Author Topic: Campaign Thread V: Boobies in the Basement Make up for an Otherwise Dull Day  (Read 222461 times)

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Thread V: Boobies in the Basement Make up for an Otherwise Dull Day
« Reply #220 on: December 16, 2011, 02:22:56 AM »
Zach will politely excuse himself to find the others, asking that Bob meet them by the new guildhouse whenever he's free. He runs back to the guildhouse, hoping that someone will still be there. He finds himself inexplicably angry. "Eleven...." he mutters, under his breath.

Your new digs are leaking poison fog and surrounded by dwarves in the feudal equivalent of hazmat suits.

Theyre sweeping up about 4 tons of dead spiders
"Well, everything looks to be in order.

Excuse me!"
He tries to hail one of the hazmat dwarves shoveling corpses without approaching the domicile too closely. "Any idea where the other guildsmen living here went before..... well alright, probably after you killed the spiders?"

« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 05:27:51 PM by bhu »
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Thread V: Boobies in the Basement Make up for an Otherwise Dull Day
« Reply #221 on: December 16, 2011, 08:17:37 AM »
"WHEN WERE YOU THROWING ACID?"
"Whaaa? Who said anything about acid? I said 'and such'. Pointy things and such."

Bluff = d20 + 11
Rolled 1d20+11 : 5 + 11, total 16
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline radmelon

• Ashbless ftw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 16, 2011, 10:06:03 AM »
Teo seems to be less-than-concious. Damn ale.  :rolleyes

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 16, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
Zach will politely excuse himself to find the others, asking that Bob meet them by the new guildhouse whenever he's free. He runs back to the guildhouse, hoping that someone will still be there. He finds himself inexplicably angry. "Eleven...." he mutters, under his breath.

Your new digs are leaking poison fog and surrounded by dwarves in the feudal equivalent of hazmat suits.

Theyre sweeping up about 4 tons of dead spiders
"Well, everything looks to be in order.

Excuse me!"
He tries to hail one of the hazmat dwarves shoveling corpses without approaching the domicile too closely. "Any idea where the other guildsmen living here went before..... well alright, probably after you killed the spiders?"

"Yeah we recommended a local restaurant they could hang out at. "

They give you the address as a coughing spider rears up and vows revenge in a squeaky voice before expiring.  Revenge for his 11 siblings.  Damn spiders...

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 16, 2011, 05:30:18 PM »
"WHEN WERE YOU THROWING ACID?"
"Whaaa? Who said anything about acid? I said 'and such'. Pointy things and such."

Bluff = d20 + 11
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+11 : 5 + 11, total 16

"Well don't throw no and such neither.  Here's yer special hot dwarf ale.  On da house if you give us a good review."  :D

It tastes like boiled leather and fire.  Your guess it's 50% alcohol at least.  And yet it somehow seems to taste better warm, or at least you assume since you haven't had it cold.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 16, 2011, 09:25:11 PM »
"Well don't throw no and such neither.  Here's yer special hot dwarf ale.  On da house if you give us a good review."  :D

It tastes like boiled leather and fire.  Your guess it's 50% alcohol at least.  And yet it somehow seems to taste better warm, or at least you assume since you haven't had it cold.
"This is amazing! It tastes like boiled leather and fire! What's your secret?

Yeah, I'll tell people I like it."

Mustave stops with one before he kills himself.

"*cough* Do you have any bread?"

My creations

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 17, 2011, 12:32:25 AM »
"Hmmm....we were going for a sort of beefy charcoal taste...we'll have to adjust teh recipe a lil."

*hugs* "thanks."

"We got hard tack biscuits on sale, rye, sourdough, and grill bread."

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2011, 05:14:52 AM »
"Yeah we recommended a local restaurant they could hang out at. "

They give you the address as a coughing spider rears up and vows revenge in a squeaky voice before expiring.  Revenge for his 11 siblings.  Damn spiders...
Zach twitches, cursing out "exterminate..." before smiling and thanking the dwarves, complimenting their efforts, and dashing off to the restaurant.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2011, 05:30:18 AM »
Those of you at the restaurant not amuse by the dryads antics notice a hurried Zach arrive.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2011, 06:42:23 AM »
"'Sup, Zach? Wanna try some fire-leather ale? It's free if you tell people you like it."
My creations

Offline Monotremeancer

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 17, 2011, 12:24:38 PM »
The mutton is quite good as well. How did your quest go?
I'm what's staring back from the abyss.
How come you guys never wave?

Please send me a PM if you give me kudos. I'm interested in what I'm doing right.

Offline radmelon

• Ashbless ftw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 17, 2011, 12:33:25 PM »
"And they havsh alel. Lotsh of it."

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2011, 02:16:58 AM »
"Almost stopped short, then started again. We were planning on diving into the sewers when a deputy stopped us. For some reason, he thought we looked suspicious climbing into a sewer grate...

Anyways, we're getting Nervous Bob to guide us down there. There will be Wraiths, which is fun because I haven't killed one of them yet. I came hoping you'd all want to come down again to clear this out faster; we'll be meeting at the now thoroughly gassed guild-house once Bob is ready.

...... Maybe some later, Mustave, if the sewers are as I remember them. How've you all been?"

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 19, 2011, 03:55:44 AM »
Your new Dryad companion says they've been having a great time.  Then sucks a watermelon dry via fangs, hands the husk to a waiter and says 'burn this'.  Everyone seems to be taking it pretty much in stride...

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 19, 2011, 07:28:00 AM »
@Zach

"If he doesn't burn it, I get in trouble for throwing knives. Like that makes any sense.

What about sewer wraiths?"
My creations

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 19, 2011, 08:46:52 AM »
"Is this an official invitation to perform work for the Guild? If so, I formally accept! If not, I shall wait for the opportunity to prove myself worthy of joining your institution."

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 19, 2011, 11:03:31 PM »
"I like you, metal-man! I would be glad if you could accompany us.

"Apparently wraiths infest the sewers. I only vaguely understand them, but we've killed many odd things, so I have a good deal of falsely-earned confidence."

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 20, 2011, 08:23:01 AM »
@Zach

"So, are we returning to the sewers when the deputies aren't looking, or something?"
My creations

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 20, 2011, 11:21:37 AM »
"Please, call me Bigsley. I think I may be able to help quite well with this wraith situation. You see, they cannot drain my lifeforce the way they can with a normal living being, so I need only focus their attention on myself."

(click to show/hide)