Author Topic: Statting RWBY  (Read 15255 times)

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
Statting RWBY
« on: September 07, 2013, 03:51:01 PM »
Ruby Rose
"Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest."
Strongheart halflingFRCS Fighter (ExoticistDr310, Hit-and-RunDotU) 1/Cleric (Travel Devotion, War) 1/WarbladeToB 5/Exotic Weapon MasterCW 1/Warblade +12
Exotic Weapon Stunts: Uncanny Blow
Proficiencies (exoticist): Kaortic resin weapons, bladed crossbows(?), ?, ?
Feats: 1: Dead EyeDrComp, 3: Crossbow SniperPHB2, 6: Rapid Reload (heavy crossbow), 9: Rapid Shot, 12: Power Attack, 15: Leap AttackCAdv, 18: ?
Bonus Feats (cleric): Travel DevotionCC, Weapon Focus (bladed crossbow)
Bonus Feats (fighter): Weapon Finesse
Bonus Feats (warblade): Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, ?, ?
Bonus Feats (strongheart halfling): Point Blank Shot
Maneuvers (warblade)
Diamond Mind: Bounding Assault, Diamond Nightmare Blade, Moment of Alacrity, Stance of Alacrity (stance)
Iron Heart: Absolute Steel (stance), Adamantine Hurricane, Dancing Blade Form (stance), Finishing Move, Iron Heart Focus, Mithral Tornado, Wall of Blades
Stone Dragon: Ancient Mountain Hammer
Tiger Claw: Feral Death Blow, Pouncing Charge, Swooping Dragon Strike
White Raven: Bolstering Voice (stance)
Equipment: Crescent Rose (kaortic resin feycraftDMG2 self-loadingA&EG bladed crossbow, with the enchantments of a halberd of vaultingA&EG), Gnome crossbow sightA&EG (attached to Crescent Rose), Greater demolition weapon crystalMIC (attached to Crescent Rose), Boots of agile leapingMIC/Boots of swift passageMIC, Cloak of minor displacement

The bladed crossbow has different rules between A&EG and MIC. The 3.0 version is a +2 heavy crossbow that can be used to make melee attacks (1d8 20/x2) if the wielder has an Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat, while the 3.5 version functions as a +1 heavy crossbow and a +1 battleaxe. It's ambiguous whether the 3.5 version is enchanted as a single or double weapon.
EDIT: Dragon #349 features a third bladed crossbow - a simple weapon that functions as a light crossbow/dagger double weapon - as well as the elvencraft bow, yuan-ti serpent bow and steel crossbow which function similarly.
The halberd of vaulting is a crazy weapon that grants +30 Jump and lets you make a "vaulting charge" for double damage if you have enough room.
Self-loading crossbow is a +1 heavy crossbow (+10,000gp cost) that reduces its loading time by one step, stacking with Rapid Reload.

Ruby relies more on well-timed recoils to swing her weapon rather than muscle. Well... Crossbow Sniper, Dead Eye and Point Blank Shot grant their bonuses based on the weapon used, whether or not it's used to make a ranged attack. Combine that with Uncanny Blow, and Ruby gets to add 2.5x her Dex modifier to melee damage in place of Strength (or 3.5x vs flat-footed enemies).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 01:07:20 PM by Prime32 »

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Statting RWBY
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 04:00:40 PM »
Weiss Schnee
"White is cold and always yearning, burdened by a royal test."
Silverbrow humanDM DuskbladePHB2 11/Swiftblade 9
Feats: 1: Dodge, 3: Mobility, 6: Knowledge DevotionCC, 9: Arcane StrikeCW, 12: Practiced Spellcaster (duskblade), 15: Mobile SpellcastingCAdv, 18: ?
Bonus feats (human): Weapon Finesse
Bonus feats (duskblade): Combat Casting
Bonus feats (swiftblade): Spring Attack, Bounding AssaultPHB2
Spells (duskblade)
1st: Bigby's tripping hand, Blade of blood, Chill touch, Stand, True strike
2nd: Deflect, Dimension hop, Scorching ray, Spider climb, Swift fly
3rd: Dispelling touch, Energy surge, HasteB, Halt, Vampiric touch
4th: Air walkB, Wall of iceB
5th: Hold monster, Sonic shield
?
Equipment: Myrtenaster (Ice talonA&EG bloodstoneMIC rapier), Weapon crystal of arcane steelMIC (attached to Myrtenaster), Boots of skatingXPH, Bracers of the entangling blastMIC, Drake-HelmEH (air walk, haste, wall of ice, ? inserted)

Ice Talon is a +2 frost weapon that grants endure elements vs cold and lets the user move through ice and snow unhindered.
The Drake-Helm is an item from the Explorer's Handbook that can grant a spontaneous caster extra spells known, by inserting specially attuned Dust crystals dragonshards.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 10:03:06 AM by Prime32 »

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »
Blake Belladonna
"Black the beast descends from shadows."
Wildhunt shifterECS WarbladeToB 1/SwordsageToB 4/Bloodstorm bladeToB 10/Shiba protectorOA 1/Swordsage +4
Feats: 1: Shield Specialization (heavy)PHB2, 3: Alertness, 6: Improved Shield Bash, 9: Agile Shield FighterPHB2, 12: Combat Expertise, 15: Battleshifter TrainingRoE, 18: DarkstalkerLoM
Bonus Feats (bloodstorm blade): 8: Shield WardPHB2, 11: Block ArrowHoB, 14: Inlindl SchoolDotU
Bonus Feats (flaws): Exotic Weapon Proficiency (spear spikard), Rapid Reload (light crossbow)
Bonus Feats (otyugh hole): Iron Will
Flaws: Code of ArmsDr324, Shaky
Maneuvers (swordsage): Assassin's Stance (stance), Hearing the Air (stance), ? (stance), Dancing Mongoose, Death in the Dark, Desert Tempest, Hamstring Attack, Leaping Flame, Mirrored Pursuit, Pouncing Charge, Quicksilver Motion, Shadow Blink, Shadow Stride, Swooping Dragon Strike, Wolf Climbs the Mountain, ?
Maneuvers (warblade): Absolute Steel (stance), Lightning Recovery, Mithral Tornado, Wall of Blades
Equipment: Gambol Shroud (+X spear spikardMoE), +X heavy razored shieldUnd w/ shield sheathRoS, Armor crystal of arrow deflectionMIC (attached to shield), Otyugh holeCS, Ring of evasion

The spear spikard is essentially a shortspear with a light crossbow built into it; if you have the EWP then on a hit you can fire the crossbow to double the weapon's base damage.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 06:04:53 PM by Prime32 »

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 04:01:32 PM »
Yang Xiao Long
"Yellow beauty burns gold."
Desert dwarfUA Barbarian (city brawlerDr349, lion totemCC, whirling frenzyUA) 1/Sorcerer (dwarf RSLRoS) 1/CrusaderToB 8/DeepwardenRoS 2/Fist of the ForestCC 3/Flamerager 5
Feats: 1: Power Attack, 3: Blazing BerserkerSand, 6: Endurance, 9: Superior Unarmed StrikeToB, 12: Extra SmitingCW, 15: Awesome SmiteCC, 18: ?
Bonus Feats (barbarian): Improved Unarmed Strike, Two-Weapon Fighting
Bonus Feats (deepwarden): Track
Bonus Feats (sorcerer): Alertness
Bonus Feats (items): Great Fortitude, Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Natural Attack (unarmed strike), (Improved) Two-Weapon Fighting
Maneuvers (crusader):
Spells (sorcerer): Blades of fireSpC, Feather fall, Launch boltSpC, Light, Sonic snapSpC, Touch of fatigue
Equipment: Ember Celica (+X impactMIC flaming burst hideawayMIC gauntlets/Gloves of the Balanced HandMIC/Bracers of armor/+6 Str w/ wand chambers), Belt of enduranceA&EG, Fanged RingDM, Wands of blood windSpC and greater mighty wallopRotD (in wand chambers)

Your unarmed strike damage ends up at 4d8, or more while raging or using greater mighty wallop. Flamerager is a variant of the FrostragerFrost PrC (using Blazing Berserker instead of Frozen Berserker). Replace the Deepwarden's Track feat with Urban Tracking if possible.

I considered Spring-loaded gauntletsA&EG, but they're kind of wimpy and get in the way of hand-to-hand bonuses. Instead blood wind lets her make unarmed strikes at range.

Consider also the Firestorm Berserker PrC from Dragon #314.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:19:52 AM by Prime32 »

Offline ImperatorK

• Legendary Member
  • Chara did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
    • Kristof Imperator YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 05:20:14 PM »
Ruby isn't that short...
Magic is for weaklings.

Alucard: "*snif snif* Huh? Suddenly it reeks of hypocrisy in here. Oh, if it isn't the Catholic Church. And what's this? No little Timmy glued to your crotch. Progress!"
My YT channel - LoL gameplay

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »
I'm assuming her maneuvers are predominantly Tiger Claw?
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 06:14:40 PM »
Got Weiss's build up, but still have a few spells known to fill out. Her options could be expanded with the Arcane Disciple feat, but those spells are 1/day and Wis-based (so nothing involving a save). Then there's the Drake-Helm, which can add almost anything. So if you can think of any spells that fit her fighting style...

I'm assuming her maneuvers are predominantly Tiger Claw?
With some Iron Heart for cleaving through multiple enemies, etc.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 06:39:11 PM »
Nothing to do with setting a large swathe of forest on fire with a miss?

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 09:16:06 AM »
Scorching ray. And Blake is up.

Offline ImperatorK

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 09:31:43 AM »
Dunno if you missed my post, or thought it's just a joke, so let me try again:
Um... why halfling?
Magic is for weaklings.

Alucard: "*snif snif* Huh? Suddenly it reeks of hypocrisy in here. Oh, if it isn't the Catholic Church. And what's this? No little Timmy glued to your crotch. Progress!"

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 09:44:01 AM »
Um... why halfling?

I was wondering this too, its not like she is significantly shorter than the rest of the cast.

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 09:46:43 AM »
Um... why halfling?
Halflings are kawaii. Ruby is kawaii. Q.E.D.
Switching the race for human doesn't change much anyway.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 09:51:49 AM by Prime32 »

Offline ImperatorK

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 09:53:02 AM »
Be honest, you chose halfling for the mechanical benefits, you dirty powergamer you. :eh
Magic is for weaklings.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 09:57:28 AM »

That is Kawaii? :psyduck

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 11:48:46 AM »

Offline ImperatorK

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 12:03:31 PM »
Yup.
And now Yang is a dwarf? You projecting some fetishes or what? :p

Okay, okay, I'm done trolling. Keep on the good work.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:08:28 PM by ImperatorK »
Magic is for weaklings.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 01:09:29 PM »
I love you for this.

Thank you.

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 12:57:55 PM »
I suggest you to incorporate a Rod of Ropes from Complete Scoundrel into Blake's weapon.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:01:40 PM by Risada »

Offline Swaoeaeieu

• Lurker
  • Can't seem to focus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 06:37:20 PM »
First of: This is awsome, thanks for doing this.
Second: this is a very late reply and i am sorry for that, but i have some questions.

Why does ruby get weapon finesse? heavy crossbows are light weapons but not simple weapons. weapon finesse only works with simple weapons right?

Dragon magazine 321 also has something called the hilt gun. put that in a sword and it might be a better fit for Gambol Shroud then a spear spikard.

Just my thought on this wonderfull project, also my first post on the forum. So yay for that

Offline ImperatorK

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 07:02:20 PM »
heavy crossbows are light weapons but not simple weapons. weapon finesse only works with simple weapons right?
Um, that's a negative on all three accounts. Heavy crossbows aren't light weapons (or at least that's what I think, there may not be an official answer), as the name should have indicated. They are simple weapons. And Weapon Finesse works for light and finesse-able weapons, which isn't really relevant, because ranged weapons already use Dex.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:06:05 PM by ImperatorK »
Magic is for weaklings.