Author Topic: The Dungeon Level  (Read 41447 times)

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
Re: The Dungeon Level
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2015, 03:25:12 PM »
Myrielle says, "Someone should check out the statue, right? Would you mind waiting here, please, while I search it?"

She moves cautiously across the cobblestone floor, pausing once or twice to check for signs of danger. Seeing none, she continues to the archway that leads to the room with the statue. Peeking around the frame of the archway, she looks up at the mouth of the statue and says, "Is that a wand? Maybe a rod? Why would someone put it there? As a trap, maybe?"

She tosses a loose some into the room to see if there's a reaction. Hearing only a clattering on the floor, she proceeds into the room and examines the statue more closely. "Scrape marks on the ground mean this thing moves, right? But isn't it a good idea to remove the mouth thing first?"

Without waiting for a response, she climbs up the side of the statue and gently removes the item from the mouth. A few things happen then: Brightly-colored arcs of arcane energy explode outward from the item in all directions at once, the room begins to glow with a blinding light, and both the statue and Myrielle disappear.

"Well, that was unexpected!", remarks Sythaeryn. Looking at the goblin, he asks, "Do you know anything about what just happened?"
Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2015, 03:48:58 PM »
The Goblin's eyes are as wide as yours are when it happens. As the shock wears off a bit, it looks at you and says, "Don't know where Elf go."
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2015, 11:55:07 PM »
The Goblin's eyes are as wide as yours are when it happens. As the shock wears off a bit, it looks at you and says, "Don't know where Elf go."

"Melisander, do you have any magic that can discern where Myrielle was taken to?" inquired Sythaeryn.

Offline Divalo

• Gnoob
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2015, 11:56:45 PM »
Wiltix regards the goblin for a moment.  Then walks within 2 feet of where the status and elf once were.  He turns his gaze to the now vacant spot searching for any clue that might explain their disappearance. 
You know where you are!?  You in the Myrkviðr baby!  You gonna diiiiiiiiiieee!

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2015, 09:14:00 AM »
Dragging his attention from the now glowing room, Melisander turns to Sythaeryn and says, "It could be a great many things.  Disintegration and teleportation spring to mind.  Unfortunately, I am ill-equipped to investigate the phenomena at the present time.  Even if I were properly prepared, the amount of time a proper investigation would require would do the takative Elf a disservice.  If she survived the event, she is likely in dire need of assistance."

Hearing the Goblin's brief assertion, Wiltix believes that the statement as stated is true.  He can't help but wonder, however, if perhaps it knows more than that simple statement would suggest.  As he moves closer to the archway that leads to the statue room, each step closer slows his pace a little as the light becomes so bright it becomes difficult to advance.  It feels as though he's looking directly at the sun.  With his hand in front of him to deflect the brunt of it, he finds himself turning his head now and then to avoid the searing light.  From the archway he sees two things: the light appears to be emanating from where the statue stood, and there is indeed something under where the statue stood.  It is difficult to make out through the light, but a few cylindrical shapes can be seen laying in rows.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2015, 11:33:51 AM »
You're in the flooded room where the aquatic creatures attacked. You found a chest of loot and pulled out the more interesting items. There is a ramp leading out of the water and into a corridor.

The Goblin is floating face up in the water, breathing. It no longer appears to be bleeding out.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2015, 12:17:45 AM »
Gorbug glances around and notices the corridor.  Waiting until the items have been passed around, he grabs the chest and heavs it onto one shoulder.  Moving a bit slower, and making a great deal more noise, we wades through the water and starts toward the corridor leading out of the room.

"No way we're leaving this one behind," he says in passing.

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2015, 11:23:18 AM »
Gorbug glances around and notices the corridor.  Waiting until the items have been passed around, he grabs the chest and heavs it onto one shoulder.  Moving a bit slower, and making a great deal more noise, we wades through the water and starts toward the corridor leading out of the room.

"No way we're leaving this one behind," he says in passing.

Grinning, Sythaeryn follows behind Gorbug with bow in hand.

Offline Divalo

• Gnoob
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2015, 10:57:50 AM »
The gnome takes account of his belongings and once satisfied nothing was lost in the scuffle heads over to where the goblin is floating in the water.  He offers the end of his staff to assist the creature back to his feet and directs him to follow the orc and elf.  Wiltix makes sure to keep behind them as not to be offered a view of Gorbug's flash dance ass pants, and follows down the corridor. 

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2015, 10:45:44 AM »
Eager to get out of the wet environment, Melisander follows the half-orc up the ramp and out of the stagnant water. Before leaving the room, he waves his hands and gentle flames warm the air around his feet and legs, drying his robe and boots.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2015, 12:37:05 AM »
The corridor winds in a roughly southward direction, switching back on itself a few times before you come to a section of wall that is shorter than the rest.  In fact, you learn too late that it isn't a wall at all, but rather a makeshift barricade.  Behind the barricade is an Orc holding a string.  Before you have a chance to alert anyone, the Orc pulls the string and four hidden crossbows fire simultaneously.

Two bolts implant themselves in the large chest Gorbug is carrying.  Two more impale Sythaeryn.  Seeing that the two targets are still standing, and more coming down the hallway, the Orc drops his string and sprints down the hallway.  The corridor he took leads east, and there is also another corridor heading south.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 11:13:43 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2015, 01:15:34 AM »
The wizard stops well behind the commotion as he sees the cleric being impaled by the trap. Eyeing the orc that is now running away from the party, Melisander braces his arm against the wall, his eyes rolling up into his head as he goes into a trance. He speaks softly to the owl, "Follow the orc and show us the way ".

(click to show/hide)

Offline Divalo

• Gnoob
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2015, 12:23:45 PM »
The gnome advances past the barricade to the edge of the corridor the orc ran down.  Stopping at the corner with his right hand curled to a fist he readies a spell for any reinforcements that may come down the corridor.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2015, 08:58:54 AM »
The familiar takes wing from the perch on Melisander's shoulder, deftly navigating the corridors.  It flies past Wiltix, who stands ready in case more trouble rounds the corner.  Turning the corner itself, the owl can see the Orc just a short distance down the corridor.  The Orc appears to simply escape the predicament it is in.

Meanwhile, Gorbug drops the chest he was holding in a fit of anger.  He heads down the corridor in search of his attacker.  Ignoring the Gnome, he follows the Orc and can almost reach him...  Instead, he pulls a javelin and hefts it on the Orc's direction, though only slightly in its direction as the javelin sails over the Orc's shoulder.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:51:31 AM by Gnomeo »

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2015, 09:54:55 PM »
Grimacing in pain, Sythaeryn moves to the corner of the corridor opposite to Wiltix and takes aim with his bow.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2015, 12:59:19 AM »
The Orc leans forward and sprints down the hallway and around the far corner out of sight.  As he does so, Myrielle catches up with the rest of you.

"Since he ambushed us pretty good, don't you think him running like that is suspicious?  What could be waiting for us in the hallway?  Didn't our half-orc seem pretty capable at this stuff?  If that's true, why is he running blindly into battle like that?  Is that what we should be doing?  I don't see the same reaction coming from you guys, should I be worried?  Are we going to let him run off to is death?"

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 01:00:50 AM by Gnomeo »

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2015, 01:09:40 AM »
Melisander maintains his trance and sends a telepathic message to the owl, "keep the orc in sight". As the owl follows the orc, Melisander describes what he sees and hears to his party as best he can.

Offline Divalo

• Gnoob
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2015, 01:03:56 PM »
Wiltix allows the dark energy to defuse from his hands and rounds the corner calling to Gorbug.  "I would advise caution before barreling down the next corridor after that orc.  We could be playing into his hands, and being outwitted by an orc is an insult I'd prefer not to suffer."  The gnome advances 10 feet behind Gorbug and begins gathering dark energies to command against any threat coming from the corridor the orc fled to. 

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2015, 10:13:04 PM »
As the owl flies down the corridor to maintain visual distance, Gorbug pulls out another javelin as he runs toward the fleeing Orc.  Watching the Orc outpace him, the Barbarian hurls the javelin with frustration, which only increases as the javelin bounces off the wall of the corridor ahead.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2015, 12:38:44 AM »
Sythaeryn moves swiftly up to Gorbug and fires an arrow at the escaping orc...