Author Topic: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards  (Read 167727 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards
« Reply #380 on: January 26, 2018, 02:18:29 PM »
I mean Kat doesn't have much to spend money on anyways -_-'

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 26, 2018, 02:28:03 PM »
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 09:29:25 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 26, 2018, 03:45:19 PM »
Generally speaking matter is supposed to be harder to wormhole through unaltered than wavelength emissions such as light and electricity, though arguably those are more prone to disruption by cosmic radiation.

...I think it was Schlock Mercenary that made a case for why it was supposed to be easier to intercept a spacebound teleporting missile than it was to receive an "INCOMING!" warning signal. If I remember correctly, it had to do with how you need to tear the information into millions of little pieces, reassemble and then descramble it upon receiving said information. (By comparison, if the missile is not teleported with all pieces in the right place, it explodes anyway.)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 26, 2018, 04:00:11 PM »
Careful with the real science stuff. :P
I do recall there was the cheaper phone options that work well within the local networks. 50 meseta, which is what most of us had acquired early on.
As for my Parum communication thing, I was referring to my Bassknot staff member going to Parum. I recall the trip was to be a few hours long.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 26, 2018, 04:35:14 PM »
That's not really a new idea through. It's actually used as an excuse why you can only send certain things through, like solids instead of biological materials. But in this case, all we need to do is send a proton at a certain speed and the campaign already offers ways to do that on top of the inherited tricks present within the core rules.

One great example would be a Crystal Ball, so for under 80k you can create a six inch circle to transmit light back and forth. It's just enough to squeeze almost twelve thousand jacketed fibers together, enough that at the current top rate of one petabyte per second you can transmit Earth's entire Internet in a second or two. Claiming it only works 0.05% of the time, and for only thirty minutes a day, still let's entire planets to sync up on a daily basis without even having to filter out useless junk.

If you're with a DM that just tiresomely bludgeons magic with banhammer pulled from a shitty place you can simply use something like the Mary Sue Androids. Just tape a bunch of their database computers together on a couple ships and let them shuttle it back and forth and you could still sync planets. You don't need to contact Prime 17's Amazon17 if you can search a copy of Amazon17's database locally and your order gets posted next sync.

Well catgirls die when we talk about real stuff so this is our chance to kill them before the mission.  :D

Plus D&D in space, and other fictional implications, is always a fascinating nerd thing to discuss. Why do you think people have been doing it for decades?

Edit - Osl decided to leave this one post and wipe the rest to reconstruct the narrative based on how he says went down. The problem with that is, as you can see, I'll gladly highlight it in red. This is because I don't need secrecy to fool you into something and I rather thank him for leaving this post and the actual moderators for seeing through it. Thanks to it I received a PM of the content he tried to wipe from the actual moderators (without the bbcode) and apparently he has been warned to never edit anyone's post ever again.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:08:14 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 26, 2018, 06:43:34 PM »
When you say D&D in space, it reminds me of He-man.

Or Elex, a game I've been getting into lately. Basically, modern world civilization was wrecked by a comet impact. Comet impact brought a new mineral that lets people do AMAZING THINGS. Three factions arise.

One faction uses it to recreate technology. They have mechs and lasers. They're also religious and sometimes literally brainwash people into joining them via Psionics.

One faction is its own Mad Max microcosm where people basically SMOKE those fantastic rocks. Oh, and the big guy behind this faction is rebuilding a nuke because why not, apparently.

And the third faction (the one you start closest to) is basically medieval science fiction Amish hippies, whom use mutated trees to "purify" the flow of energy from the space rock to bring back nature and literally throw everything technological they find in a huge scrap pile.

We now return to our regularly scheduled conversation.

Incidentally, we didn't kill any catgirls because I was talking about science fiction science, not hard science. I'm nowhere near nerdy enough to talk about real science.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #386 on: January 26, 2018, 08:16:23 PM »
One great example would be a Crystal Ball, you can see magical sensors with See Invisibility so for under 40k you can create a six inch circle to transmit light back and forth. It's just enough to squeeze almost twelve thousand jacketed fibers together, enough that at the current top rate of one petabyte per second you can transmit Earth's entire Internet in a second or two. Claiming it only works 0.05% of the time, and for only thirty minutes a day, still let's entire planets to sync up on a daily basis without even having to filter out useless junk.

Well catgirls die when we talk about real stuff so this is our chance to kill them before the mission.  :D

You aknowledged that you were warned, and yet you insisted in keeping up with your bullshit on how crystal balls should be weapons of mass destruction that fit inside anybody's pocket as lasers happen to be light too. Don't come back crying now.

In related news, if anyone wants to update their character sheets let me know and I'll edit them.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 26, 2018, 09:16:01 PM »
What? Did we just lose editing permissions in the char sheet thread?

Oh well, I only keep quick reference notes for combat there. They only update on level up.

OMG I just got why Mao is Mao to us instead of Min Yung. That Many As One title at the top of their character sheet  :lmao

I do recall there was the cheaper phone options that work well within the local networks. 50 meseta, which is what most of us had acquired early on.

Ah!! You're right, that was the one! Those local network "phones" are still an allowed thing, yeah?
Either way, I've never sent more than 1 message to some one at a time within a short time frame barring talking to Maia which doesn't count because I was usually just yelling at security cameras and fully expecting her to be watching me regardless  :rolleyes

@Oslecamo: You were against two or more different items being combined into a single item, even if bought not crafted (altho crafted is moot cause no custom items allowed~), right? Is it possible to buy a standard item but that fills a different slot than it usually does? Least as long as it still kinda fits with the slot affinity?
Cause I remembered I was kinda slightly interested in throwing my last 20k at a Belt of Lions, but as Boots instead. Considering most of its abilities, shoes of thems seem as good if not better a fit for such an item than a belt does -_-'.........
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 09:34:24 PM by ketaro »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 27, 2018, 05:12:05 AM »
Boots of Lions ok.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 27, 2018, 09:13:57 AM »
Speaking of, I probably need to correct Murakumo given my shift in levels...

Also, which skill would one use for psychological torture? I'm pretty sure Hugo should have max ranks in that.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: January 27, 2018, 09:19:43 AM »
Intimidate.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 27, 2018, 11:39:35 AM »
Did we ever rule out magic items that add to skills, or was that just the spells?

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 28, 2018, 12:11:03 AM »
I don't really recall either. As long as it's not something too cheesy it should be ok.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 28, 2018, 08:22:45 AM »
Nah, I'm just thinking this is something Hugo should be competent at, if not mildly infamous for.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 10:40:19 AM by Kuroimaken »

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 29, 2018, 07:03:41 AM »
So if nobody else says nothing in the contrary, I'll be skipping to the next relative morning and assume you're all flying together to Ragol.

It's been only what, over 3 real-life years since the last time you set foot there? :P
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:05:28 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 29, 2018, 07:55:24 AM »
Question: will that armour I ordered have been made by then? It is a big order... well, literally so. XD

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 29, 2018, 08:10:08 AM »
Yes, including any custom color/insignias you would like.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 29, 2018, 09:26:50 AM »
Kat should be good, too. Just putting on some new shoes~

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 29, 2018, 09:32:50 AM »
Can't really think of anything new for Hugo to do. I suck at managing equipment for my characters...

EDIT: If Mao has a toy line, does that mean Hugo has a doujin series?  :P
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 09:34:38 AM by Kuroimaken »

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 29, 2018, 09:46:43 AM »
Huzzah, iridescent armour! Though to be fair with metal that's probably one of the more sane options.