Author Topic: Offering Myself Up to DM  (Read 27421 times)

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
Re: Offering Myself Up to DM
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2013, 07:36:39 PM »
If anyone wants to use psionics, I wouldn't mind seeing some dreamscarred press or Hyperconscious material in action. I've been meaning to playtest it in a game but haven't gotten a chance.

Damn... Now I kind of want to go psionic...

Must... resist...

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2013, 08:32:31 PM »
VoG: "YOU MUST NOT RESIST!"
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2013, 03:46:06 PM »
Damn... Failed the save vs psionics.

Tentative Build:
Human Ardent 3/Psychic Warrior 1

Feats:

Flaw 1: Hidden Talent (Synchronicity)
Flaw 2: Psionic Talent
H: Linked Power (Complete Psionic)
1: Creature Capacitor
3: Psicrystal Weapon
PsyWar1: Psionic Meditation

Powers Known

PsyWar (ML 1):
1st: Empty Mind

Ardent (ML 3):
Mantles: Conflict, Freedom
1st: Adrenaline Boost (CPsi), Dimension Hop (CPsi), Synchronicity (CPsi) (Hidden Talent), Vigor
2nd: Animal Affinity

Planning to take levels in Ghostbreaker PrC.

Three questions:

1) What's your opinion on the Ardent's power acquisition mechanic (the one that refers to manifester level, and not class level)?

2) Would you be willing to allow Hidden Talent to qualify for Creature Capacitor? If yes, I will change my race to Kalashtar.

3) Psicrystal Weapon makes my crystal weapon become a Psicrystal, but does not mention anything about its trait. Does the Psicrystal Weapon gain any trait?

Edit: another question: is it possible to use the Ardent's ACFs found here?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:11:34 PM by Risada »

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2013, 07:13:58 PM »
1: I'll let the ML stand as long as you don't gain access to powers faster than a straight classes ardent.

2:  Yes, hidden talent was intended to be a replacement for psionic talent.

3:  I'm going to say that the psicrystal trait was traded for the benefits of being a weapon.

4: Yes, but I'll need to approve of the final mantle list though.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2013, 08:29:54 PM »
Tentative Build v2:
Kalashtar Ardent 3/Psychic Warrior 1 (Myth Weavers: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=720733)

Feats:
Flaw 1: Hidden Talent (Synchronicity)
Flaw 2: Linked Power (Complete Psionic)
1: Creature Capacitor
Conflict Mantle: Weapon Focus (Halberd)
3: Psicrystal Weapon
PsyWar1: Psionic Meditation

Stats:
       Str 16 (10 pt)
       Dex 10 (2 pt)
       Con 14 (6 pt)
       Int 14 (6 Pt)
       Wis 16 (8 pt) +1 4th
       Cha 08 (0 pt)

Powers Known
(click to show/hide)

Planning to take levels in Ghostbreaker PrC.

Adjusted Mantles: (powers in italics were added)
(click to show/hide)

Equipment
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:41:04 AM by Risada »

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2013, 09:08:32 PM »
Approved

Animal affinity, not share pain for your second level power?

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2013, 10:39:02 PM »
So, HERE is my character's sheet. Obviously a WIP.
At this point I still need to select a feat, which, unfortunatelly, can't be Improved Homunculus due to pre-requisites (I'll get it next level), and equipments. But I wanted to improve his Arbalester's weapon with a Shocking special ability. My character can't have Craft Magical Arms and Armor, so he can't do it himself. But what if he had another crafter to do it? How much would it cost? 2000gp?
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2013, 11:09:40 PM »
How are you qualifying for craft construct without craft magical arms and armor?

The crossbow used to make the Arbalester would need to be masterwork too, so 300+2000 gp and it would be a +1 shocking crossbow in the Arbalester.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2013, 02:26:26 AM »
For equipment, are we going with a limit on how wealth can be spent? For instance, I'm trying to figure out whether I can afford a +1 lamen (like a magic weapon that spellshape attacks are channeled through). It would take up more than half my wealth at this level, so I might not want to use so much of it on that, though it may be the last time I can get one unless I manage to be able to buy one later in the campaign. Also, it wouldn't be the end of the world if I can't get one. *shrug*

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2013, 05:04:13 AM »
The Craft Construct feat is in the bonus feats list. The book says nothing about pre-requisites só I thought it did not matter.
And the Arbalester's crossbow is already MW.

EDIT: Yeah, I think you're right. It does not explicitly say I don't need to care about the pre-requisites. I'm fixing it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 06:47:59 AM by Scout89 »
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2013, 10:30:33 AM »
@Venn: you're cleared to spend up to 3k on any one item. If you'd prefer however, I'll make them available in the campaign at decent magic marts.

@Scout: yes, you need to meet the prerequisites of arty bonus feats.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2013, 04:36:03 PM »
My character sheet is mostly done. Need to finish equipment, though I expect to travel fairly light (and with an 8 strength, I better!) so there won't be much more. Also have to finalize Formulae.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:28:18 AM by VennDygrem »

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2013, 09:37:46 PM »
@geniussavant: How do you feel about this feat?

FIERY BURST (RESERVE)
You channel your magical talent into a blast of fire.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 2nd-level spells.
Benefit: As long as you have a fire spell of 2nd level or higher available to cast, you can spend a standard action to create a 5-foot-radius burst of fire at a range of 30 feet. This burst deals 1d6 points of fire damage per level of the highest level fire spell you have available to cast. A successful Reflex save halves the damage.
As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting fire spells.

It's from page 43 of the Complete Mage book. Here is the important part of the text about the reserve feats:

(...)A spellcaster who does not need to prepare spells (such as a sorcerer) must know an appropriate spell and must have at least one unused spell slot of that spell's level or higher. If the character has more than one appropriate spell known, he gains the benefit only from the highest-level spell for which he has an unused spell slot of that level or higher.(...)

To my understanding, since the Artificer's Infusions List has Heat Metal at level 2, my character would be able to use this feat as long as I have at least one 2nd-level spell slot available. Am I right? Do you allow this feat?

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2013, 10:22:22 PM »
I allow the feat. However, I've never seen anyone use infusions to power reserve feats. Infusions are similar but not equal to spells.

As a suggestion, you might want to look into a crossbow(you already have the basic ranged feats) and use an action point to speed up the weapon enhancement: bane infusion. I don't wish to tell you how to play your character, but I've built a few hordeficer builds before an that combo helps at low levels.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2013, 10:36:06 PM »
The Infusion entry says: They function just like spells and follow all the rules for spells. So it should serve as a spell for reserves.
About the crossbow, that's why I selected those feats.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2013, 10:48:02 PM »
I'm actually surprised by this, but I'm going to allow it. Reserve feats aren't super powerful, so I don't think it will be an issue there. You've definitely given me an interesting question to ponder.

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2013, 08:37:10 AM »
genius, just want to confirm something with you: Suppose I manifest Hammer using the Psicrystal Weapon as the toucher augmented with 3 PP. This means I can make 3 attacks dealing an additional 1d8 points of damage, right?

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2013, 08:48:40 AM »
As I read I, every pp increases the duration by one round. If you were able to make more than 1 attack per round, each attack would benefit from hammer.

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2013, 08:55:53 AM »
As I read I, every pp increases the duration by one round. If you were able to make more than 1 attack per round, each attack would benefit from hammer.

Yeah... I was taking into account that I can't make more than one attack per round at my current level  :P

Edit: also, I added a few more mantles in my old post...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 09:00:12 AM by Risada »

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2013, 09:25:08 AM »
Mantles look okay. I was just clarifying that Hammer could effect multiple targets in a round.