Author Topic: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater  (Read 237543 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater
« Reply #280 on: June 13, 2016, 10:28:26 AM »
Things I am excited about from E3 without actually paying attention to E3:

- Fallout 4 getting closer to being complete so that I can finally break down and buy it.

- Dishonored 2, I really enjoyed the first one.

- There's going to be a new Call of Cthulhu game!

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #281 on: June 14, 2016, 06:25:46 PM »
Man, Kojima somehow made me want a game without actually knowing what it is yet.  Death Stranded seems to be.... Silent Hill meets the 3rd Impact in Evangellion?  I have no idea what the hell I just saw.  But I kind of want it.

Prediction: Psychological sci-fi horror game.
Mudada.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #282 on: June 14, 2016, 10:31:26 PM »
New Zelda, "Breath of the Wild" demo looking pretty awesome.

Gameplay highlights:
-More survival style. Cutting grass no longer wields goodies. You need to eat food to recover health (you can also cook raw ingredients for better food), starting weapons and shields wear down fast so you need to always be looking for replacements.
-More melee weapon variety! Axes, clubs, spears and swords besides bows and bombs.
-You can climb pretty much every surface to reach new places, although it drains stamina faster the harder the surface is to climb. Also shield surfing!
-Very dynamic world. You can chop down trees and then roll them down to create improvised bridges or squish enemies below. Weather changes, like rain makes it harder to use fire stuff, while lighting has higher chance of hitting anybody using a metal sword. And you can throw a metal sword for an enemy to grab so that they're hit by lighting. You'll also need appropriate clothes to avoid losing health in cold/hot enviroments, with different degrees of cold/warm (like as you climb a mountain it gets colder and colder). Enemies hang around in bases, sleep at night and you can steal their weapons (that last bit isn't exactly new as you could do it on Wind Waker, although you couldn't take enemy weapons far). Plus set plants on fire.
-Real open world this time. You start in a big field and then can go wherever you please at start just like in the first Zelda. 100 shrines to explore!

Plot seems to be that Link was put in stasis sleep and when he wakes up Hyrule has been reduced to ruins (the demo allows you to poke around the remains of the Temple of Time among others). Lots of clues pointing out to "Ganon did it". Excuse me, Calamity Ganon. Also Sheik stuff. There seem to be other towns, but they weren't shown in the demo, saying they're a key part of the overall plot. So I would guess Link's job this time is to rebuild Hyrule.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 16, 2016, 05:57:04 PM »
Speaking of Nintendo...http://gamerant.com/nintendo-nx-content-focus-759/  looks like they are once again banking on content over power, hopefully this time they will have the big third party publishers with them.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2016, 04:20:14 AM »
Compilation of what we know about the new Zelda mechanics highlights. Lots of awesome gifs.

(click to show/hide)

Now back to studying for that chinese exam I've got tommorrow, weee...

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 20, 2016, 04:35:57 AM »
Hahaha, kicking open the chest without boots on was the best xD

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 20, 2016, 12:46:59 PM »
Some Links just want to watch the world Burn

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 20, 2016, 01:45:54 PM »

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 21, 2016, 04:55:31 AM »
Interview with Hideo Kojima about Death Stranding.  He answers some questions about the game (it IS a game and not something else), but does not get into what kind of game it will be.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 21, 2016, 05:02:32 AM »
Some Links just want to watch the world Burn

The only way you could beat the first LoZ without a guide was to go full pyromaniac and try to burn everything until finding that secret passage to one of the main dungeons.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 28, 2016, 06:57:55 AM »
Factorio 0.13 is out, and holy cow is it one great update.  Alas, I need to get my sleep schedule back on track otherwise I'd be playing it now.  T_T

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 28, 2016, 10:24:15 AM »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 28, 2016, 02:52:51 PM »
Speaking of Skyrim I just picked it up on Steam last weekend.

Already hacked my Stealth which permanently broke my level gain (meh) but I finally figured out how to pickpocket and steal stuff without the crap being beaten out of me, losing gold, and pretty much everything in my inventory. But on the up side, I stole a -20% delay scream necklace from a Graybeard so that's pretty cool. I'm working towards stripping everyone in town, since loot doesn't appear to regenerate I'm hoping it works on NPCs too.

The game seriously has one hell of a learning curve to it to the point where you need to watch a Youtube video on how the hell to find the Greybeards because glitching your way up the mountain is dangerous without saving every thirty seconds. So to pick your brains, anyone know the Vampire/Werewolf DLC? I want to become a Vampire Werewolf Dragonborn, it seems per comments Werewolf is wiped when you join the Vampire Fraction, so do I need to join them, hack out vamp, become a werewolf, hack away disease immunity, and rebecome a vampire to have full access? Apparently the set codes can glitch things.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 28, 2016, 03:10:08 PM »
I've never heard about anyone having a difficult time finding the Greybeards without help  :???

Did you just play Skyrim for the first time and immediately start cheating on your first run? That's no fun  :p

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 28, 2016, 03:28:38 PM »
I've never heard about anyone having a difficult time finding the Greybeards without help  :???
According to google, there are a dozen thread on the subject which makes me feel better.

And cheating is fun. I can't imagine how boring it'd be to painfully walk around town at half speed for hours on end which would bump my level up making the combat side even more boring than Menu Operator to set up an IV drip of potions of healing or stand on the other side of a doorway and shoot arrows tediously slow at helpless targets. :p

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 28, 2016, 03:33:16 PM »
The game does regen loot in many places, but they're on a 1 week timer, I believe.  There is a small tower with a couple of bandits right by a cliff face west of Falkreath that respawns its treasure daily, or at least it does in my game if I have a weird glitch.

You really don't need to hack the game, just find the appropriate cheat mod on Nexus or other mod site.  And there's no real reason to steal everything you can, just looting bandit camps and dungeons of every valuable will get you more coin than you'd ever need, and you can sell that stuff all right away instead of having to get your speech stat up high enough to get the Fencing perk.

If you really wanna break the game, just grind up your smithing, alchemy, and enchanting skills to max.

1. Enchant one of each of the following armor types with the Fortify Alchemy enchantment using a Grand Soul Gem for each:

Necklace (Neck Item)
Bracers/Gauntlets (Hand Item)
Helmet/Circlet (Head Item)
Ring (Finger Item)

2. Put on all the Fortify Alchemy items.
3. Create a Fortify Restoration potion.
4. Drink Fortify Restoration potion.
5. Remove all Fortify Alchemy items and then put them back on.
Repeat steps 2–4 several times until Fortify Alchemy percentage does not increase.

6. Craft 4 Fortify Enchanting potions. (One for each new Fortify Alchemy item that you will enchant.)
7. Take the potion to fortify Enchanting.
8. Enchant item with Fortify Alchemy enchantment.
Repeat 7-8 until all new items are enchanted.

Rinse and repeat as necessary.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 28, 2016, 04:05:00 PM »
Oh, I'm just using console commands. I figured I should learn the core game before stacking a bunch of mods in. Likewise the goal isn't to totally break it, hell I could have done all skills at 100 and godmode for that. I'm mostly running around in the world like it's a GTA game slowly progressing the story with periodic game reloads after trying (and currently failing) to kill everyone in town. Those peasants are hardier than they look. >.>

If loot regens once per week does that mean all the barrels I've been dumping stuff in will self-wipe?

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 28, 2016, 04:26:02 PM »
That one daily tower will overwrite your gear (I tried storing stuff in the chest there, to my chagrin), but all other containers seem to either not respawn loot if you put stuff in it, or just adds to whatever is inside.  That said, it's not an absolute guarantee, but all the ones other than that tower which I've used were safe.
What do I win?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 28, 2016, 04:26:41 PM »
If loot regens once per week does that mean all the barrels I've been dumping stuff in will self-wipe?

Yep, most containers in the game self-reset eventually IIRC, not sure on the timer though.

Edit: Here you go.  http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Containers_%28Skyrim%29

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 29, 2016, 11:13:28 AM »
So it turns out combat is harder than I thought, I ran out of healing potions and now my inventory has like 300 less food items in it during one of the Werewolf missions and it turns out those women with bastard swords can pretty much effing kill me in one hit by stunning me. I guess someone needs to learn how to use the block button but they ded now though. The follower-wolf guy turned out to be immortal making him a bit more useful than a stolen horse. His pain and suffering paved the way to my victory.

Also the guards do persist in loincloth near-nudity at least for a few hours. :D
If I steal my orphan's minion's clothing what the heck does that make me?