Author Topic: Arcane Pilot  (Read 4834 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Arcane Pilot
« on: September 14, 2012, 02:25:15 PM »
Arcane Pilot

"Shiro! Kuro! Go!"-Masaki Andoh, Arcane Pilot

Most mages saw their importance dwindle with the coming of mechas, but some manged to adapt.  Possessed by unknown forces, they crafted (some say they were actually called from an unknown time and space) machines blending magic and science that greatly amplify their arcane powers.  Standing inside their mystic machines, Arcane Pilot stands bring unique powers to the battles of mechas.

HD:6
Level BAB Fort Ref Will FeatureSorcerer LevelExtra Spells Known
1 +0 +0+0 +2 Super Robot,  Spells, Favored Spell +1, Spirited10
2+1 +0+0 +3 Bonus Feat21
3+1 +1+1 +3 Spirit32
4+2 +1 +1+4 Familiar42
5+2 +1 +1 +4 Bonus Feat53
6+3 +2+2+5 Favored Spell +2/+163
7+3 +2 +2 +5Arcane Feat74
8+4 +2 +2 +6  Spirit84
9+4  +3+3 +6 Bonus Feat95
10+5 +3+3 +7 Arcane Feat105
11+5 +3 +3+7 Spirit116
12+6 +4 +4+8 Favored Spell +3/+2/+1126
13+6 +4 +4 +8 Arcane Feat137
14+7 +4 +4 +9 Spirit147
15+7 +5 +5 +9 Bonus Feat158
16+8 +5 +5 +10 Arcane Feat168
17+8 +5 +5+10 Spirit179
18+9 +6+6 +11 Favored Spell +4/+3/+2/+1189
19 +9 +6 +6 +11 Arcane Feat1910
20+10 +6 +6 +12 Bonus Feat2011

2 Skill points+int per level, ×4 at 1st level. Class skills: Bluff, Concentration, Climb, Diplomacy, Jump, Hide, Move Silently, Spot, Listen, Appraise, Intimidate, Knowledge(any), Perform, Sense Motive, Spellcraft.

Proficiencies: A Arcane Robot Pilot is proficient with simple weapons and mechas.

Features:
Arcane Robot: The arcane pilot comes in possession of a powerful mecha by fate or luck (the details of which should be discussed with the DM), which, at 1st level grants him access to a basic super robot. If the super robot is reduced to 0 HP the Arcane Pilot will have to undergo some redeeming quest to make it rises again from its wrecks. If the Arcane Pilot is at least 4th level,  his Arcane Robot can rise itself right after 10 minutes of its pilot crying and shouting, but it will be three levels lower than he would normally have acess to while on his redeeming quest (including arsenal options).

The super robot grows in power together with the super pilot as he gains levels. More details on the Super Robot chart.
Arcane Robots are picked from the Super Robot list, except those models are fitted with special runes  to channel arcane magic, and thus have half Arsenal space and Hardpoints (rounded up), plus actually have to sacrifice armor, ending up with 3/5 HP, Energy, Nat armor and DR of “regular” versions (minimum -1 at each of those stats). However scrolls and wands can be “loaded” into the limbs of the robot for use during action.

Arcane Pilot levels stack with Super Pilot levels for determining your Super Robot level. He can choose to swap for a Super Robot with "full" arsenal space, HP, energy and DR, in which case it can't channel spells, but still allows for other benefits of being a caster like qualifying for Funnels. He can swap between both modes with 8 hours of tinkering. He counts as a Super Pilot for multiclassing with other classes otherwise.

The Arcane Pilot gains Access to Arsenal options at the same rate as a normal Super Pilot. So tier I at level 4, then a tier higher at levels 7, 10, 13, 16, 19.

Spells: The Arcane Pilot gains spell slots and CL as a sorceror of the level presented on the table. Charisma is his main casting stat. For spells known, the Arcane pilot automatically knows the following spells

(click to show/hide)

For each Arcane Pilot level he may swap one of the above spells for one of the Arcane Mecha Magic spell list, provided they're of the same level, plus they learn a number of extra spells from the wizard/sorcerer spell list as shown on the table. In addition when learning a new spell this way, they may pick from Arcane Mecha Magic spells too, provided they're of a valid level. He has to pick spells of a level she can cast. In addition if he casts the spells while inside his mecha, he can channel trough them trough her mecha's limbs, and any ranges/areas are increased at the rate of 1ft->1 mu.
Spells channeled from inside your mecha always have a chance of affecting another mecha, even if they're bigger.

Your personal arcane robot automatically knows all extra spells that you do. If you're piloting another person's arcane robot (either borrowed or stolen), you can use any spells that arcane robot knows without you knowing them yourself, but you use the arcane robot's level instead of your own level for the purposes of CL.

Favored Spell: At 1st level, pick one of your known spells. That spell has a CL of 1 higher than normal whenever you use it. At 6th level and every 6 levels thereafter, you gain another favored spell, and increases the bonus to your existing favored spells by 1.

You may change your favored spell whenever you gain another level in Arcane Pilot.

Spirited:Each level of Arane Pilot increases the maximum number of spirit points of the character by 6. In addition the character learns one spirit, and whenever "Spirit" appears on the table he learns one more.

Spirits can be used as a free action at the beginning of your turn by paying their cost in spirit points (before you take any other action). You recover 5 spirit points per round up to your maximum. You can use multiple spirits in a turn, but only once each kind of spirit. Spirits that trigger in a condition, such as valor and alert, last 1 minute and are lost if not triggered by the end of the duration.

Spirit List

Bonus Feat:Whenever this ability shows up, the Arcane Pilot gains a feat from the list of pilot feats.

Familiar:At 4th level the Arcane Pilot can summon a familiar as a sorceror/wizard. If he does so, his Arcane Robot will develop a special combat pod that can be piloted by the familiar. It has all the properties of the "parent" super robot, except
-Half max HP and 1/5 max energy.
-Only one natural weapon, however it can be shot with a range of 25 feet plus 5 feet per 2 CL, dealing untyped damage. Don't add or substract any stat mod to the damage in this case, and they ignore DR.
-Two size category smaller than the "parent" HP. Don't change ability scores, natural armor or natural weapon damage.

They can deployed in adjacent squares to the Arcane Robot as a swift action. The Arcane Robot can recall any number of them inside itself as an immediate action should they be in danger. They cannot be attacked trough any means while inside the Arcane Robot (but can't take actions either), and eject togheter with the escape pod should it be removed. The familiar counts as adjacent to the Arcane Pilot while inside the combat pods, except for Relationship feats.

Arcane Feat:At the presented levels the Arcane Pilot gains a feat from the following list-Spell Focus, Greater Spell Focus, Spell Penetration, Greater Spell penetration, any magic item crafting feat. He has to meet any prerequisites for those feats. In alternative you may choose to gain an additional familiar. If the Arcane Pilot has more than one familiar, he only takes penalties for their death if they all die and only the same penalty as a single familiar died. As long as one survives, the remaining may be brought back to life as a 24 free hour ritual.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:52:32 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Pilot
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 03:21:12 PM »
The Arcane robot description says it has been configured to channel divine magic.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 07:01:23 PM »
Fixed.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 08:59:10 PM »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 05:03:57 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 01:59:52 AM »
Reserved.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 11:32:54 PM »
On Zondeel that last descriptive sentence before the casting time benefits is wonky.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 12:05:37 AM »
Should be more clear now.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 08:53:43 AM »
Blar Dragon's has no duration on Amphibious.
Foie System's abilities don't all target held ranged weapon.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 03:41:07 AM »
Both should be fixed now.