Author Topic: The Dungeon Level  (Read 41399 times)

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
Re: The Dungeon Level
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 06:31:34 PM »
While the Gnome goes about arranging for his breakfast to be sent down to him, Gorbug walks calmly to the lizard and takes its head in his hands. Rolling over to its belly, the beast sits there calmly with its head in the kneeling Half-orc's lap for quite some time. Afterward, the lizard appears to have calmed a bit and licked its wounds.

Gorbug then begins to talk to the beast, and to your surprise it responds back to him. He asks things like "What have you hunted," and, "Where did you sleep?" All the while this Half-orc never moved, he just sat with the lizard's head on his lap asking questions.

Presumably finished, Gorbug stands up and says, "The Talon Clan have a camp near a forest deep within the mountain. This one's rider led it here after days of travel. He prefers raw meat. Let's go find him some."
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2015, 06:46:02 PM »
While the Gnome goes about arranging for his breakfast to be sent down to him, Gorbug walks calmly to the lizard and takes its head in his hands. Rolling over to its belly, the beast sits there calmly with its head in the kneeling Half-orc's lap for quite some time. Afterward, the lizard appears to have calmed a bit and licked its wounds.

Gorbug then begins to talk to the beast, and to your surprise it responds back to him. He asks things like "What have you hunted," and, "Where did you sleep?" All the while this Half-orc never moved, he just sat with the lizard's head on his lap asking questions.

Presumably finished, Gorbug stands up and says, "The Talon Clan have a camp near a forest deep within the mountain. This one's rider led it here after days of travel. He prefers raw meat. Let's go find him some."

"What do you know of this Talon Clan, Gorbug?", inquires Sythaeryn. "Are they friend or foe?"
Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2015, 07:06:12 PM »
"Just their clan symbol and a few rumors. Smarter than their swamp-dwelling cousins. Active trade with the surface world. Kill trespassers on sight.

Probably more foe than friend, but they are reasonable and willing to trade for supplies."
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:08:05 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline Divalo

• Gnoob
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 04:59:52 PM »
Well provisioned and grateful of the brief respite the Yawning Portal afforded him.  Wiltix hops off the rope seat and takes brief account of his gear.  He wrestles with a burlap sack in his left hand for a moment before giving the rope a tug.  Then casts a fleeting gaze up the shaft as the seat ascends before turning towards the half-orc now seated with the lizard. 

“I see your scaly friend is looking no worse for wear after a rest.  Though I dare not get as close as you.  The beast may have a streak of revenge in it for damage done to him or his master.”  Wiltix eyes the corridor he entered this chamber from earlier.  “Perhaps this will persuade it otherwise”  he says tossing the sack to the half-orc.  “Found a chicken that hadn’t yet made its way to the pot.”

“Now lets see where were we?  Ah yes, introductions.  I believe I’ve told you my name, Wiltix Thistledun of… well, another hole in the ground far from here you’re not like to have heard of and you are…?”
You know where you are!?  You in the Myrkviðr baby!  You gonna diiiiiiiiiieee!

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 03:28:21 PM »
The elf in the slightly oversized gray wizard's robe turns to address the gnome.

"Well met Wiltix Thistledun of another hole in the ground. I am Melisander Kelerandri of Evereska, graduate of the Academy of Arcanum. You appear trustworthy, perhaps you can join us in our exploration of this underground labyrinth."

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2015, 12:17:52 AM »
"Yes, yes, we've decided not to kill each other.  I'm Gorbug and this is my party of magical Elves.  Now can we please..."

The Half-Orc wasn't able to complete his sentence when a scurrying sound from the hallway behind Wiltix attracts everyone's attention.  Something is moving about and it appears to be coming this way!

(click to show/hide)

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2015, 12:53:04 AM »
Myrielle scowls at Gorbug's remark.

"hey don't be so condescending i mean i got here by magic and i can cast a spell or two but i'm not just a sorceress i mean i can hold my own with a blade remember that ogre with the dagger in its face and i bet i'm smarter than you too so there but i do agree with you that we should get moving i mean we're open targets right now and times wasting although i think not a fast as it was wasting when i was in the fey realm because i'm pretty sure i lost a couple years but everything here is really quite different so i don't even know if i'm in the same plane i started in which is why we should find the fey in the underground forest and then maybe i can figure out where i need to go but i told you this already huh or was it just Melisander i don't remember anymore but anyway i'm with the big guy can we get moving?"
Myrielle: "I think you're worth the trouble, even if the others don't."

You know life sucks when you get a back-handed compliment from a seven year old.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2015, 12:25:40 AM »
Some time in between the Elf's stream of consciousness, the reek of death begins to permeate the room as a rotting corpse shambles around the corner seeking to slate its unending hunger on the flesh of the living.  It appears to be the corpse of a humanoid adventurer, judging by the tattered leather armor.

Unfortunately for Wiltix, his is the nearest beating heart to the creature; which lumbers forth to get itself a taste of Gnome flesh.  It succeeds in tearing away some skin from Wiltix's shoulder, feverishly thrusting it into its mouth as if it hadn't eaten in several lifetimes.  Black ichor drips from its jaws as it reaches for more...

As the flesh is torn from his body, Wiltix curses under his breath and his attacker spontaneously erupts in flame. If the creature were capable of learning, it might think twice about attacking the Gnome again.

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 12:06:58 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 12:14:22 AM »
Some time in between the Elf's stream of consciousness, the reek of death begins to permeate the room as a rotting corpse shambles around the corner seeking to slate its unending hunger on the flesh of the living.  It appears to be the corpse of a humanoid adventurer, judging by the tattered leather armor.

Unfortunately for Wiltix, his is the nearest beating heart to the creature; which lumbers forth to get itself a taste of Gnome flesh.  It succeeds in tearing away some skin from Wiltix's shoulder, feverishly thrusting it into its mouth as if it hadn't eaten in several lifetimes.  Black ichor drips from its jaws as it reaches for more...

(click to show/hide)

While raising his shield to protect himself, Sythaeryn begins gesturing with his free hand and points at the zombie.

"Incendo!"

As if lighting a candle, a flame appears above the zombie and engulfs it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2015, 01:31:26 AM »
The foul undead creature winces at the sight of the Sacred Flame, unable to escape the burning wrath of the gods.  It makes another attempt at removing some of Wiltix's flesh, but it appears to be having some difficulty.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 12:07:32 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline Divalo

• Gnoob
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2015, 04:47:02 PM »
Waves of pain and disgust surge through Wiltix as he exclaims "gahhh, when the gods put teeth in your mouth they ruined a perfectly good asshole you putrid bastard!"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2015, 05:13:51 PM »
The blind hunger of the creature has apparently made it too dense to be so easily insulted.

(click to show/hide)

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2015, 12:43:32 PM »
"See I told you, why did we have to just stand here?"  Myrielle whines.

Then her voice grows dark as she calls upon her arcane talent.  "Arcum Ignus!"

(click to show/hide)
Myrielle: "I think you're worth the trouble, even if the others don't."

You know life sucks when you get a back-handed compliment from a seven year old.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2015, 01:41:51 PM »
The Elf sneezed during the casting of the Fire Bolt, causing it to fire way off the intended course. It still managed to hit the zombie, however.

(click to show/hide)

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2015, 05:32:04 PM »
Melisander nods at the owl and it takes off from his shoulder, heading straight for the zombie. It stops just short and flutters it's wings before circling away for another pass. In the meantime, the wizard gestures his hands toward the undead creature softly speaking the words, "pilin naur". A bolt of fiery energy shoots forth from his headband aimed at the zombie.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2015, 06:45:54 PM »
The flames burn the rotting flesh of the creature to the bone, but it refuses to give up on unlife so easily. Charred and smoking, it continues its assault.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2015, 08:38:27 PM »
Again Sythaeryn gestures with his free hand, points at the zombie, and says, "Incendo"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Divalo

• Gnoob
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2015, 10:05:44 PM »
Wincing and clutching his shoulder Wiltix exclaims "there's something latched onto it's leg..."

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2015, 12:42:29 AM »
At the Cleric's command, holy fire erupts from above the undead creature.  You almost hear the mindless creature shriek when the holy flames roast its putrid flesh and this time burn it to cinders.  The charred, smoking clothing is all that remains of the zombie.

Another shriek is heard as the flames spread down to the zombie's feet.  Apparently, it was held by a half-dozen arm-length tentacles.  As the Searing Flame burned the zombie to ash, it apparently singed whatever was holding it.  The shrieking continues as this new creature emerges from behind the corner of the corridor and enters the room, intent on retrieving its meal.  Since the meal it followed here is no longer available, it will settle for eating the other creatures that remain...creatures that have injured it.

It appears to be a large dog-sized insect of some sort, with two antennae, large multifaceted eyes, and hundreds of tiny legs underneath a wormlike body.  Surrounding the pincers that constitute its mouth are a series of long grasping tentacles.

The nearest creature is smaller than the others.  Young are slower and easier to catch than fully-grown prey.  Many tentacles reach out to grab hold of the Gnome, closing in to biting distance for good measure.  The tentacles grab hold, and the pincers bite down on the Gnome's soft flesh.

Seeing the creature, Gorbug yells, "KILL IT QUICKLY!" before flying into a rage and attacking.  His greataxe lands squarely in the creature's back, causing even more shrieking to follow the ichor splayed all over the place.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:20:55 AM by Gnomeo »

Offline Divalo

• Gnoob
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2015, 01:06:42 AM »
Reeling back from the bite Wiltix points at the tentacled mass swarming him and hollers "IALPON!!"

(click to show/hide)