Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 29579 times)

Offline TravelLog

• Honorary Mod
  • Gunslinger, Descendent of Eld
    • View Profile
General Discussion
« on: November 25, 2011, 06:54:27 PM »
Here you may discuss possible plans with one another or work on builds before posting them.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 07:04:32 PM by TravelLog »
Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 08:38:28 PM »
If we have a 70HD Diety and a 100HD Dragon/Outsider for the 4 party members do which character do we use the WBL for?

Factotum 11, Binder 21+, Psion 21(effective), Metamind 10, Witch Slayer 5, Warblade X,

Step one is making a character that can negate any attack/ability that Dispater can throw,
Step two will be trying to attack back.
Step three will be trying to find him.

Offline Mixster

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 09:21:15 PM »
I'd say, the hardest part is getting to him. Unless you have your deific immunity to Dimensional Anchor, you are gonna have some problems moving about in an infinitely sized tower.

In addition searching an infinite tower by brute force is impossible, however, if you can somehow glean some sort of knowledge as to where Dispater teleports, the area is finite, you can then use brute force of searching for him.
This signature reserved for the first awesome quote!

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 11:33:31 PM »
If the rules allow:(I'm a bit confused on how the 40/70/100 HD cap work with the up to 4 party members)
The challenger will be a Fusion creature made of the DvR 18 being, and the 100 HD Dragon. Epic power version of fusion if needed for the duration.
The Classes already mentioned will be what most of the HD is made of, A Master of Nine with Legacy Champion advancing it further will be a part of the Dragon for the Iron Heart/Diamond Mind/WRT/.
Slayer prc will be used for the Mind effecting immunity to not worry about an opposing DvR check.
The Legacy Weapon will contain at minimum the Cunning ability, epic legacy abilities possible if the 6hp+gp for the abilities is better in the long run.

Offline Mixster

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 05:15:09 AM »
Remember that with one of the guys being a thrallherd, we could have an almost infinite supply of minions to fuse into ourselves, meaning that we can get just about everything we need.

Offline Tshern

• The Clown Prince of Crime
  • DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 09:40:46 AM »
Thinking about a party of four. As I see it now, I need a dragon, two undeads and the deity. Maybe something like this:
-Cannon fodder 1: Dry demilich Wizard X/Archmage 5/Plenty of PrCs here. The point is to keep a lot of caster levels. At level 100, I think 120 will suffice for this mate.
-Cannon fodder 2: Somekind of a friendly draconic chap. Not sure of this one yet, possibly a psionic one.
-Cannon fodder 3: Dry demilich Cleric/PrC.

Then the deity itself. I have a strategy in mind already.
Pian unohtuu aika ja tila
Ja nahkapeitto ja syyllisyys
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline TravelLog

• Honorary Mod
  • Gunslinger, Descendent of Eld
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 01:01:57 PM »
You use the 70 HD deity for WBL. And it sounds like Tshern is already putting something together. dun dun dun
Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 02:04:13 PM »
You use the 70 HD deity for WBL. And it sounds like Tshern is already putting something together. dun dun dun
Just dabbling. I have a sound strategy, but the devil is in the details. The builds aren't that hard to do, but the specifics of the strategy are killing me.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Mixster

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 05:01:11 PM »
Just dabbling. I have a sound strategy, but the devil is in the details. The builds aren't that hard to do, but the specifics of the strategy are killing me.
I agree, the specifics of the build is not something I think will matter a whole lot, with epic spellcasting anyone can do just about anything.
It's more important to choose a sound strategy.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
I agree, the specifics of the build is not something I think will matter a whole lot, with epic spellcasting anyone can do just about anything.
It's more important to choose a sound strategy.
I doubt I will use epic spells apart from Esoteric aegis to shield myself from Mage's Disjunction. Doesn't seem necessary.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 09:57:03 PM »
Can you use fusion on a being the is already on the effect of fusion? I don't think so which is why the plan only involves two beings at the time.
Component 1, Wyrm of War Vecna Blooded Spire Dragon.Feat dependent abilities will be placed here if possible to take advantage of the higher HD cap.
Component 2, the Diety, Focus: Epic Powers,Focus:Epic spells, Locating Dispater.

Is the 22+DvR a typo for the point buy of greater deities? It went  160, 180, 200, then 22. So I think a 0 was left off.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 08:31:55 AM »
It's a typo. Worth clarifying though.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Mixster

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 09:49:25 AM »
Also, remember that you are going to ignore your physical stats except for Con, because you'll just use the epic transform spell to turn into the biggest baddie out there. Possibly a Paragon Iron Colossus or something silly.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 09:58:17 AM »
Also, remember that you are going to ignore your physical stats except for Con, because you'll just use the epic transform spell to turn into the biggest baddie out there. Possibly a Paragon Iron Colossus or something silly.
You can ignore CON as well. Just transform and then slap on a CON booster to use the new CON score for hitpoints.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline DrHorrible

• Merciless idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 10:59:39 AM »
I'm working on a Dragon deity 'cause Dragons are cool.

:cool
Believe.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 02:03:14 PM »
I am working on my first little minion. The minion is just going to be, well, a Cleric, nothing special there. I could, however, use hints about possible prestige class options. The build also assumes that the capstone of Walker in the Waste works as written, so I pay no LA for that. Demilich was ruled to be +8 LA, but I get five for free. Thus, 97 class levels for this fellow.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:54:20 PM by Tshern »
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Mixster

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 06:21:48 PM »
You should make him one of your proxies at the very least, the bonuses are quite awesome for no cost.

Also he should have been created with the corpsecrafter feat and in a desecrated area.

And Faeries Mysteries initiate might not be a bad idea when you are undead.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 08:09:36 PM »
You should make him one of your proxies at the very least, the bonuses are quite awesome for no cost.
I shall not, for a good reasons.

Also he should have been created with the corpsecrafter feat and in a desecrated area.
I do not want to rely on a DM fiat. If Unholy toughness is not enough, I have lost already.

And Faeries Mysteries initiate might not be a bad idea when you are undead.
I do not use Drag Mag stuff.

As a note, here are my thoughts. Apart from Esoteric aegis and the one triangulation spell, I shall not use epic magic. Both spells I have approved. If they are disallowed, I will find something else. In short, my tactics needs nothing else but a guard from Mage's Disjunction. when it comes to epic spells. Trying to keep it simple.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 08:16:45 PM »
Sorry for the spam, but...

I just decided to remove myself from the challenge. I will rather stay as an impartial observer and help the DM to answer the questions posed by other challengers. My reasoning is simple, I have had too much time to think about how Dispater works and I have helped TravelLog already with some rulings. As such, I cannot possibly imagine to mount an impartial offense against Dispater.

Good luck fellows.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 11:43:51 AM »
Okay pretty much all entities in dis can be truly damage with a Consecrate Spell Searing [Fire] spell, using rings of free magic to ignore the planar traits that blocks [Good] spells. Need the Ring for Divination spells as well.

They also can be turned by a  Mortal(only mortals, wonder if Dragons count) if they have turn outsider and if they can get their effect level and turn check high enough.

5,400 damage need to be turn to take down the Iron curtain directly.

Be Vecna-blooed and get Dispater to try to divine your location. Possible, paranoid individuals seeks information about their enemies.

Dark Wind is a problem,  offer bargain that helps further his power over time in order to stay out of the fight? Use DvR 2 epic Bard to fascinate/Suggestion him for a toke of Dis. Chance of success ???%

Catapsi will be an annoyance, does Mind-Affecting block it? Deity immunity won't work. Maybe modified Esoteric Aegis with ward against that power.

Get Dispater outside of the Iron Tower. Improbable.