Author Topic: Gnomeo's Modified Microlite 20  (Read 5065 times)

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Gnomeo's Modified Microlite 20
« on: June 15, 2013, 12:55:50 PM »
MICROLITE 2.0

Stats

There are 3 stats: Strength (STR), Dexterity (DEX), and Mind (MIND).
Roll 4d6, drop lowest dice. Total remaining 3 dice and allocate to one of the stats. Repeat for remaining stats.
Stat bonus = (STAT-10)/2, round down.

Races

Humans get +1 to all skill rolls
Elves get +2 MIND
Dwarves get +2 STR
Halflings get +2 DEX
Gnomes get +2 AC
Half-Elves get +2 to Feat bonuses
Half-Orcs get +1 Attack bonuses

Classes

Fighters have Physical as a main skill and can use any kind of armor or shield. They add +1 to all attack and damage rolls. This increases by +1 at 5th level and every five levels thereafter.

Rogues have Subterfuge as a main skill and can use light armor. If they successfully Sneak (usually Sub+DEX, but depends on situation) up on a foe they can add their Subterfuge skill rank to the damage of their first attack.

Wizards have Knowledge as a main skill and wear no armor. They can cast arcane spells.

Clerics have Communication as a main skill and can wear light or medium armor. They cast divine spells. A Cleric can Turn Undead by making a single Magic Attack against all undead in the area. If the Magic Attack result is equal to or higher than the undead's current hit point total, it is turned (flees from Cleric).  If the result is equal to or greater than the undead's current hit points + 10 the undead is destroyed. This can be used (2 + Level + MIND Bonus) times per day.

Barbarians have Physical as a main skill and can wear light or medium armor and use shields. They may expend HP to go into a rage for the rest of an encounter, suffering -2 AC. For every 4 HP expended, gain +2 to melee attack rolls, melee damage rolls, and ignore 2 points each time they take damage.

Bards have Knowledge as a main skill and can use light armor. They may inspire allies to add +1 to their d20 rolls for the rest of an encounter. Inspiration increases +1 at lv. 8, 13, and 18. They may cast Arcane spells with a max spell level of level/3 (round down), and cast spells from the school of Enchantment as signature spells.

Druids have Communication as a main skill and can wear light and medium armor but may never use worked metal. They may transform into any creature with HD less than or equal to caster level. Casts any nature related spell at +1 MP cost.

Monks have Physical as a main skill and wear no armor but add both DEX and MIND bonuses to AC. A Monk's unarmed attacks deal d8 damage and are treated as light weapons. Add +1 to AC, ‘saving throws,’ and attack and damage rolls made with unarmed attacks. This increases at 4th level, and every four levels thereafter.

Ninjas have Subterfuge as a main skill and wear no armor but add both DEX and MIND bonuses to AC.  When unarmored, they add +1 per four levels (rounded down) when using the Subterfuge skill to sneak.  If they successfully Sneak (usually Sub+DEX, but depends on situation) up on a foe they can add their Subterfuge skill rank to the damage of their first attack.  Add +1 to AC, ‘saving throws,’ and attack and damage rolls made with sneak attacks. This increases at 4th level, and every four levels thereafter.

Paladins have Communication as a main skill and use any kind armor and use shields. Their touch and melee attacks may cure or inflict 2 HP on allies or evil enemies for every 1 HP they exhaust. May cast Divine spells with a spell level equal to or below ¼ caster level (round down).

Rangers have Subterfuge as a main skill and use light armor and shields. They reduce total penalties from additional attacks by+1, increasing by +1 at 6th level and every five levels thereafter. At 6th level, may add a second two-weapon/bow attack if they take a further -2 penalty on all attacks that round. May cast Divine spells with a spell level equal to or below ¼ caster level (round down).

Sorcerers have Knowledge as a main skill and wear no armor. They cast Arcane spells with a spell level equal or below ½ their class level, rounded down (minimum 1st).  Sorcerers suffer no penalty for adding two spell effects together.

Skills

There are just 4 skills: Physical, Subterfuge, Knowledge and Communication. Roll higher than the given Difficulty Class to succeed.  Your class provides a main skill.  Each character has a +3 bonus to divide between all of the main skills available to them from their classes.

Skill rank = your level + any bonus from class or race.
Skill roll = d20 + skill rank + whatever stat bonus is most applicable to the use + situation modifiers

For example, Climbing would use Physical + STR bonus. Dodging a falling rock is Physical + DEX bonus. Finding a trap is Subterfuge + MIND bonus. Disabling a trap is Subterfuge + DEX bonus.

Saving Throws

Fort: Physical skill + Str modifier
Ref: Subterfuge skill + Dex modifier
Will: (higher of Knowledge or Communication skill) + Mind modifier

Magic

Spellcasting classes gain Magic Points (MP) equal to their MIND stat + 1d6/Level. These MP are used to cast spells. The cost is 1 + double the level of the spell being cast:

Spell Level    0    1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9
MP Cost    1    3    5    7    9   11   13   15   17   19

If you have run out of MP, you can sacrifice your health and expend HP in exchange for MP at a ratio of 1MP per 2HP sacrificed. 
These HP cannot be healed, even by magic, but are returned with 6 hours of rest.

The Difficulty Class (DC) for all spells is 10 + Caster Level + Caster's MIND bonus

Combat

Hit Points = STR Stat + 1d6/Level. If HP are reduced to 0, the character is unconscious and near death. Further damage directly reduces STR. If this STR damage brings it to 0, the character dies.

Roll d20 + DEX bonus for initiative order.

Each round, a character may do 2 things: attack once and move 30 feet. Movement may be traded to make extra attacks (assuming your attack bonus is +6 or more). Attack may be traded for 120 feet of movement.Characters may also do something minor (like draw a weapon) for free each round.

Melee attack bonus = STR bonus + Level
Missile attack bonus = DEX bonus + Level
Magic attack bonus = MIND bonus + Level

Add attack bonus to d20 roll. If higher than your opponent's Armor Class (AC), it’s a hit. Natural 20 is automatically a critical doing maximum damage.

Members of every class, except those with a max spell level of ½ level, may use Dex bonus + Level as Melee attack bonus if wielding a light weapon. They may also make an extra attack when using two light weapons or a bow if they take a-2 penalty on all attack rolls that round. Rapiers count as light weapons, but you cannot wield two rapiers at the same time.

If your total attack bonus is +6 or more a second attack can be made with a -5 penalty. If the total bonus is +11 or more a third attack can be made at -10. For example, if the total bonus is +12, three attacks can be made at +12/+7/+2.

Add STR bonus to Melee damage, x2 for 2-handed weapons.

Armor Class (AC) = 10 + DEX bonus + Armor bonus.  If you're wearing medium or heavy armor, the armor check penalty reduces your Dex bonus to AC to a minimum of 0.

Feats

Feats are used to perform extraordinary tasks, and may be used three times per day. Feats may be used to add a bonus equal to ½ the character’s level (round up) to any of the following: d20 roll, damage roll, AC, or spell DC. The GM might also allow you to expend feat use to attempt a rule-bending action or cause hazardous effects.

You may also use two of your feat uses per day to reroll a single roll you just made.

Special Moves(trip, disarm, etc)

Roll an attack at -8 to hit against d20+your opponent’s to-hit bonus. If you roll higher, you succeed. If not, combat continues. If you’re using a weapon designed for the purpose (a sai to disarm, chain to trip, etc.) then roll attack -4 instead.

When rolling to aid another character's actions, if you choose to explain the roll, you cannot simply say, "after a 5-minute lecture."  You need to type the whole thing out.

Other Hazards

Falling: 1d6 damage per 10', half damage on Phys+DEX save. DC=depth fallen in feet
Spikes: add +1 point to falling damage per 10' fallen, max +10
Poison: Phys+STR save to avoid or for half, depending on poison.Effect varies with poison type.
Extreme Heat &Cold : If not wearing suitable protection,Phys+STR save once every 10 minutes (DC 15, +1 per previouscheck), taking 1d6 damage on each failed save.

Level Advancement

Encounter Level = Hit Dice of defeated monsters, or the given EL for the trap, situation, etc. Add +1 for each doubling of the number of foes. eg: 1 kobold = EL1. 2 kobolds = EL2. 4 kobolds =EL3, etc.

Add up the Encounter Levels (ELs) of every encounter you take part in. When the total = 10 x your current level, you’ve advanced to the next level. Reset the total to 0 after advancing.

Each level adds:
+1d6 to Hit Points
+1 to all attack rolls
+1 to all skills

If the level divides by three (i.e. level 3,6,9,etc.) add 1 point to STR, DEX or MIND.
Fighters gain +1 to their attack and damage rolls at levels 5,10,15,etc.
Clerics and Wizards gain access to new spell levels at levels 3,5,7,9,etc.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:16:05 AM by Gnomeo »
Myrielle: "I think you're worth the trouble, even if the others don't."

You know life sucks when you get a back-handed compliment from a seven year old.

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Gnomeo's Modified Microlite 2.0
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 01:08:40 PM »
MICROMAGIC20

MicroMagic20 is an alternative to the d20 SRD magic system that allows for spontaneous spell creation. It presents 8 spell schools from which many unique spells may be derived instantaneously. A unique spell is cast by shifting any/all default descriptors up or down the descriptor lists. The default level of each of these spells is Lv. 0 (indicated by the bracketed descriptors). Increase a spell’s level +1 by shifting a descriptor down, decrease level -1 by shifting a descriptor up. A spells final level must fall between 0 and 9.

Specialization: Wizards choose one school, and spells from that school cost 1 MP less to use.

Guidelines
Descriptor settings are to be representative; GMs may allow effects that are not listed. Err on the side of the higher level.
  • Area may be a cylinder (10’ radius, 30’ high), cone (40’ long), four 10’ cubes, a ball (20’ radius spread) or a 120’ line.
  • To combine multiple spells into one, set all common descriptors identically, total combined spell levels, and add +2.
  • Cast spell as a free action by adding +4 levels.
  • Delay spell effects up to 5 rounds by adding +3 to spell level.
  • Set a specific condition to trigger spell cast into creature or object by taking MIND rather than MP damage.
  • Effect additional targets (up to caster level) dealing half damage or -4 DC by adding +3 to spell level.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 01:27:12 AM by Gnomeo »

You know life sucks when you get a back-handed compliment from a seven year old.

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Gnomeo's Modified Microlite 20
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 01:22:40 PM »
Conjuration: Create, Summon (Arcane & Divine)
RangeDurationManifestationEffect
---1 round/level--- +/- 1; dazzle
[Close][10 min./level][1 physical][ +/- 2; disarm]
long---Area effect +/- 4; entangled
---------Total cover, pin, Summon creature*

*Creature summoned has HD equal to the level of the spell.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:41:06 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »
Abjuration: Ward, Protect (Arcane & Divine)

RangeDurationBonusType
---------martial; spell school
---------arcane or divine
[personal][1 min.][+1][all spells]
close 1 min./level+2---
long 1 hour/level+4---
area ---+8; dispel---
------immune---
------deflect back---
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:53:09 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 01:42:50 PM »
Evocation: Manipulate, Blast (Arcane)

RangeTargetsDie TypeProgression
touch----2 sizes1d/caster lvl./3
[close][single][base*][1d/spell lvl.]
longarea+2 sizes1d/caster lvl.

*Spell Level-damage die = 0-d3; 1st-d4; 2nd-7th: d6; 8-9th: d8; Max dice=[(Spell Lv./2)+1]x5
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:50:42 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 01:56:56 PM »
Divination: Learn, Find, Discern (Arcane & Divine)

RangeDurationDetailSubject
personal---------
closeinstant; next action---plant; animal
[medium][1 min./level]["yes" or "no"][characteristic]
long10 min./levelstatus; locationcreature; thing
unlimited1 hour/levelpeculiar info.---
---8 hrs.------
---1 day---+20 to d20 roll*

*Note: When using the "+20 to d20 roll" subject option, use the "yes or no" detail option.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:30:42 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 02:05:05 PM »
Illusion: Deceive, Project (Arcane)

RangeDurationSenseInteraction
personalconcentrationsound---
[close][1 round/level][sight][if focused]
long10 min./levelbothinteractive
---1 dayall senses---
---Permanent20% real---
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:45:39 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 02:18:01 PM »
Enchantment: Effect, Influence (Arcane & Divine)

RangeDurationEffectNumberTarget
---1 roundcalm------
touch1 round/level------animal
[close][1 min./level][charm][1][humanoid]
long1 hour/levelsleep, daze------
---1 day/levelspeak------
------hold---any
------controlarea---
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:46:29 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 02:30:30 PM »
Transmutation: Change, Morph (Arcane & Divine)

RangeDurationTargetEffect
personal1 round------
[touch][1 round/level][creature][appearance; +1 roll; +10 to a specific skill use]
close10 min./level---resize; +2 stat score
long1 dayobjectalteration; +4 stat; fly
---permanent---transformation
------1/level---
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:51:54 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 02:40:03 PM »
Necromancy/Healing: Inflict, Cure (Divine)

RangeTargetCondition
[touch][1][1 hp; contamination]
------1d8+level*; fear
close1/level2d8+level*; paralysis; 1d4 stat
------3d8+level*; blindness; disease
------4d8+level*
------2d4 stat
------death

*max level bonus =5x number of dice.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:50:04 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 03:27:31 PM »
Languages

Starting characters get their racial language (Half-Elves get Elven) and Common.  You get an additional language for each +1 modifier in your MIND score.  Bonus languages available by race are:

Human: Any (except Druidic)
Dwarf: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran, and Undercommon
Elf: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan
Gnome: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Orc, and "small burrowing mammal"
Half-Elf: Any (except Druidic)
Half-Orc: Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, and Abyssal
Halfling: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc

The following character classes get one bonus language from the following lists when they gain their first level in the appropriate class:
Barbarian: (Giant, Orc, Gnoll)
Bard: (Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, or Halfling)
Druid: (Druidic)
Cleric: (Abyssal, Celestial, or Infernal)
Paladin: (Abyssal, Celestial, or Infernal)
Ranger: (Giant, Goblin, Gnoll, or Sylvan)
Rogue: (Undercommon)
Sorcerer: (Draconic)
Wizard: (Aquan, Auran, Ignan, or Terran)

Full list of languages:
Abyssal
Aquan
Auran
Celestial
Common
Draconic
Druidic
Dwarven
Elven
Giant
Gnome
Goblin
Gnoll
Halfling
Ignan
Infernal
Orc
Sylvan
Terran
Undercommon
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:15:13 PM by Gnomeo »
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.