Author Topic: Anime & Manga 5: HISSATSU OUGI!  (Read 46702 times)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Anime & Manga 5: HISSATSU OUGI!
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2016, 01:00:14 PM »
EDIT: Also, Mirai is like THE best female supporting character ever (I count Sayla as one of the protagonists).

Fair enough, she even pilots the main gundam and doesn't die right away.

And since we're talking about it, the first Gundam seems to do a pretty good job of avoiding reducing the female characters to damsels in distress  and HOLY COW FRAW BOW OVERPOWERED THE GUNDAM'S SERVO MOTORS WITH HER BARE HANDS! Maybe she's Master Asia's greatgreatgreat grandmother.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2016, 10:04:38 AM »
I like to point out Yoshiyuki Tomino whenever someone says shonen is always sexist or some such disgrace.  :p
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
    • The additional vestige collection for all you Binder players out there.
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2016, 02:24:37 AM »
Kubo, you magnificent imbecile. Your manga turned shitty years ago, yet somehow you've turned Bleach into this beautiful train wreck that keeps on delivering.
I didn't expect the sudden indulgence of the neko-fetish, but I shouldn't be surprised.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2016, 08:16:21 AM »
This week in Gundam Harem Iron Orphans, death flags, death flags everywhere. Not even the fact that they were facing the comic relief mini-boss squad could save a named character.

Also I'm starting to get more and more suspicious that Dr. Marion Radom designed all the mechas. There's not a single beam/laser in the whole series. NONE! Pure physical weapons or GTFO.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2016, 05:23:19 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2016, 07:03:22 AM »
Gundam Thunderbolt is short but pretty good. Basically the grittiest Gundam of them all.

Where sending kids to fight a war against veteran desesperate soldiers results in a lot of dead kids instead of the other way around.

Plus fantastic animation.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2016, 08:50:27 AM »
We waited years. Decades. Countless fanfictions were written.

The goddesses have finally answered our prayers.

Card
Captor
Sakura
Sequel
Clear
Card
Arc
Is
Out!

(click to show/hide)
Rumors had started earlier this year. First they said it was just gonna be a one-shot, but turns out it will be a full fledged series. First time CLAMP does a direct sequel to one of their works. Chronicles was nice, but the plot was so insane not even the characters could understand what was going by the end.

Now in one hand the original CCS manga kinda had a perfect ending. On the other hand yay more adventures from Sakura-chan and Syaoran-kun! Nostalgia overwhelming!

Oh, and they're also working on an anime. Still not revealed if it will be a remake of the original or an adaptation of the new manga right away or something different.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 08:52:03 AM by oslecamo »

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2016, 12:08:53 PM »
My sister is going to have a fit over this, she'll squeal in happiness, i'm sure of it, i half did too!
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2016, 11:29:34 PM »
Watching One Punch Man on Hulu and KONOSUBA -God's blessing on this wonderful world! on Crunchy Roll.

Megumin is best girl. I'm highly motivated to make a Blaster Caster using her image in a D&D game, even if such a thing is suboptimal. :p
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:31:08 PM by Libertad »

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2016, 04:21:03 PM »
Finished reading the "Coiling Dragon" light novel (saga) translated from the Chinese. Wuxia fans will like it, as will TO fans. Main Character goes from weakling to martial arts prodigy, to immortal prodigy, to minor god... and on. DB and DBZ has nothing on this. The author also has at least one other story which ties into the "Coiling Dragon". This story is finished - so no waiting. I like to think of this as an alternate universe Kuroimaken.

On the Japanese side, "Hero of the Shield" light novel was an interesting read as well - seems to have made it to manga form too. Starts off with a double whammy: one fairly usual (ordinary kids summoned to another world to be the heroes), the other... not so (one of the four heroes is promptly framed for rape and robbed blind, by the princess, in collusion with her father, the king of the country that summoned them). The light novel version is also finished, so no waiting.

From the Korean, "The Gamer" webcomic continues to irritate and amuse. For a supposed min-maxer the main character sure misses quite a few combos. Overall, still an enjoyable read.

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2016, 09:34:54 AM »
Finished reading the "Coiling Dragon" light novel (saga) translated from the Chinese. Wuxia fans will like it, as will TO fans. Main Character goes from weakling to martial arts prodigy, to immortal prodigy, to minor god... and on. DB and DBZ has nothing on this. The author also has at least one other story which ties into the "Coiling Dragon". This story is finished - so no waiting. I like to think of this as an alternate universe Kuroimaken.

Read both Coiling Dragon and Stellar Transformations... and I have to say that it was quite good.

Although I felt the ending was quite rushed in both of them...

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2016, 10:09:28 AM »

Read both Coiling Dragon and Stellar Transformations... and I have to say that it was quite good.

Although I felt the ending was quite rushed in both of them...

well, after that lead up... hundreds of chapters??? almost any ending would still feel rushed. But yeah, they kinda did end in one fell swoop. we'll see how the third series goes.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2016, 12:10:12 AM »
Meanwhile Bersek seems to be going through a light hearted fantasy comedy phase with a touch of Inception.
Clearly right now Gut's party is trapped in a delusional dream where they dream they're going deeper inside dreams.

Also the fairy queen king seems like she would fit into Gensokyo with no problem, being so trollastic. She just needs more bullets. I'll be sorely disappointed if we don't see her unleashing some danmaku before this arc is over.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2016, 02:58:05 PM »
I got a good laugh out of Konosuba, it's a typical live in boy thrust into a semi-perverted situations but takes place on a gamer-like world and his starting uber artifact of choice was an incompetent deity. There is only ten episodes out this year but still worth a look.

Dragon Ball Super also appears to be enjoying it's self. Future Trunks appears to go Legendary Super Saiyen against an evil Supreme Kai from Universe 10 who went back in time to steal Goku's body and then back/forwards to meet him self and team up together to eradicate all the gods and mortals of the furtureverse of Universe 7 so unintelligent life could flourish.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2016, 02:50:23 AM »
So the recent Dragon Ball Super chapter makes it cannon that after saving the world/galaxy/universe, Son Goku never kissed anyone, considers kissing yucky, and doesn't see why even married couples would kiss.

Which gives force to the theory the only way Chichi ever got pregnant was by getting him completely drunk. That or Bulma had some gadget to help with that.

Meanwhile Vegeta's having the day of his life. "I get to beat up a Goku without being called an asshole!".

Also love how psycho Goku just's chilling out having coffee in some mountain home after ruining the world. Most villains would've got a fortress or dungeon or something, but that's clearly too much work for psycho Goku.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2016, 08:46:12 AM »

Also love how psycho Goku just's chilling out having coffee in some mountain home after ruining the world. Most villains would've got a fortress or dungeon or something, but that's clearly too much work for psycho Goku.

Well of course. Most battles in Dragon Ball since Z take place in wide open spaces with attacks that shatter mountains like they're made of wet tissue paper.

By opting to make his home into a dungeon or fortress, psycho Goku would just be risking people breaking his home for no tactically sound reason.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2016, 12:00:23 PM »
Code Geass getting a third season: Lelouch doesn't die when he's killed of the Resurrection.

Also CCS will be getting a new anime for 2018 by the same company that made the previous one. Fingers crossed for following the anime continuity. Bring back Li Meiling!

Speaking of which
(click to show/hide)

EDIT: Gundam Iron Orphans Mafia Editon 2nd season pretty awesome.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 12:05:43 PM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2017, 12:42:18 AM »
Akame  Ga Kiru the manga finished.

(click to show/hide)

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2017, 03:49:45 PM »
in the "only from japan" category, i read an amusing light novel where a vending machine maniac (yes, they have those in japan... and if you didn't know, vending machines are a THING in japan) tried to stop a new type of vending machine he'd never seen before from breaking as it fell off a truck with his body.

You guessed it, squishy death...

only to be reincarnated...

as a vending machine...

in a dungeon...

of a fantasy world....

yep, only from japan.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 03:51:36 PM by nijineko »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2017, 04:14:04 PM »
Code Geass getting a third season: Lelouch doesn't die when he's killed of the Resurrection.
Everyone already knew he didn't die. The Director cut the last two seconds of the anime showing him alive but kept CC's comments to him to generate fan theories for popularity. But even with the content cut out, CC has no ability to speak with the dead. Oh and umm... spoiler alert.

Konosub season 2 has started up, episode 1 is out now and it airs Tuesdays I think.
Highschool DxD season 4 comes out in the middle of this year.
Same with One-Punch Man and many sites claim will split from the manga (it only updates like once a month anyway).
After four years after it's a fleeting moment in the spotlight, Attack on Titan finally gets a second season this spring.
Dragonball Super is moving into a universal arc soon, can it do well enough to sell more seasons?