Author Topic: Black Camp  (Read 261390 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Black Camp
« on: December 03, 2013, 03:20:23 PM »
Your head is in pain.  You're body's not too hot either, but your head is what's really the issue here.  You can barely see straight.  And who turned off the lights?  Oh, you did.  Maybe you should open your eyes.

Well, that didn't help.  Any of your problems, really.  It's just as pitch black out, your head's pounding just as hard, and your entire being hasn't stopped being sore.  So what's going exactly?  Wouldn't it be great if you knew?  Wouldn't it be even better if you knew how you even got here?  Alas, your memories appear to be in as many shambles as the rest of you.

With a groan you slowly stand up and survey what of your surroundings you can.  You can see yourself, and that's about it.  You can't really tell where the light's coming from though.  There doesn't appear to be a sun or moon here.  Or even stars.  Honestly, you aren't even sure if where you are makes sense.  It feels like you're walking on some sort of ground, but it looks like you're floating in some sort of black void.

A groan emerges from behind you.  You spin around, a mistake in your current condition, and see someone else struggling to their feet.  Maybe they know what's going on?

Welcome to Fragments of You.  Card flips will be generated using CardChan.  Remember to use "Playing Cards" and not "Tarot Cards."  Be sure to link to your flips like this: "10 of Hearts."  If you have any questions on how to use the site, just message me.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 02:31:19 AM by Hanako Tachibana »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
Re: Black Void
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 04:18:53 PM »
"Hello?" I call out tentatively. "Do you know where we are?"
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 06:25:42 PM »
"What?  God, who are you?  I can't remember anything."  Louise takes a few steps around, trying to orient herself.  She might be able to walk off this pain, but it feels like she was hit by a truck.  "Jeez, it feels like I was hit by a truck." 

She reaches her arms out to try and see if she can find any sort of wall or boundary.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 01:40:27 AM by FelyxZephyr »
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 06:27:51 PM »
You do not feel any sort of wall or boundry.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 04:27:42 PM »
I crack various stiff joints. "My name's Becca, and I can't remember anything, either."

I try covering my eyes, letting them adjust to the darkness, and then taking my hand away, hoping to get a better sense of our surroundings.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 06:33:46 PM »
You have a very good sense of your surrounding.  Your surroundings are utterly empty.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 07:59:19 PM »
"Louise" the girl replies with a french flair.  That is, however, her only flourish as she looks around.  "Well, We cannot just stand here.  Come on.  We should look for something."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 01:40:41 AM by FelyxZephyr »
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 02:44:21 AM »
"Loise, nice to meet you. Hrm..."

I look around critically. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

I shrug. "Oh, well. Let's just go, then."

I pick a direction at random and walk in it.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 02:58:10 AM »
After about 10 minutes of walking in what you certainly hope is a single direction, you find yourself in an area that is completely and utterly the same as everywhere else you've been.  A pitch black, utterly featureless... wait, what's that?  Its so faint your eyes might be playing tricks on you, but there appears to be a light off in the distance.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 03:21:33 AM »
"Hey, Loise!" I call over my shoulder. "Either I'm crazy, or I think I see something!"

Crazy...shit!

I check to see if I'm wearing my backpack. I'm not.

"Fuck."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 11:11:03 PM »
Louise increases her pace.  "Let's go see what it is."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 01:40:09 AM by FelyxZephyr »
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 12:05:50 AM »
"Right," I say distractedly. "Yeah."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 12:19:23 AM »
"Something wrong?"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 12:22:24 AM »
I hesitate. "Just...missing something. Hopefully, it won't be important, but I feel vulnerable without it."

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 12:30:23 AM »
You get closer to the light and gradually begin to make out its form.  It looks like a small pillar of filigree darkness, almost like a cage, holding within it a faint light.  As you get closer, you notice... something at the base of the pillar.  It's... a figure?  Please make sight tests.

As this is the first test of the game, please be sure to draw two cards first to form your hand.  You may also want to calculate your Fate Points, which at this point should be 4.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 12:47:14 AM by Hanako Tachibana »

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, 01:02:51 AM »
Louise leers into the darkness with the magnitude of 17 spades
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 01:40:17 AM by FelyxZephyr »
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 12:32:23 AM »
Becca peers into the shadows.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 12:53:34 AM »
You can barely make out the figure of a green haired girl resting against the pillar.  She doesn't appear to have noticed you.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 01:25:19 AM by Hanako Tachibana »

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 01:05:13 AM »
"Hello?" I call out, walking closer. "Do you know where we are?"
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:09:24 AM by DonQuixote »

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 01:12:32 AM »
As you step into the pillar's light, you feel warmed and somehow slightly comforted.  As you call out, the girl's head jerks up.

???: Hello?  Are you actual people?  You have faces so...
???: Hello!  Sorry, I don't know where we are!  I don't know who I am...
???: Um, this light's nice though, isn't it?  It's warm, so feel free to sit by it with me!