Author Topic: 4-armed Multiattack Ghoul? Natural Weapons Focus  (Read 1278 times)

Offline nalgarryn

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
4-armed Multiattack Ghoul? Natural Weapons Focus
« on: August 11, 2019, 12:27:02 AM »
Ok, so I'm having a little bit of trouble getting started on this one since I can't find a base race and a path to what I want. I'm limited to 3.5 edition books (but practically any of it) and possibly some 3.0 stuff or Dragon Magazine if I can make a persuasive argument. I need to keep it under ECL 4, or approximately LA+2 and 2 class levels. Or thereabouts.

I would like a character that is monstrous in that it has a crippling disability, and the Diet Dependency of the Gravetouched Ghoul (Libris Mortis p.104) got me thinking. I wanted to capitalize on its natural attacks by adding two more (extra arms) and attacking with 5 attacks at once (bite and 4xclaw, or bite, 2xclaw, 2xtentacle).

So I'm looking at Multiattack, preferably in some combination with Rend (multiple claw attacks), Pounce (combines with charge), or Rake (combines with Grapple)

One possibility I thought of was a construct in the shape of a Girallon (or similar) and apply the Incarnate Construct Template for the LA-2.
Someone suggestion that a Totemist could use the Girallon Arms soulmeld for an extra 2 arms, but that's incorrect, RAW is "blue-white fur that seems to enhance your arm and chest muscles" but doesn't say anything about adding extra arms.
On the other hand, the third level spell GIRALLON’S BLESSING (Spell Compendium p.106) does give extra arms. I don't really want something that could be dispelled, I'd rather it was a permanent part of the creature/character.
I know the LoM p.179 can get me tentacles (Deepspawn Feat).

The problem I have is the RAW for the Ghoul Template is, "A gravetouched ghoul retains all the attacks of the base creature and also gains a bite and two claw attacks if it didn’t already have them" (LM p.104) which means it only gets TWO claw attacks even if it has four arms (rules as written). That means I need at least 2 of the limbs of the creature to already have natural attacks and not simply be a 4-handed creature because then I need to develop Unarmed strike feats and abilities.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: 4-armed Multiattack Ghoul? Natural Weapons Focus
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 07:20:32 AM »
Feral Template is going to do what you want.

Offline nalgarryn

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: 4-armed Multiattack Ghoul? Natural Weapons Focus
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 05:49:33 PM »
Feral Template is going to do what you want.

Thanks!

Even better with the Half-Minotaur template from Dragon #313. (There is a Half-Ogre template there too, LA+1, but I think the Races of Destiny race supercedes it.)

Does anyone know if you can use a Gore attack and a Bite attack both as part of a Full Attack action? The Gore attack states "a half-minotaur often uses its gore attack as a secondary natural attack." If it were tentacles, I believe RAW would be no problem...