Author Topic: The Politics Thread v2  (Read 160677 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
The Politics Thread v2
« on: September 09, 2015, 01:24:05 AM »
We needed a new one

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
Re: The Politics Thread v2
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 01:40:43 AM »
Yay a new one!

Here is a sacrificial lamb, Chris Christie trying his hardest not to become president.
Mudada.

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 01:51:07 AM »
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 02:44:39 AM »
ohio is hell incarnate, sorry bhu  :P

Is okay you think it wouldn't bother me anymore...

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 03:01:34 AM »
ohio is hell incarnate, sorry bhu  :P

Is okay you think it wouldn't bother me anymore...

So would you say you're in Baator, the Abyss, or god forbid Hades?  I need to know if I need to pack cold iron or silver.
Mudada.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 03:02:18 AM »
plain old lead will do...

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Disclaimer: not at full capacity yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 12:28:20 PM »
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 04:37:38 PM »

And this is why I own guns...

And this is why I oppose gun ownership? :P

Sorc >> Fighter, strikes again.
 :D
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline StreamOfTheSky

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 09:12:44 PM »
Why is Ohio even a thing still?  Or...were they joking?  I think Walker said something like that at one point....so maybe they were joking about him?

They weren't joking.  Ohio is still a thing because it's a microcosm of the US.  There are very liberal areas, and very conservative, and everything in between.  I live towards the south in one of the poorer, and therefore more conservative areas.  Typical attitudes here are as follows:

Until the late 90's you could still be hung from a tree for being black and suspected of a crime.  Any crime.  It was socially acceptable to refer to african americans as nigger as opposed to their actual name.  The one time I expressed interest in dating a girl who wasn't my own race it was made clear to me that if her parents didn't kill me, and mine couldn't be convinced to do so, the police would be happy to make sure i swung from a noose as well.  They think Black Lives Matter is a plot to restart the Civil Rights Era so democrats can "monopolize the black vote".  Seriously, they actually believe this.  Granted by their own admission they define black as anyone who isn't 100% white.

The local area mostly employees people in factories and distribution centers, and all of the workers are anti union because unions are evil liberals, and they don't want a higher minimum wage because it's "communist" and they feel it lowers their place in the social hierarchy.  As one put it "People who earn minimum wage are nobodies, and everyone is free to shit on them as they please.  If they raise the minimum wage past what I'm making now then I'm a nobody, and that's unacceptable.  No one shits on me."  Except of course for his employers, who shit on him daily and are slowly driving him to alcoholism.

Regarding the recent news story of a girl driving a boy to commit suicide: "If she can do it good for her.  If he was that weak he needed to die, she shouldn't be charged with anything, she did the world a favor."

Our town councilman on where america went wrong: "The two greatest mistakes this country made were allowing unions, and letting women vote.  Letting the darkies spend generation after generation on welfare comes a pretty close second.  We only have so many of them here because we have the county welfare office and it draws them like flies to shit."  I've been to the county welfare office.  I've never seen anyone there who wasn't white, since 90+% of our population is white.

Remember the NH kid who was just acquitted of rape but convicted of everything else?  They found that outrageous.  "If a woman can't defend herself physically from rape, she should be banned from suing."  One guy actually thinks rape should be legal because "women have a duty to men."

They think Kim Davis' actions are perfectly fine because gays are an affront to God and should be 'sterilized so they can't reproduce'.

All of this is said in front of me daily without a trace of irony or humor.  I know it's different in some parts of Ohio, but I don't live there.  I've had to bury virtually every gay or tg friend I've ever made, and the ones who have survived I've had to repeatedly pick up from he hospital because of the beatings they receive.  Even now, any friend I have I have to travel to see, because none of them will come where I live.  If I had the ability to move I would, and if I ever get disability or a better job i wil.

If we're going to continue talking about how fucked up Ohio is (and based on the above, we definitely should), it'd be handy to have Bhu's post quoted, what with the new thread and all.  The part about keeping gays from procreating is deliciously funny.  But that last part....holy fucking shit.  Get the Justice Dept. called in!   :o

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 10:43:43 PM »
Ironically COlumbus is considered one of the most gay friendly cities i the nation.  The rest of Ohio not so much.

Offline StreamOfTheSky

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 11:07:18 PM »
Ironically COlumbus is considered one of the most gay friendly cities i the nation.  The rest of Ohio not so much.

So, when you play a Diablo game, and you're totally 100% safe and comfortable in the town amongst civilization, but the second you set foot outside of it, you're instantly transported to a fiendish hellscape where hordes of ravenous evil monsters try to hunt you down and skin you while shrieking shrill curses and praises to their vile dark overlords...

...Is a pretty spot-on simulation of what it's like to be gay in Ohio.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 11:52:53 PM »

So, when you play a Diablo game, and you're totally 100% safe and comfortable in the town amongst civilization, but the second you set foot outside of it, you're instantly transported to a fiendish hellscape where hordes of ravenous evil monsters try to hunt you down and skin you while shrieking shrill curses and praises to their vile dark overlords...

Also plenty parts of Texas.  If you can find a 100% safe place.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 12:24:12 AM »
Austin is technically in Texas.  Not that you could tell by the residents.  Although their residents have something like a 30% voting for the representatives thanks to gerrymandering.  Meaning the residents of Austin are being represented by people that got something like 30% of the Austin vote.
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 02:21:23 AM »

Yup.  Go far enough south and that counts for being non-white too.

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 03:07:18 PM »
Austin is technically in Texas.  Not that you could tell by the residents.  Although their residents have something like a 30% voting for the representatives thanks to gerrymandering.  Meaning the residents of Austin are being represented by people that got something like 30% of the Austin vote.

Were it not for gerrymandering, South Carolina and Texas would be Blue (Democrat) States.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 03:49:18 PM »
I don't think I buy the Texas one there....SC maybe, but Texas?  Pretty much all of Texas is really conservative except Austin and a little bit near the coast (Houston)?

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 04:52:04 PM »
Texas population is about 12% Black and 38% Hispanic.

The leaders of the Hispanic Chamber Of Commerce
and the Hispanic Evangelicals, have gone on MSNBC (!)
to "express displeasure" about Trump's line of yap.

Man, this presidential campaign is Really weird.
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 02:07:29 PM »

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 06:02:54 PM »
Rick Perry has dropped out. The 1st Scion of Evil has fallen.

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 07:01:40 PM »
Only becausr The Dobald has taken his quickening.
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."