Author Topic: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater  (Read 236817 times)

Offline Sinfire Titan

• Hustler 3
  • Retired Admin
  • You have one round to give a rat's ass.
    • View Profile
Re: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater
« Reply #340 on: August 28, 2016, 07:39:15 AM »
No Man's Sky is one of Steam's best sellers, but look anywhere else on the Internet and all I see are flaming garbage wrecks of drama.

TL;DR Creator promised a bunch of stuff and overhyped it Molyneux-style.

And now its being refunded regardless of play time.
Concerned about how moderation works here? Please PM this account.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 28, 2016, 12:37:50 PM »
Best seller only shows how many sold, no regards to reviews and refunds :p

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 13, 2016, 01:03:34 AM »
I don't see the problem here when it'll likely be right back soon for PC.Something everyone has.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 26, 2016, 02:24:12 AM »
what happened to the skyrim?

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 09, 2016, 02:41:46 PM »
I think you killed the thread with that question.

I'm not sure what happened to Skyrim, was was going to happen (and may have since) was a remastered edition that brings computer mod packs to console systems.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 09, 2016, 08:29:10 PM »
I think you killed the thread with that question.

I'm not sure what happened to Skyrim, was was going to happen (and may have since) was a remastered edition that brings computer mod packs to console systems.

But i loved reading your adventures...anyhow Skyrim Special edition comes out on the 28th of this month,with a free copy to PC owners of it and all DLC and I know have a computer that can run skyrim at ultra   :D

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 09, 2016, 08:30:59 PM »
But i loved reading your adventures...
I totally spaced on them.
Edit - Read up on it and seen where I left off. Man that was such a wtf moment for me. Like why in the hell is he even here, who builds their house over the abominal snowman's cave?!

I can restart but I'll have to reread the plot to make sure highlights are in order.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 10:27:58 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 12, 2016, 01:59:12 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 13, 2016, 01:06:08 AM »
 :lmao

So,it currently stands I'm playing skyrim as oyu can tell,but I think after this play thru I'm going to attempt to put in a skeleton and related physics along with maybe using the tropical skyrim graphics among other mods

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #353 on: October 20, 2016, 11:06:20 AM »
So the NX, I mean Nintendo Switch has finally been revealed!

As the rumors indicated, it's an hybrid home/portable console, with in-built screen when not connected to a TV plus a pair of detachable controlers on the sides. Said controlers can be combined into a single one or used separated one in each hand or for two different players.

Games glimpsed include(besides Zelda Breath of the Wild):
-3D MARIO OMG FINALLY ABOUT TIME!
-Skyrim HD.
-Some basketball game.
-Splatoon and Mario Kart.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 11:09:00 AM by oslecamo »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 20, 2016, 01:31:06 PM »
We've also come full circle, cartridge games are coming back. And I'm not really saying that because Nintendo never really stopped using them, but flash drives have hit a point where they are affordable enough they can be printed on paper for advertisements.

Heck flash drives have been limited by marketing for years now. I bet you think you should pay a hundred bucks for the top of the line newest model 128gb microSD at Wal-Mart. ...Actually over two years ago Sandisk released a 512gb card as they bragged they can increase storage a thousand fold every decade. But those 32gb cards made twenty years ago cost a decent amount of money at the time and dammit, they want their money for it so they still charge you ten bucks. Anyway, rant aside.

I didn't see a thousand watt amplifier with a fifty foot antenna, well that and they moved the game card, so I'm going to assume the Switch uses double the hardware,. the tablet running a a lower end of things that can be plugged into the console for a hardware upgrade and HD plus squared cubed ultra 9k w/e the fuck their calling it mode. Which is actually pretty smart. I think a lot of the complaints about the Wii U was the controller pretty much had to be ran in the same room as the console anyway, making the tablet side totally independent was the next logical step.

And a removable controller that can be split into two-player mode is pretty awesome too. Nintendo is really keeping up it's end of tailoring towards the family market and staying out of MS/Sony's fascinating with lonely teenagers shouting over online matches area. Like if your playing Mario Kart 9: Life is Fair Compared To This on your own with no expectations of someone joining in a kid can almost instantly engage in a two-player mode without having to carry, or even buy, extra hardware is just great. And one hell of a marketing ploy too. If a kid is polite he may end up sharing the second controller to strangers whom in turn will walk away wishing they had something like that.

But, battery life probably sucks balls. I suspected Duracell offered one hell off a deal to the Nintendo company when it came to the Wii U's design, but you really need lithium cells for this kind of thing and even those won't last that long. If they are truly smart, they should built in a 90/10 battery split so a couple months after the release they can offer a peripheral battery for actual hot swapping that runs off the second smaller storage while switching instead of tethering your self to a wall to charge it while playing.

Nintendo also showed it's outdated progression in other areas through even as it's fans cheer it's a positive. New console next year is finally getting a game released over five years ago, yeahee lets all get excited like Steam hasn't already given you the opportunity to murder Tomas the flying firebreathing train at the airport for less then the price of a baconator meal at Wendy's.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 20, 2016, 08:37:54 PM »
I wonder how many 3rd AAA publishers will come back to Nintendo for the full console's run

So anyway, i put in a full skeleton and HDT physics for skyrim and now I feel like just undoing those mods and going back to the mods I used before.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 20, 2016, 09:07:44 PM »
So anyway, i put in a full skeleton and HDT physics for skyrim and now I feel like just undoing those mods and going back to the mods I used before.
Man I had so many problems trying to get the Skeletons to work, the Script Extender, SkyUI, FNIS, ZAZ Animation...  :sh  ;)

Anyway, I ended up treating modding Skyrim like modding Minecraft. More does not mean better. So I mostly focus on new ares and such and just run those when I have the time then wipe the mod and restore from a previous save like it never happened.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 20, 2016, 10:03:08 PM »
Man I had so many problems trying to get the Skeletons to work, the Script Extender, SkyUI, FNIS, ZAZ Animation...  :sh  ;)

Anyway, I ended up treating modding Skyrim like modding Minecraft. More does not mean better. So I mostly focus on new ares and such and just run those when I have the time then wipe the mod and restore from a previous save like it never happened.

I have SkyUI and a mod that disabled all but the mod control from SkyUI since I use my xbox 360 controller to play.  My only issue is finding a good ENB.

Like i said awhile back, I may go with http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33017/? and do a total overhual of the enviroment

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 21, 2016, 01:21:35 AM »
If you want a good list of mods to improve Skyrim's graphics and sound, you might want to check this out:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76373/?
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 21, 2016, 02:03:40 AM »
I wonder how many 3rd AAA publishers will come back to Nintendo for the full console's run

(click to show/hide)

Considering it says sampling, there might be even more.