Author Topic: Iron Siege Q&A  (Read 37528 times)

Offline Tshern

• The Clown Prince of Crime
  • DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Siege Q&A
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 02:53:15 PM »
So, can we get a complete list of disallowed epic spells/epic spell seeds?
No exhaustive compilation has been made. Moreover, the bulk of them were approved by me, so they should be put through the new DM anyway. Ask and you shall receive, they say.
Pian unohtuu aika ja tila
Ja nahkapeitto ja syyllisyys
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline TravelLog

• Honorary Mod
  • Gunslinger, Descendent of Eld
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 04:14:24 PM »
Does Trollbane(Dungeonscape) count as a poison for the purpose of poison immunity?

Yes. It even says that it "functions as injury poison." I know by RAW that means it isn't poison, but I mean, come on.

On this note: The use or possession of Aboleth Slime will result in falling rocks.

So, can we get a complete list of disallowed epic spells/epic spell seeds?
No exhaustive compilation has been made. Moreover, the bulk of them were approved by me, so they should be put through the new DM anyway. Ask and you shall receive, they say.

As Tshern said. Ask, and I'll answer.
Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 11:22:36 AM »
Can Prestige Paladin/Ranger be allowed? Prestige Bard already is.
Can Prestige Paladin be of the variant Paladin alignments, replacing abilities as the variants do?
(edit+)
Does a Deity have to worship a god(dess) for prestige classes that have that as a requirement?
Can the other party member worship the deity of the party?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:30:58 PM by Shadowmind »

Offline TravelLog

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 07:11:41 PM »
Can Prestige Paladin/Ranger be allowed? Prestige Bard already is.
Can Prestige Paladin be of the variant Paladin alignments, replacing abilities as the variants do?
(edit+)
Does a Deity have to worship a god(dess) for prestige classes that have that as a requirement?
Can the other party member worship the deity of the party?

Prestige Paladin/Ranger: Sure.
Variant Paladins: I guess so. Why not.
Deity worship: This depends. Which classes did you have in mind? For some, the deity is more relevant and specific than others.
Party Worship: Do you mean can they worship the same deity as you? I'm assuming for purposes of spells that affect followers of your deity?
Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 08:06:31 PM »

Prestige Paladin/Ranger: Sure.
Variant Paladins: I guess so. Why not.
Deity worship: This depends. Which classes did you have in mind? For some, the deity is more relevant and specific than others.
Party Worship: Do you mean can they worship the same deity as you? I'm assuming for purposes of spells that affect followers of your deity?

We have can have  DvR 18 between the member of the party. One member of the party could be up to a Greater Deity, so for a prestige class that has the requirement Deity:Wee Jas. or must worship a chaotic or evil deity. Couldn't being a Chaotic or Evil count?
Ruby Knight Vindicator, the sough after prestige class, has an adaption for making it other deities and change from Devoted Spirit to like Iron Heart or Tiger claw.

Offline Mixster

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 01:58:38 PM »
1. Was Thrallherd a goer?
2. How about Fusion?
3. How about Metamind?
4. How about Schism?
5. Epic Seed Foresee says it can be used to see the future and thus can be combined with the Epic Seed Transport to get you anywhere, does this work?
6. Can I make custom Epic spells out of the Epic Seeds in the epic level handbook?
This signature reserved for the first awesome quote!

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 04:38:23 PM »
Why needed? The party is limited at four characters. You can make all four regardless of Leadership or its relatives.

2. How about Fusion?
Should be.

3. How about Metamind?
Should be without Temporal iteration or whatever it is called.

4. How about Schism?
Should be.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline TravelLog

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 05:38:42 PM »
Allowed, but your party still can only be a maximum of 4 characters.

2. How about Fusion?
Allowed, as long as you don't use this in conjunction with the other tools to abuse having the thralls to destroy the action economy.

3. How about Metamind?
Allowed as long as you avoid temporal iteration and the other tricks.

4. How about Schism?
Allowed, see Fusion

5. Epic Seed Foresee says it can be used to see the future and thus can be combined with the Epic Seed Transport to get you anywhere, does this work?
It does.

6. Can I make custom Epic spells out of the Epic Seeds in the epic level handbook?
You can, but you need to run each one by me for approval.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:15:35 PM by TravelLog »
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline Mixster

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 05:43:56 PM »
Why needed? The party is limited at four characters. You can make all four regardless of Leadership or its relatives.

I want to fuse all of them into me with a shenanigan to get a bunch of actions to activate it all, then go directly to Dispater and cast multiple epic spells each round as a swift action.

I was planning on using temporal reiteration to get the duration high enough, now I just need to do some manifester level tricks to get my manifester level high enough that it will last long enough for the combat. (Hmm, actually a manifester level of 100 for 10 minutes should do it.)

It can get you into the Iron Tower, but not any specific location within it since "Space" in the Iron Tower doesn't operate normally. If you could somehow stabilize it or create a marker to teleport to, then you could go somewhere specific.
So you are allowing me no way of teleporting within the Infinite space that is the Iron Tower and still assume I can find a way to move about in there?

What if I had an Ex Ability that allowed me to negate any SU ability or Spell I didn't like? Would I then be able to teleport to any specific location within the tower as the epic spell says I can?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:46:02 PM by Mixster »

Offline TravelLog

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2011, 05:45:41 PM »
I'll put it this way: keep things within reason. If you want to fusion with a one or two beings, then I'll think about it. If you're trying for like a dozen epic spells a round however, try something else.
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline Mixster

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 05:52:36 PM »
I'll put it this way: keep things within reason. If you want to fusion with a one or two beings, then I'll think about it. If you're trying for like a dozen epic spells a round however, try something else.

Because casting a dozen epic spells at 5 times the level you normally get epic spells is really overpowered?

I thought the whole idea of this was an optimization challenge? Like a how high can you go without infinite loops. 100HD is a lot, and so is 18 points of Divine Rank. Casting a "dozen" epic spells/round should be a trivial task with this amount of HD.

Offline TravelLog

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 06:14:09 PM »
Fair enough actually. Allowed, but don't make me regret giving you the leash.
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2011, 07:16:59 PM »
Do we use the ECL of the standard version of the Mind Flayer for its psionic version as well?

Is gaining abilities using Mind Flayer Savant withing 1 or 2 CR of the level you would gain the specific Acquire Special Quality or Special Attack acceptable?

Offline TravelLog

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2011, 07:23:25 PM »
All Mind Flayers are psionic. I'm not sure what you're referring too. Links?

Give me specifics and we'll talk. Are you talking using it on Deities? At level 20? Level 30? The answer is highly dependent on what your intended use is.
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2011, 07:24:19 PM »
All Mind Flayers are psionic. I'm not sure what you're referring too. Links?

Give me specifics and we'll talk. Are you talking using it on Deities? At level 20? Level 30? The answer is highly dependent on what your intended use is.
I think he might mean Illithid Savant. It is an interesting prestige class indeed.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2011, 07:37:23 PM »
Illithid Savant is what I meant.
I mean it we get a the ability at ECL X, can we get an ability from a CR X+2 or less creature, like Immune to Force(Ex)(Wyrmling Force Dragon) at ECL 15, Tarrasque's regeneration at ECL 18, and so one.

The XPH adapts Mind Flayers to a true psionic version, was wonder if that adaption is usable and if it ECL changes.

Offline Mixster

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2011, 08:01:47 PM »
Wasn't Illithid Savant disallowed along with Beholder Mage, Planar Shepherd and Incantatrix?

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2011, 08:12:04 PM »
Wasn't Illithid Savant disallowed along with Beholder Mage, Planar Shepherd and Incantatrix?

There has been no mentioning of Illithid Savant until my question was posted.  Beholder Mage, Incantatrix, Planar Shepard has been banned. Behold Mage and Planar Shepard makes the action weeps bloody piercing tears.

Offline Mixster

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2011, 08:31:48 PM »

There has been no mentioning of Illithid Savant until my question was posted.  Beholder Mage, Incantatrix, Planar Shepard has been banned. Behold Mage and Planar Shepard makes the action weeps bloody piercing tears.
Shepherd yeah. But planar Bubble was allowed anyway, so there's that. However Dispater will likely make sure that it'll just be a nuclear arms race if you start messing with time traits and all that'll happen is you will grow infinitely old as the rest of the world only realizes a second has gone by.

Beholder Mage hardly helps at this level. Yeah it gives you one spell of each level up to 9 as a free action each round. But anything below 7th would probably be absolutely useless.

But you are right, I just assumed it was listed along with the other three, since it is generally thought of to be at a power level with them.

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »
Unless you allow Illithid Savants to eat the brains of other Illithid Savant savants or allow them access to already overpowerd monsters, compared to the other is fairly tame. It is still a truly powerful option, but with such limited spellcasting, it won't have that much power outside of gestalt or if allowing non-mind flayers entry into the class.
It still does rank up with Ur-priest and Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil though.
It can the epic progress of it have been allowed in back in the WotC challenge, but I'm not sure how far  it got pushed.