Author Topic: [Mutants & Masterminds]Anyone up for a reality-hopping game?  (Read 7702 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [Mutants & Masterminds]Anyone up for a reality-hopping game?
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2014, 08:04:19 PM »
Ok, I am learning that PL and number of power points do not necessarily correlate. >_>
Hahahaha, they do. It's is kind of hard to track the exact points at the end of your build when you're trying to make small adjustments -- I think mine is off just a hair to (edit it was, my Will should've have been +11 but I aimed for +10, yeahee more skill ranks :p ) -- But most of the submissions really look like they are just plain made up to start with.

You get 15 points per PL.
Quote from: M&M 2nd, pg24
The campaign’s power level provides a guideline for how many power points you get to create your character (15 points per power level), as shown on the Starting Power Points table. The Gamemaster can vary the starting power points as desired to suit the campaign. You can find more on this in Chapter 9: Gamemastering.

Technically, you do earn +1 point per adventure, but it's assigned to you by the GM and I feel they were just too liberal with that. So they have massive PL ranges and point ranges too, M&M constantly reminds you of how easy it can break it's self, intentionally jacking your points up seems like it misses the point entirely.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:16:10 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2014, 09:05:50 PM »
Well, the first Doctor Strange (240 PP) build seems closest, so I'll see about modifying/reducing it to make it work for the general level we're looking for, and to get the feel I'm looking for.

--edit--
Found a PL10 build somewhere, so that should give me a good grounding point to find a middle-ground.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:01:27 PM by VennDygrem »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2014, 05:17:51 PM »
Sooo...

I hope Usa is still up for running things but we need more people.
brujon: PL11 female-and-crazy-like-your-ex Deadpool
Me: PL14 possibly-on-the-road-to-recovery D'Spayre
VennDygrem: PL14 Dr-Doogie-House-as Dr Strange (well maybe, looh-paas is a serious curse)

We need one more to start, go watch the age of Ultron trailer and come back pumped to play. Look, here is a PL12 Ironman that you could ask about adding Hulkbuster armor to. :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 05:19:48 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 03:49:22 AM »
Can we choose any PC from marvel comics?

http://marvel.wikia.com/Godzilla_%28Earth-616%29   0:)