Author Topic: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!  (Read 130708 times)

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
Re: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 10:46:18 PM »
Its not a regular Crowdfunding thing, but the crowd is welcome to fund it :D

You can now get your own person Original Martyr StonesĀ© at my Etsy store www.MartyrStones.com
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 02:29:46 PM »
Powernap: Volume 2 (Funding ends October 14th) - This one is on Idiegogo for those who don't use kickstarter.  It's for a webcomic that I like enough that I'd be willing to pay for a physical copy of it (check it out if nothing else).  You're paying for the new book (and also volume 1 if you want it).  Also free international shipping!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2015, 07:49:14 PM »
FIRE & BONE 3: Tiny, Digitally Captured, Metal Animal Skulls (Funding ends October 14th) - Have you ever been interested in owning a small metal replica of an animal skull (or in the case of this particular kickstarter a HUMAN SKULL)?  If so, check this out.  The company and their products are pretty good, I have a pair of wolf skull cufflinks from one of their previous kickstarters.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2015, 04:34:16 PM »
The Lost Lands: The Northlands Saga Complete (Funding ends October 1st) - A pretty cool looking Nordic adventure path for Pathfinder and the Swords of Wizardry ruleset by Frog God Games.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 12:49:35 PM »
I'm sure that anybody who reads this thread is probably already aware of the situation since the two threads are literally right next to each other right now, but a fellow board member needs our help.

Lycanthromancer is in trouble.  If anyone can help him, please do.  He's trying to get his life back together and I know that a lot of us understand just how hard that can be.

Offline Lycanthromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2015, 12:46:20 AM »
I'm sure that anybody who reads this thread is probably already aware of the situation since the two threads are literally right next to each other right now, but a fellow board member needs our help.

Lycanthromancer is in trouble.  If anyone can help him, please do.  He's trying to get his life back together and I know that a lot of us understand just how hard that can be.
Thanks for posting this for me, man. You're awesome.

While I'm here, I wanted to draw some attention to an idea Solo had that could help me help myself. I outlined it in this thread. I know I have a bit of renown around here and elsewhere in the gaming community, and I'd like a chance to try for something big.

Anybody who wants to discuss it with Solo and me is more than welcome.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2015, 06:36:28 PM »
Battletech (Funding ends November 3rd) - A game set in the battletech universe (mech combat, check it out).  This is the same company that's done the new Shadowrun games and they've got some long planned stretch goals to make the game better.  Look into it.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 01:25:26 AM »
Spellbook Gaming Boxes (Funding ends November 6) - Are you tired of boring fake looking book boxes (boxes shaped to look like books, not boxes for your books)?  If so, check this out.  There are a lot of customization opens and it will come with a foam insert in case you want to use it to store your Magic cards or miniatures or whatever else.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 03:17:38 PM »
Calamityware dinner plate 8 (Funding ends October 28) - This guy makes high quality plates in the blue willow style except there's always a large calamty (thus the name).  Check it out.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2015, 12:04:41 PM »
I've got a handful this time.

Monkey House Games Legal Battle - This one's on Indiegogo.  Basically, Jeff Dee (if you know who that is) and company made a game (Villains and Vigilantes) in 1979.  Then the publishing company ceased to exist so the creators decided to release a new edition since publishing rights reverted to them.  Now the former president of the company that no longer exists is suing for trademark infringement.  I hate bullshit like this.

Friday the 13th: The Game (Funding ends November 13th) - I'm on the fence about this one.  On the one hand, the game looks and sounds pretty awesome.  On the other hand, I never play asymmetric mutiplayer games (1 big guy vs mutlple normal people like Depth or Evolve).

(The Awesome & Mighty) Machu Picchu Dice (Funding ends November 26) - I'll admit, I have a thing for dice.  Especially cool or unique dice.  I've backed a couple of dice kickstarters already and they've been hit-or-miss for me.  However, these dice look amazing!  If you're looking for awesome stone d6's with silver and stone/shell inlay then check these out.

Kill Doctor Lucky (Funding ends November 13th) - Please note: This isn't the Paizo version of the game.  Publishing rights have reverted back to Cheapass Games (a pretty damn awesome company that I'm surprised that I haven't mentioned before.  (Check them out.)  If you haven't played it before, think of it as the precursor to Clue.  You and the other players run around a mansion trying to Kill Doctor Lucky without being caught by the other player's.  It's a lot of fun!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2015, 12:25:36 PM »
SMBC has a Kickstarter for their new book (Funding ends November 18th) - If you aren't familiar with this webcomic, go check it out.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2015, 09:38:03 PM »
"Star Ship" art prints (Funding ends November 20th) - A really nice art print.  Take a look.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2015, 04:25:14 PM »
Megalixir (Funding ends November 7th) - Have you ever wanted video game inspired display pieces?  Are you tired of art prints and looking for something a little different such as a deku nut or a fairy in a bottle or one of 10 other physical rewards (there are 12 total, plus a digital one, plus some combo tiers)?  Check this out, it's both pretty and cool.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2015, 01:27:38 AM »
Bring Back MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 (Funding ends December 12th) - The creator of MST3K wants to make a new season of the show with the hopes of it getting picked up by a major network again.  Other than that, pretty self explanatory.

Offline Lycanthromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2015, 10:34:58 PM »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2015, 11:18:10 PM »
AKO Dice II (Funding ends December 16th) - In case you missed the first one.  Also new dice.

Eternity Photos - your memories impressed on marble forever (Funding ends December 17th) - Name is pretty self-explanatory.  It's a very interesting concept.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2015, 12:10:11 PM »
Secret Hitler (Funding ends December 23rd) - A hidden identity game by the same people who made Cards against Humanity.  Set in 1930's Germany.  And someone is secretly Hitler.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2016, 09:25:41 PM »
I feel like I've been neglecting this thread.

Champagne (and strawberries!) Cthulhu (Funding ends January 18th) - A romantic themed Lovecraft inspired set of art prints.

Dungeons On Demand: Volume 3 - 5E DnD Dungeon Adventures (Funding ends February 5) - Pretty self-explanatory.

H.P. Lovecraft: Cthulhu Mythos Great Old Ones Idols (Funding ends January 31) - Cthulhu mythos statues for display purposes.

The Burning Wheel Codex (Funding ends February 5) - This is a Burning Wheel expansion, again pretty self-explanatory.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2016, 11:57:56 PM »
The Burning Wheel Codex (Funding ends February 5) - This is a Burning Wheel expansion, again pretty self-explanatory.

I backed this. If only I could convince my group to play Burning Wheel  :rolleyes
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2016, 11:07:15 AM »

I backed this. If only I could convince my group to play Burning Wheel  :rolleyes

I've never played it and have never looked at the system but I thought it was appropriate for the board so there it is.   :p