Author Topic: The Dungeon Level  (Read 41437 times)

Offline Divalo

• Gnoob
    • View Profile
Re: The Dungeon Level
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2015, 02:17:21 AM »
Still channeling a mix of pain and fury Wiltix balls his left hand into a fist then shoots it straight at the insect attacking him muttering "Lonsa Ors" between his teeth as cracking energy shoots from his outstretched fingers

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:40:31 AM by Divalo »
You know where you are!?  You in the Myrkviðr baby!  You gonna diiiiiiiiiieee!

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2015, 05:33:26 PM »
The creature's flailing tentacles proved to be enough to disrupt the Gnome's concentration and divert his aim safely away from harm.

(click to show/hide)
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2015, 11:07:01 AM »
Myrielle gulps and takes a step back before composing herself and casting her spell again.

"Arcum Ignus!"

(click to show/hide)
Myrielle: "I think you're worth the trouble, even if the others don't."

You know life sucks when you get a back-handed compliment from a seven year old.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2015, 04:32:39 PM »
If something could be read from the multifaceted eyes of the creature, fear would be the first that comes to mind. The tentacles have ceased their flailing. It looks like it's prepared to run, something it is unfamiliar with.

(click to show/hide)

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2015, 11:30:30 AM »
The owl swoops toward the creature, remaining just outside of its grasping tentacles as Melisander channels another bolt of arcane fire at the monster.

"Pilin naur!"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2015, 12:14:18 PM »
The creature slumps to the floor of the room, ichor seeping out from the many wounds inflicted.

Gorbug takes a moment to compose himself, and says, "That could have been bad for us. Well done."

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2015, 12:30:13 PM »
Melisander carefully walks over to the dead creature and examines the examines the body. He attempts to draw upon knowledge from his thousands of hours spent at the library, poring over ancients texts, to determine if he has ever read about something like this.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2015, 12:47:10 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2015, 11:35:01 PM »
The creature slumps to the floor of the room, ichor seeping out from the many wounds inflicted.

Gorbug takes a moment to compose himself, and says, "That could have been bad for us. Well done."

"You are most correct. The tentacles release some sort of paralyzing poison when they grasp you. Perhaps we should keep moving before more come our way."

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2015, 05:08:59 PM »
Looking down at the Gnome, Gorbug says, "I think we should get this one cleaned up before we go, but I'm also eager to get going."

Offline Divalo

• Gnoob
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2015, 01:32:21 PM »
Peering up beyond the throbbing wound on his should at the Half-Orc, "Yes, it could have been bad.  A few moments to catch my breath and I'll be ready to proceed." Then pausing to consider... "Perhaps someone else would enjoy taking point.  Someone a touch meatier..."

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2015, 07:49:19 PM »
Looking at the other members of the party, Gorbug chuckles a little bit before saying, "Well I guess that's me."  He waits for the Gnome to catch his breath, and promptly marches down the corridor.

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2015, 12:24:59 AM »
Looking at the other members of the party, Gorbug chuckles a little bit before saying, "Well I guess that's me."  He waits for the Gnome to catch his breath, and promptly marches down the corridor.

With bow in hand, Sythaeryn follows Gorbug down the corridor. Looking behind him he says, "Come friends. Let us begin our journey lest you want to be come a meal for the next creature venturing by."
Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2015, 03:16:36 PM »
Myrielle walks over to the remains of the two creatures and says, "Do you think we should see if there's anything we could use?  Is it grave robbing if the corpse has left the grave?  What about these coins I found?  Does anyone want to carry them?  Do you mind if I put them in my pack for now?  I think we can figure out the counting part later, right?  Where are you going?  Shouldn't we have a plan?  Or is moving the plan for now?"

Heading down the corridor, you find Gorbug at the entrance to the room where you encountered the Ogres. 

Two broad steps lead down into a widening room crowded with a forest of stone pillars. Archways can be seen in its northern, western, and southern walls. Something metallic glints on the floor, among the many stone pillars.  A pair of large corpses lay on the floor of the room near the western and southern exits.

As you approach the room, you hear Gorbug pointing at each exit in turn, seemingly in the middle of a conversation with himself, "...catch a tiger by the toe, if it hollers, let it go, eeny, meeny, miney, moe."  He settles on the southern passage.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:52:11 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2015, 11:45:41 AM »
Myrielle walks over to the remains of the two creatures and says, "Do you think we should see if there's anything we could use?  Is it grave robbing if the corpse has left the grave?  What about these coins I found?  Does anyone want to carry them?  Do you mind if I put them in my pack for now?  I think we can figure out the counting part later, right?  Where are you going?  Shouldn't we have a plan?  Or is moving the plan for now?"

Heading down the corridor, you find Gorbug at the entrance to the room where you encountered the Ogres. 

Two broad steps lead down into a widening room crowded with a forest of stone pillars. Archways can be seen in its northern, western, and southern walls. Something metallic glints on the floor, among the many stone pillars.  A pair of large corpses lay on the floor of the room near the western and southern exits.

As you approach the room, you hear Gorbug pointing at each exit in turn, seemingly in the middle of a conversation with himself, "...catch a tiger by the toe, if it hollers, let it go, eeny, meeny, miney, moe."  He settles on the southern passage.

"Gorbug, careful going down that passage. There was a lot of activity there when I was down here last", says Sythaeryn.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:52:51 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2015, 12:55:20 PM »
"Good, I'd hate for this passage to be boring with no loot.  Unless someone has a better plan?"

Offline Divalo

• Gnoob
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2015, 08:11:45 PM »
After cutting a strip of cloth from his robe and tying it snugly around his shoulder wound Wiltix says: "Though the choice of direction was seemingly divined by what I take for a children's rhyme, I'll not argue with your logic." He slings his staff over the opposite shoulder in favor of the cross bow,  "Lets be prepared for what may come next" and follows behind the half orc towards the southern passage.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:26:01 PM by Divalo »

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2015, 01:27:59 AM »
Satisfied with the response, Gorbug leads the lizard down the southern hallway.  He stops roughly 10 feet in and picks up something from the floor; testing it with his teeth.  Raising it up, he says, "See?  A gold piece.  This way will bring us luck."  He then places it in a pocket of his cutoff trousers and continues on.

Another 10 feet down the hallway, and Gorbug begins a flurry of movement.  Smoke begins to erupt from somwhere near his waistline, and the smell of cooking meat fills the air.  After a moment, the coin drops out of Gorbug's trousers and falls to the floor.  The coin became white hot and bright enough to illuminate the area, sending shadows of the Half-Orc across the walls and ceiling.  A few moments pass, and the coin becomes so hot that it actually melts through the stone floor and falls out of sight, leaving a small hole behind it.

Eyeing the coin-sized hole in his trousers, Gorbug says, "Maybe not so lucky."  With that, he continues down the hallway.  A short walk later the corridor comes to a t-intersection, opening to your left and continuing straight ahead.  Seeing nothing coming down the current hallway, Gorbug peeks around the corner as an arrow glances off the stone wall next to him!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:49:25 AM by Gnomeo »

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2015, 11:54:27 AM »
Satisfied with the response, Gorbug leads the lizard down the southern hallway.  He stops roughly 10 feet in and picks up something from the floor; testing it with his teeth.  Raising it up, he says, "See?  A gold piece.  This way will bring us luck."  He then places it in a pocket of his cutoff trousers and continues on.

Another 10 feet down the hallway, and Gorbug begins a flurry of movement.  Smoke begins to erupt from somwhere near his waistline, and the smell of cooking meat fills the air.  After a moment, the coin drops out of Gorbug's trousers and falls to the floor.  The coin became white hot and bright enough to illuminate the area, sending shadows of the Half-Orc across the walls and ceiling.  A few moments pass, and the coin becomes so hot that it actually melts through the stone floor and falls out of sight, leaving a small hole behind it.

Eyeing the coin-sized hole in his trousers, Gorbug says, "Maybe not so lucky."  With that, he continues down the hallway.  A short walk later the corridor comes to a t-intersection, opening to your left and continuing straight ahead.  Seeing nothing coming down the current hallway, Gorbug peeks around the corner as an arrow glances off the stone wall next to him!

(click to show/hide)

"No, it's lucky. YOU found the trap", counters Sythaeryn as he nocks an arrow to his bow.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:58:24 AM by Kazgaroth »

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2015, 12:44:18 AM »
Moving around to peer down the corridor, Sythaeryn sees the assailant: a Goblin armed with a shortbow.  He's cheering, as if the near miss was worthy of some prestige.  Somewhere down the corridor, his cheer is met with more voices.

(click to show/hide)