Author Topic: 2000/01/01 - New Year Festivities  (Read 41928 times)

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
Re: 2000/01/01 - New Year Festivities
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2013, 11:19:06 AM »
Horizon

Horizon can only vaguely recall someone who uses fairies with illusions powers..., some teenage freelancer calling herself Mab, wasn't it?

Kaleidoscope

Unable to think of any fairy themed Specials other than Tinkerbell(who probably would have been a lot more noticeable), Kaleidoscope's sudden movement leaves her with a struggling fairy, complete with tiny little chainmail and a little sword it's trying to draw. "Unhand me foul villain, or it will be the worse for thee!"

OOC:
Dodge resistance(surprised) (1d20+3=11)
Fairy in hand.
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2013, 02:01:46 PM »
Kaleidoscope suppresses a curse in response to the news from Horizon and instead leaves the channel open for him to hear what she's saying - as well as anyone could hear it, anyway. "I don't think I will." She shakes the fairy a little as she steps out of the room, dematerializing the documents in her other hand and waving them around a little. "We don't have all day, so how about you just tell me what you were looking for?" She starts moving down the stairs as quickly as reasonable, looking for that Parallel Arguments painting.
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2013, 02:17:47 PM »
Kaleidoscope

The little pixie has managed to get her sword out and is now brandishing what looks like a letter opener and stabbing wildly. "Let me go you big galoot! I hadn't found it yet!"

If the news was right the damage should be to the ground floor entrance hall, the named artwork should be there.

OOC:Will (1d20+6=12) vs Intimidation

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2013, 02:23:27 PM »
"Hm. Horizon, snap decision." Kaleidoscope takes the stairs down multiple at a time as if jogging down an incline, lamenting that she can't just take the fairy through the floors. "I guess we might as well let them do their thing?"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 02:25:37 PM by Agita »

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2013, 02:29:03 PM »
"I've got nothing against Mab. As long as Pyrebird doesn't come chasing after us, I'm happy to let her take what we're not taking." Horizon stands up, tapping his foot idly while standing at a ninety-degree angle to the building. "Want me to go in and talk to her? With Pyrebird coming this way it probably won't matter if we set off an alarm or two."
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2013, 02:39:26 PM »
"Works for me. Meet you on the first floor." With that, Kaleidoscope redoubles her pace.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2013, 02:44:38 PM »
Not waiting around to cook slowly inside his costume, Horizon launches himself off the building in a long, floating jump to touch down lightly near the museum door. "So sorry about the trouble," he says apologetically to the driver. "You may want to get going, Pyrebird is on her way." He bows politely to the illusory policeman. "May I speak with Mab? I apologize for my earlier rudeness, but perhaps I might help smooth things over."

Auto 25 on any necessary Persuasion checks.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2013, 02:50:48 PM »
Outside

"You BLASTED fake, stop fluttering around and let me FRY YOU DAMMIT!!!"
An explosion rocks the air, Horizon could see a blue shape crumple and drop out of the sky. So much for the hero.

The driver looks up, leaps into his truck, and the van behind pulls out at probably thrice the speed limit. The truck rams into a trash can and stalls to the sound of an engine being frantically started.

The policeman looks at him, seemingly irritated, then a dark hooded shape materializes where he stood, a woman in a medieval dress and a pitch black cloak of glittering stars. Her voice echoes despite the open space and it looks quite overdone,
"You are the pest that's been interfering with my work?"

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2013, 02:55:42 PM »
Inside the museum, meanwhile, Kaleidoscope lets go of the fairy without a second look and just falls through the remaining floors, hitting the ground floor running. She pulls the flashlight back out and searches around for the abstract painting. The brick wall would be a flashier coup, but there's no guarantee she could distinguish it from any of the other ruined walls.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2013, 02:59:18 PM »
"No insult intended." Horizon spreads his hands in a pacifying gesture. "It should stand as a testament to your skill that I was unaware of your plans until I arrived. I think the coincidence may work out in both your favor and mine, however. I am, by far, the more visible of the two of us. If we can complete our respective tasks before any further inconveniences arrive, so much the better, but otherwise it may prove useful to have me around to draw away any pursuit."

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2013, 03:11:04 PM »
Ground Floor, Shattered display hall

The painting hangs askew on a badly cracked wall, one tilted at an angle inwards, threatening to collapse and shred the painting at the slightest disturbance. It looks similar enough to the grainy picture she'd seen earlier, vertical fields of red and blue filled with weapons in one side, and jewelery on the other. In the middle of the room, where the cracked wall would have crushed along it's fall are the two 'sculptures', on slightly raised stages and ringed with a rope barrier. It'd be a little bit tricky, especially when the wall looks likely to hammer into the pillars holding up the second floor.

Outside

"I have no interest in the credit for any terrorism for today, you may claim it if you wish. Just stop interfering in the matters of my court and you may move freely. Now go, I have another pest to be rid of. " The image starts to fade.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2013, 03:20:29 PM »
"Well, I guess we're doing them a favor anyway." Kaleidoscope tucks the binder she took under the arm holding the flashlight and carefully holds on to the painting, phasing it out as she lifts it away from the wall. With the painting tucked under her other arm, she looks around for the display card to take with her as well before making a break for the entrance.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2013, 03:22:07 PM »
Horizon bows again as the projection fades, then crosses to the locked door and gently taps the lock plate, applying enough force to yank the door open outwards before hurrying on inside. "We're good. Mab's going to deal with Pyrebird, so let's make this quick," he reports.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2013, 03:29:27 PM »
Ground Floor, Shattered display hall
It takes a bit of scanning to find the bit of cardboard lying on the floor, but both the card and the painting are successfully dematerialized without the wall falling over. The building shakes slightly, causing the wall to slide an inch lower.

Ground Floor, entry hall

The lock snaps after a moment's determined pressure, then Horizon hears the same voice from deeper inside the building, "Salamandra, remove the disturbance. Sprites, assist them. Gnomes, begin tunneling into storage basement three." The building shakes, and the terrible smell of scorched carpets fill the air.

Horizon just remembered what Mab's power was. Commanding an army of fairies.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2013, 03:42:47 PM »
Time to get out, then. Kaleidoscope makes a break for the entrance with the papers, the painting, and the display card. It's not like the building collapsing on top of her would really so much as inconvenience her, but Horizon is another matter.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2013, 03:52:39 PM »
Horizon wheels around as the museum quakes, dashing over to wait by the entrance for Kaleidoscope and already lessening his own personal gravity in preparation for a fast escape.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2013, 03:57:17 PM »
Ground floor, Main gallery

Kaleidoscope exits the display hall, to find the main gallery lit by a  ruddy light without a visible source, along with the smell of burnt carpet.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2013, 04:03:45 PM »
"Um. I think she's trying to burn the place down." The blur blooms around her to fill the room, as much from the subconscious tension as consciously. Thinking fast, Kaleidoscope hops up to the next floor to run out the wall instead.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2013, 04:10:32 PM »
Second Floor, Toilet

Kaleidoscope pops through the floor and the wall without seeming to draw notice. This room is only dimly lit by a few streamers of daylight, through which she can see cubicles, mirrors and urinals. The building rumbles again.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2013, 04:12:02 PM »
"Burn...? Oh, right. The salamanders. Where are you coming out?" Horizon stares up at the sky for Pyrebird while stretching out his other senses for anything that might be near the door.

Perception (1d20+6=25)