silencers were illegal for police to use, and automatic weapons were a class 3 license. Only Swat teams would have anything of the sort! Surely this station had a swat team! Or at least a swat van that had weapons and equipment...

Builder combs the station but is unable to find any sort of body armor. About to give up he checks the last room on the bottom left. This is where the bodies were stored after deaths. There are four white cloths over bodies. Thomas and Cathy were two of those. His memories flash to him holding Bernard back as his son dies and he pushes the thoughts away. As he is about to give up his search he notices a black boot sticking out from one of the clothes. Tentatively he pulls the cloth back to reveal a dead police officer. The courageous man who had tried to hold out with Lily against Lee. Bless his heart. He was wearing body armor. For that matter, all the dead officers outside probably were.
(click to show/hide)

Builder walks back into the room and Brock nods. "Fuck yeah".

Lily turns from the window. "Guys...we have a problem, I think the noise last night attracted friends".

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 12:40:50 AM »
Chuck was the last to awaken.  Stretching to work the kinks out, he heads over to what has become a mess hall of sorts and grabs a bite to eat.  Halfway through the meal, however, he hears Lily's warning.  He makes a mental note to eat faster if he gets another meal.

Actions
(click to show/hide)
Status
(click to show/hide)
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

Offline Mystic Lemur

• I wanna be a fire truck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 06:23:37 PM »
"No worries. They're out there, we're in here. Let's finish packing up, and worry about how we're getting to the bus. Are we still taking the bus?" Builder asks, trying to put on a brave face for the other survivors.

Actions:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
"I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ Oh, I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ You better just leave me alone, or you're gonna have ta send me home/ Cause I'm about to whip somebody's ass" -Ray's Song

Offline shallowesoul

• the past is never dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 08:43:23 PM »
"well there aren't too many of them out there. if we can take them out quickly we may be able to get out before more show up." strapping on his holsters and slipping into his jacket, Hudson reaches around in his bag to find the grenades that he brought from the safe in his shop. "i suppose this would clear a few of them out fairly quick."

Actions
(click to show/hide)
Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 03:34:04 AM »
"Whoa, whoa", Brock says, raising his hands. "Everyone's talking about going somewhere. Just where are we going exactly"?

Offline maggieloo72

• Seek the truth and challenge the norm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 11:55:50 PM »
"West, I'd say.. to get away from the city first. And if everyone was evacuated to the North, maybe we oughtta go South. We've been exposed and would be considered a threat. Let's gather any food and equipment and load up quickly and quietly. Past time to get moving." She makes sure her colt is loaded and puts on her jacket, going to get the civilians, and says, "Decide who our driver will be--Not it." Lily grabs whatever quick snack she can and moves back to the front room, ready to go.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 03:20:54 PM »
Chuck returns to his breakfast.  Lily's comment about company had him ready for a fight already.  Strange how quickly you adapt to a necessary fight or flight condition.  This must be what soldiers experience during wartime.

In between bites he says, "What do we plan to do when we reach the quarantine?  The military is shooting everyone on sight.  Infected and survivor alike.  I don't agree with Viona's perspective in general, but as much as I hate to admit it getting the cure prototype from Parasol is our best bet.  At least it gives us a bargaining chip.  And if it works we can keep each other alive and maybe use it against the monsters out there.  I'm not saying it will be easy, but at least it gives us a chance."

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 09:49:07 PM »
while Chuck is speaking Hudson realizes he hasn't ate yet this morning and as if on queue his stomach begins to growl. with that Hudson grabs some food and begins to eat his breakfast to tame his hunger for the time being.

after finishing his meal Hudson speaks. "i believe that Brock is the better driver of us all so i think it would be best for him to drive... as for which path we take, i think Chuck has the better idea albeit more dangerous. plus i think going up against a homicidal computer is much better than taking a chance with the borders right away, at least not without something to guarantee our way through."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 06:20:26 PM by shallowesoul »

Offline maggieloo72

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 12:47:28 AM »
Considering the options and listening to their reason, Lily nods. They were right. It would be dangerous for the civilians, but it's the best protection they'll get right now. "Well, you make a good point... I'd rather try to fix this than just run and hide. That's not who we are. And I agree, even with the extra people, having the cure is worth it.. Alright then. We go to Parasol." She nods her head and takes a small, deep breath.  Looking to this near-stranger of a woman, Lily says, "Viona, would you lead the way for us?"

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 01:37:19 AM by maggieloo72 »

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 11:43:57 AM »
Finished with his meal, Chuck replies, "We'll have to clear the way through our unwanted guests outside first.  We should gather the supplies we can and get ready to go, leaving anything we can't easily carry."

Offline Mystic Lemur

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2011, 02:05:48 PM »
<Maybe there will be a secure area where the others can hole up while we explore the compound. Maybe>

Builder walks to the nearest window to observe the zombies, while he decides the best way to rough them up.

OOC:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
"I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ Oh, I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ You better just leave me alone, or you're gonna have ta send me home/ Cause I'm about to whip somebody's ass" -Ray's Song

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 12:18:59 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Viona's eyes widen as the party continues to suggest going for the prototype cure.

"You...you actually want to try for the prototype? Do you have any idea what awaits us in the Hive"? She shakes her head at the party. "And you want to bring along the civilians? They will only serve to slow us down. They cannot protect themselves. They will only be slaughtered or stand in the way like fools and get us slaughtered. No, it's ridiculous to think you can bring them along and protect them, it's pure nonsense, it's-".

"I'll stay with them".

Viona turned to look at Dr. Reagan. He stood firm, meeting her cold, hard blue eyes. "I'll stay with them and protect them". He turns to the party. "With all the supplies from the hospital we could hold out for awhile, at least until you can return for us. If you distract the Infected on the way out I'm sure they'll chase after you and perhaps they'll even forget they ever heard anything here, they don't appear to be too intelligent".

Viona sniffed, "They are not, but they are cunning when they hunt. The civilians are obviously useless fighters. Alone you could be overwhelmed by only a couple Infected".

Silence follows as everyone thinks on what was said and then suddenly Brock raises his voice. "I...I'll stay with him". Dr. Reagan starts in surprise.

Brock walks over to Builder and puts a hand out on the burly man's shoulder. "I'm sorry buddy...but I think I'm needed here more than with you. I watched your back for a while but now you have others you can trust to do that", he looks to the other party members and nods his approval. "Between me and the Doc we could hold off any smaller baddies that try to force their way through". He softly punches his brass knuckles into the palm of his other hand. "I'd love to see the monsters even try both of us". Dr. Reagan smiles and nods his thanks.

Soft laughter erupts from somewhere and the party looks to see Viona laughing softly behind the back of her hand. "You people", she giggles, "are absolutely foolish but admirable as well". She gains control of herself and with a deep breath nods. "If the civilians stay here and out the way, I will lead you to the Hive. I have no idea what we will encounter there and I am no fighter so I leave my well being in your hands. You will need my eyes and voice to enter the building, it has both retinal scanning and voice recognition software. Once we are actually inside the Hive I don't have much power. That is the Black Rook's home". She pauses. "But you are all right, the prototype may be our only hope. When you are ready, lead the way, just remember I must be protected. If any get too close I can use this". She hefts the small pistol. "But I do not have your skills Hudson or your strength Builder".

Offline Mystic Lemur

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 01:50:13 AM »
Builder claps Brock on the shoulder. "I understand... It's been real." he simply says, before moving to Reagan. As he shakes the doctor's hand he says, "If we don't come back by tomorrow night, either try to get out town, or find somewhere to hole up."

OOC:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 11:16:07 AM »
Hudson finishes his meal and looks to the doctor and Brock and says "well with Brock staying here i guess that makes me the driver. i hope you guys are still here when we get back. but if you have to leave, just leave a message for us telling where you went so we can come for you afterwards." Hudson then shakes hands with Brock and gives a salute to Dr. Reagan, he also waves to the civilians assuring them that they will return.

after a moment of silence Hudson looks towards the group and says "lemme know when you're all ready and ill head out there first to throw this grenade. hopefully they will be as slow as they are stupid."

Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 11:51:17 AM »
Chuck makes his way to Brock and Dr. Reagan, shaking each man's hand in turn.  He then does the same with each civilian.  He wasn't happy to leave them here, but he knew this was the right thing to do.  He respected them more for volunteering to do it.  The cure was their ticket out of here, and a smaller team should be able to get in and out easier than a large group.  Not that he considered the task at hand to be easy.

At Viona's mention of the retina and voice recognition security, something strikes Chuck and he pulls Builder aside for a moment out of earshot.

Builder
(click to show/hide)
Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mystic Lemur

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2011, 11:09:36 PM »
As Chuck talks, Builder looks at Brock with regret. <That's a damn shame. He was a tough sonofabitch. Doc wasn't half bad either. Hope the get outta this shit in one piece.> He then whispers to Chuck:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2011, 09:11:55 PM »
Dr. Reagan takes two medical kits and brings them to Chuck. "Here, just in case. You could use them". He glances sideways at Viona and lowers his voice, "She could probably use them really well if you trust her". His voice returns to it's normal volume. "You guys make sure to take a couple extra rations too. You may get stuck out there longer than you want to be".

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2011, 12:07:20 PM »
before they leave Hudson walks up to Dr. Reagan and hands him a copy of the key to his shop. "here, this is for my shop up the street. if you guys do leave you should go up there. it may be a little small compared to this but there's only one way in and there's plenty of weapons and ammo. oh and i also have some food there as well."

OOC
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:14:59 PM by shallowesoul »

Offline maggieloo72

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2011, 08:22:47 PM »
Lily also quickly makes her way around the people, looking them in the eyes so they know she means it when the group says they'll come back.  May these be protected, she thinks to some higher consciousness. She grasps Dr. Reagan's hand and thanks Brock and him for their bravery. It had only been yesterday that they met, but it was already easy to see they had good hearts. "Take care, you guys. I hope we see you again really soon. We'll do our best to find the cure and be back before too much can go wrong."

The former detective moves close to the exit while she listens and tries to see an outside path. Once the departing group was ready to go, Lily nods to Hudson to go first. Her gun readied, Lily hardens her heart for the oncoming wave of their post-death enemies, hoping to something that this plan will work.

(click to show/hide)

Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2011, 03:42:01 PM »
Lily takes a look out the window by the front door but the sunlight at this hour reflects off the city at odd angles and she sees only the silhouette of the Infected prying at the front door curiously. She steps back to wipe her watering eyes. She does however hear something. Gunshots again. Other people still out there, trying to survive. And another thing. A helicopter still in the air. Could it be the same one from last night?

Hudson-
(click to show/hide)