Author Topic: The Artifact Crown [D&D 3.5] 10th level gestalt campaign Interest Check.  (Read 31610 times)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Looking for players for a campaign that I would DM here, details below. Anybody interested feel free to post with questions/suggestions.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 11:14:37 PM by oslecamo »

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
Re: The Artifact Crown [D&D 3.5] 10th level gestalt campaign Interest Check.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 11:43:30 AM »
Yo, can I get in on this >.>

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 11:16:39 PM »
Would this be one of your crazy high op games or something more normal?

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 12:58:37 AM »
*raises hand*

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 08:45:59 AM »
Yo, can I get in on this >.>

Of course.

Would this be one of your crazy high op games or something more normal?

Good question, and now that you ask it personally I would rather players "don't go crazy high op" with their character's power levels this time for a change.

Although "more normal" can be a bit hard to define in D&D, even more in gestalt.

So, how about we define it here by the character's ability to take on a bunch of monster encounters:

A Fire Giant.
A Young Blue Dragon.
A Bebilith.
A Vrock.
A pair of Mind Flayers.
An evil 10th level cleric with a big pile of 1HD human skeletons tagging along.
6 Trolls.
A lot of Shadows.

If you can't reliably defeat at least half of those opponents, then you're too weak, polish your character a bit more.
If however you could double the number of enemies in any of those encounters and you would still reliably solo over half of them, then you're too strong, scale back a bit.
So players should aim for something in between. It should be fine if you have one or other huge huge numbers or immunity, just don't try to have all the immunities and all massive saves and AC, don't try to cheese all the spells at the tip of your hands, etc.

Does that sound good for "more normal"?

*raises hand*
Would be good to have you too.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 09:20:14 AM »
Sure, sounds good.

So what do the PCs actually do? There is a lot of racial and political tension brewing in that fluff.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 09:24:58 AM »
Sounds good to me, I just have issues coming up with the high numbers that some of your other games have ended up requiring.

I'm interested, I'll ponder some options and throw some homebrew at you for approval.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 10:09:33 AM »
Sure, sounds good.

So what do the PCs actually do? There is a lot of racial and political tension brewing in that fluff.

Basically the party would pick one of the main factions to work with as champions/mercenaries and seek to advance their main agendas:
-Democracy, Empire and Sultanate are each leading an army so they need the party to act as scouts and vanguard, clearing wandering monsters and fending off the efforts of the other faction's champions. Empire has the subplot of anti-Bonnie vampires which the party could either support or seek to stop.
-Kingdom is playing a defensive game, party helps with keeping the invaders at bay by whatever means necessary while supporting the population until the Kingdom can get their stuff back in order.
- Einheim and Orujab don't really care who gets the artifact crown, as long as they get an exclusivity contract for their respective magitech trains to run through the Kingdom. Party goes around playing the sides against each other to make sure they're all in your debt and that whoever ends up as the new ruler will owe you.
-Bonnie's more of a wildcard, for now all that's known is that she wants eyes and ears in the kingdom to know what's happening. Probably would love seeing a vampire rise to legitimate power, or at least somebody friendly to vampires. More freedom of choice for the party, Bonnie's reputation would also make it easier to try to talk things out with the other factions (except the Empire as long as the anti-Bonnie subplot is active), but in the other hand the party would get the least support and be mostly on their own whereas each of the other factions can offer services like transportation and easier access to selling/buying certain items and free buffs and healthcare and whatnot.

Switching factions mid-campaign would be a possibility, but then whoever you were working for would hold a big grudge.

Sounds good to me, I just have issues coming up with the high numbers that some of your other games have ended up requiring.
Fair enough. :P

I'm interested, I'll ponder some options and throw some homebrew at you for approval.
Great! :D

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 11:00:46 AM »
Lol, which reputation, being neutral or being a goddess.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 11:25:38 AM »

I feel ya. I'm always at the bottom of the char op totem pole in his games, haha. I just like making fun but weird builds and don't think about the numbers until the very end.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 11:28:35 AM »

I feel ya. I'm always at the bottom of the char op totem pole in his games, haha. I just like making fun but weird builds and don't think about the numbers until the very end.

Going that route would probably make me feel better about making my character but I would live in constant terror, haha.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 12:08:22 PM »
Okay Os, here is a list of homebrew that I'm considering.

Ætherforge

Berserker

Gambler

There might be more requests later, I just went through my list of stuff that I haven't played but want to. I don't have a theme in mind yet

Also, my character's name will start with the letter O because apparently that is the only letter I haven't started a name with in games on this board.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 02:04:57 PM »
Basically the party would pick one of the main factions to work with as champions/mercenaries and seek to advance their main agendas:
It would probably be a good idea then to start with the faction the characters are working for first, rather than to end up with a ragtag band of miscellanous misfits and raggamuffins drifting into 20 different directions within the first three posts.

Einheim/Orujab would probably end up with me sneaking Atlas Shrugged references in, and nobody wants that.

Would be fine with all the other options (Kingdom, the three invader nations or the vampire tart).

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2019, 02:08:25 PM »
Referring to bonnie as a tart makes me want to play that side  :p

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 02:32:30 PM »
Personally I want to side with Bonnie cause yea, my character is kinda a "cleric" under her.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 02:45:33 PM »
I was already thinking of playing a nonangelic angel too

Offline Vladeshi

• Feel free to ignore me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2019, 06:15:24 PM »
It looks like you already have four players, but I would like to just put my name out there for any parallel party or if someone drops out.
Because this gives me an excuse to finally play a Kasha using Corpse Voyage.
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2019, 06:20:18 PM »
I got here late and seriously out of my depth but throwing my hat in if for whatever reason you need an extra playa.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2019, 08:59:38 PM »
I think that makes six players so far, so if you want to run a parallel campaign with extra players, I'm up for that. I'll need to reread the fluff at not-2AM, though. But I have been wanting to really exercise what a Vampire->Vampire Lord + Lunatic Lancer could do... and since I last tried that, Mythical Maid has become a thing... :D

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2019, 09:33:45 PM »
Lol, which reputation, being neutral or being a goddess.

Both. :p

Okay Os, here is a list of homebrew that I'm considering.

Ætherforge

Berserker

Gambler

There might be more requests later, I just went through my list of stuff that I haven't played but want to. I don't have a theme in mind yet

Also, my character's name will start with the letter O because apparently that is the only letter I haven't started a name with in games on this board.

All of those classes are ok and of course I approve of character names starting with O. :P

It would probably be a good idea then to start with the faction the characters are working for first, rather than to end up with a ragtag band of miscellanous misfits and raggamuffins drifting into 20 different directions within the first three posts.

Einheim/Orujab would probably end up with me sneaking Atlas Shrugged references in, and nobody wants that.

Would be fine with all the other options (Kingdom, the three invader nations or the vampire tart).
Heh, the Phantasy Star campaign had the party splitting and each going after their own personal objective more often than not but somehow managed to last pretty long.

I was already thinking of playing a nonangelic angel too
Whot? :psyduck

It looks like you already have four players, but I would like to just put my name out there for any parallel party or if someone drops out.
Because this gives me an excuse to finally play a Kasha using Corpse Voyage.
I got here late and seriously out of my depth but throwing my hat in if for whatever reason you need an extra playa.
I think that makes six players so far, so if you want to run a parallel campaign with extra players, I'm up for that. I'll need to reread the fluff at not-2AM, though. But I have been wanting to really exercise what a Vampire->Vampire Lord + Lunatic Lancer could do... and since I last tried that, Mythical Maid has become a thing... :D

Nice, nice, lots of interest around. Speaking of which, YuweaCurtis being helping developing the fluff (Bonnie and the vampire politics in particular were their ideas to start with), so they would like to have a character in each party if there's enough people, thus seven players would be enough to make two parties of four. Party of 5 wouldn't be much of a stretch so that leaves a couple extra slots if somebody else shows up.

Updated first post with interested players and their preferences so far. If you would like to pair up with a specific person, do point it out.