Author Topic: [List] with [*] not working in only one thread  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
[List] with [*] not working in only one thread
« on: February 25, 2016, 02:50:15 PM »
The [list] tag normally works with both [li][/li] and with [*]. However, for some weird reason, it seems like the [*] version just does not work in one thread. It works just fine elsewhere on the boards. Even weirder, it seems as though it would work fine in subsequent posts in the same thread (using Reply and then using the same thing that works everywhere else appears fin in the preview, but not when modifying the original post).

I... I got no idea what could possibly be causing this. Heck, even some of my older posts have lists with [*] and they're working just fine. My bets guess is that some developer decided to troll the consumers by having a random post in each installation break a random BBCode (but I have my doubts about that).

Edit: To be clear, [li] does work, so I can still make lists, it's just less convenient.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:30:36 PM by Garryl »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Re: [List] with [*] not working in only one thread
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 03:10:10 PM »
Does it work on a "clean" post? Like, if you remove what you've got in the post and then try to construct the list?

Because it might be a case of you having a broken tag somewhere that's wrecking it.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 03:29:43 PM »
I've tried previewing just the list part, even the contents of other posts that work fine elsewhere. Same problem occurs even when I copy something that I know should work right, like another martial discipline homebrew, which even uses the same general formatting style.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 04:39:12 PM »
I'm helping you find broken things all over the place.   :p

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 05:49:51 PM »
Found another singular post where the * style of list definition doesn't work. It works fine in the rest of the thread, just not in that post.