Author Topic: Blood Palace (OOC)  (Read 71899 times)

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Palace (OOC)
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2014, 08:44:03 PM »
So it's even easier to find you. Just follow the line back to the point of origin!

Wait, what's that? No one's left to find you after you obliterated them? Oh well! I'll be out of sight if you need me.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2014, 08:47:08 PM »
If I can't see you, how do I avoid blowing you up too?

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2014, 08:55:46 PM »

I take this as a serious question because oh my gawd did somebody get so incredibly butthurt in a game once when they were playing a super-sneak that I and the rest of the party was literally was incapable of seeing and they happened to move into an area I was planning to blast with an AoE. And then fell into negatives and nearly died because botched saves on my blast. And I'll all like "Dood, this entire table knows I couldn't have prevented something I had no idea was gonna happen because you darkstalkered into the middle of the fcking enemy camp by yourself way before any of the rest of the melees you are suppose to need to flank with for SA got close."

Since then, I've since realized this is actually a big problem between melee sneaks and AoE focused blasters in regards to teamwork and coordination -_-'
But I just can't bring myself to metagame into avoiding allies I need an impossible spot check to see  :lmao

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2014, 09:05:37 PM »
Metagaming to avoid blasting people in your line of fire makes even less sense when the character's response would, basically, be "We need a replacement thief".

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2014, 09:10:26 PM »
It doesn't help the fact that I'm playing a supa arrogant bastard and half the party is 'evil' while the other half is 'questionable' and one guy is 'good, but only when compared to the rest of the party'.

In a game that abandoned the actual alignment system :3

But I digress. That wasn't my point, that's just me rambling~

I wish I could have another custom item of some kind of Profane bonus to my saves just so I can call it and toss out the last of my money.
I don't need some Pectoralturnedintoabelt of Maneuverability unless I could get the greater one and I can't ;)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2014, 09:15:04 PM »
Also, I am a Sailor Moon villain.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2014, 09:32:36 PM »
I'm done with gear (and thus actually almost done with my character).

I'm a ranged guy who actually grants immunities to people within 20 feet of me...

Also, I'm hoping that I can just ignore carrying capacity concerns (within reason).  Having level 20 gear with a strength of 10 makes me a little wary...

Offline ksbsnowowl

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Warrior Skald, teller of tales.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2014, 11:01:37 PM »
Having a high movement speed and not having Good or better maneuverability (or some other means to hover) could be a downer.  If you have a 750 ft flight speed, and no method of hovering, you HAVE to move 375 feet every round, or fall.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2014, 11:04:03 PM »
30' perfect. :T

I AM SLOW.

Except I can choose to be fast after unleashing laser doom!

... and... Sungrazer.

What the fuck am I supposed to do with a maneuver that moves me 17 miles the first level I can ever use it?

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2014, 11:20:45 PM »

Because, when I hide, I am literally not considered to be on the battlefield anymore. ;)

The downside is that once I do that I also can't benefit from anything on the battlefield, and can't even show up until the next round; but hey, at least I didn't get hit for 300d6 damage!

Though, if I did, then I could rebound that onto any enemies within 30 feet of me.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:33:45 PM by VennDygrem »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2014, 12:13:24 AM »
Because, when I hide, I am literally not considered to be on the battlefield anymore. ;)
That beats my +50 Reflex Bonus, how'd you do that?

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2014, 12:20:22 AM »
Paragon Infiltration, a Greater Excellence from the Paragon class.

Quote from: Paragon Infiltration
Paragon Infiltration: You need Paragon Stealth or Paragon Manipulation to pick this Greater Excellence. When traveling, you don't need to specify where your character is as long as you don't take any specific actions. At any moment during an ally's turn, you may show up in any position in that ally's field of view and act on his iniative before rolling your own. You were there all along! Whenever you sucesfully hide again, you may “disapear” once more in your own turn as a move action, but cannot “appear” again until the next round. In addition 1/round you may use a Sleight of Hand check instead of an attack roll or Physical Ability score check, and 1/round you may atempt to Feint an enemy as a free action.

That class is also the reason I count as Gargantuan for all beneficial purposes despite my Small size, and why at the start of each combat I'm going to be granting everyone in our party a free more or 'non-offensive' swift action as soon as Initiative is rolled, among other things (like providing free Haste for everyone). :D

It's my favorite class for its versatility. It's not perfect for every situation or every build, but it's definitely got some great potential built in there (pun intended).

------
Also, as a side note, due to my Aura of Retribution (jovoc racial ability), I'll actually want to get hit by a lot of attacks and effects, which is one reason I was fretting over how high to let my AC or saves get. I figured, I can always choose to let something through, but I can't always choose not to. Plus, anything coming from outside my range isn't going to help me. Technically, I could easily get my AC up over 10 more points, but I don't see the point in doing so.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 12:24:11 AM by VennDygrem »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2014, 05:26:50 AM »
Having a high movement speed and not having Good or better maneuverability (or some other means to hover) could be a downer.  If you have a 750 ft flight speed, and no method of hovering, you HAVE to move 375 feet every round, or fall.

It's called aim for the bad guys and cast Statue.

Have you seen the falling object rules lately?  :lmao

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2014, 05:28:49 AM »

I AM SLOW.

... and... Sungrazer.

What the fuck am I supposed to do with a maneuver that moves me 17 miles the first level I can ever use it?

Make damn sure you're the only survivor of the assured TPK this game will land on quickly  :plotting

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2014, 09:37:34 AM »

I AM SLOW.

... and... Sungrazer.

Make damn sure you're the only survivor of the assured TPK this game will land on quickly  :plotting

I can only use Sungrazer if I have more allies than there are enemies.

Why're you worrying about a TPK? You just reform down below. :lmao

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2014, 10:10:14 AM »
One of my tactics is going to be using a wand of Blockade to create something to hide behind and 'disappear' (and then having enemies thinking, "Oh, he must be behind that big block of wood, where else could he be? WHAT?! Where is he? How could this be?!"), though I've been thinking that since the block of wood sticks around for 3 rounds, I could easily use it as a weapon, too. It's 2000 lbs. of wood, and I can easily carry it without breaking a sweat. There's really no comparable weapon to get the damage stats for it, so it's got to default to whatever's closest. I'm guessing Greatclub, and since items are 2 sizes smaller than the creature they're ideally suited for, and the cube is 5'x5'x5', it counts as a medium object; therefore, it would most likely deal 3d8 damage as just a giant bashing instrument.

However, if you throw it into the air or drop it from above, it does way more damage than that due to its weight. *shrug*

Offline Frogman55

• I'm not very new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2014, 12:45:06 PM »

I AM SLOW.

I'm not any faster. 30' perfect, and no real tools to speed things up. Unless I can use UMD to fake a spell list for Runestaffs, I'm out of luck too.

Of course, your sci-fi refugee has inspired me, too. I can soul jar ayn awakened Helmed Horror or Iron-body lich and then I can be a crazy, evil Vorlon! Alternatively, a Dragon Ghost (or possibly a Dracolich) cohort could easily solve my speed & utility worries.   :evillaugh

Hey Os: two questions: what happens to an incorporeal body that casts magic jar? Also, how do you feel about undead leadership? I promise that I'll mostly just use it for an undead mount of some sort, and I can keep my hordes of undead mobs in Thanatos. Then if I want to [ab]use them I'll need to gate them in. And if you think It's inappropriate, well, Orcus can just prevent the gate from opening.  0:)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 02:13:12 PM by Frogman55 »

Offline Frogman55

• I'm not very new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2014, 09:53:22 AM »
Actually, now that I've slept on it, scratch undead leadership. I don't think I wanna open that can of maggots. If I want a containment suit, I'll just magic jar something with full plate.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2014, 12:34:47 AM »
Can we get the objectives list again in the OP?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2014, 09:42:01 AM »
Done, they're in the first post of this thread.

Also seems like I managed to kill most interest in this campaign with just 1 IC post. Go me!

Also, I'm hoping that I can just ignore carrying capacity concerns (within reason).  Having level 20 gear with a strength of 10 makes me a little wary...

As long as you aren't trying to carry your personal shop or anything (couldn't you afford some gauntlets of ogre strength or an handy haversack?). :p