Author Topic: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater  (Read 236684 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater
« Reply #580 on: June 03, 2017, 01:34:54 AM »
Humble bundle sure does make PS4's subcription perks feel negligible. And I doubt PS4 exclusives would ever pop up for free either so....

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #581 on: June 03, 2017, 10:37:13 AM »
It's actually more like 60 bucks for the whole year, not per month, but yeah, Humble Bundle is also nice.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 03, 2017, 11:37:01 AM »
Humble Bundle is pretty good, even though sometimes it feels like they try to push out a lot of crappy indie titles.

Honestly, I have had the PS Plus subscription for a little over two years now (for multiplayer mostly) and I have been pleasantly surprised by their picks of games a grand total of two or three times.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 17, 2017, 01:39:57 AM »
Finally got around to playing that BotW DLC I ordered a a few weeks ago.

Quick heads up on the Trials of the Sword.
* It's broken into three sections, each one increases your Mastersword's damage (and durability?).
* You get one "rest" level per tier of difficulty which offers items, fairies, food and a cooking pot.
* Food buffs are not wiped, consider a dragon horn & ironshroom/banana x4 meal for most, if not all, of the trial.
* There is 12/17/23 rooms so if you're facing the Hinox on room twelve, stop using tree branches to save weapons.
* Sneak attacks deal x8 damage and don't deplete durability, just saying.
* Several rooms have metal creates (or even chests), slam them into enemies.
* Most enemies can't swim and instantly die if knocked into water.
* Lern2throw weapons on the verge of breaking, last hit & thrown deals x4 damage.
* Bombs can turn trees into firewood and several areas have fire attacks allowing you to torch creates instead of using weapon durability to break them. Bonus, scorched food heals x1.5 hearts compared to uncooked.

Heads up on certain rooms too.
* Beginner Trial, total cakewalk with an Armorx3 buff.
* Middle Trial, after the second rest area it's nothing but guardian scouts making it mostly a breeze.
* Final Trial, I died. I suck at fighting those damn fire stone things.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 18, 2017, 12:46:47 PM »
Total Warhammer just got a new DLC. I approve!

https://youtu.be/RbrbDa9EBR0

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: August 28, 2017, 01:21:48 PM »
So, this is from June http://www.pcworld.com/article/3200767/gaming/xbox-one-x-pc-build.html Xbox One X PC Build: Can you do it for $500?

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 27, 2017, 11:08:06 PM »
anyone pick up the SNES classic? I plan to check if there's one in town next week when i have the money.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 28, 2017, 12:36:24 AM »
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 28, 2017, 10:17:51 AM »
RWBY board game kickstarter
You know, I can't help but think that maybe they should fix their video game first, or idk, stop repeating the episodes they already made and actually work on the next season instead of charging us $45 bucks for an overly complex board game that thinks it's a TCG.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 30, 2017, 02:24:29 AM »
Played Sonic Mania for the Switch.

On the good side most of the devas made fan versions of the original Genesis games so they loved what you loved. The game plays sort of like Sonic 3 & Knuckles, new Sonic 3 sphere planets have been added and they take the place of lamppost bonus stages allowing you to earn tokens to unlock new gameplay options. Several old stages appear with some minor twists that make them a little more enjoyable. New stages like Metallic Madness offer up some cool things like background/foreground swapping and shrink rays. Old enemies appear as well as all kinds of shoutouts to past Sonic titles. And while it repeats a bunch, it also introduces several new stages and enemies. Overall, if you liked Sonic 3 & Knuckles, you'll probably tolerate Mania.

On the bad side  most of the devas made unstable fan version copies of the original Genesis games so it's buggy as f**k and prone to crashing even after patches. The game plays like the worst combination of Sonic 1/2/3, like no Hyper mode, terrible minigames, no goal of having smooth effects, reeks of people trying to do to much with rough cut leather stitching it together. Lamppost minigames are the boring sphere planets which offer nothing in game  unlike the gumball, slot, or fun gravity pinball games from S&K3. Unlocks apply to no-save files only so if you want to play "Knuckles & Knuckles" in Lava Reef you'd better turn on Debug Mode to drop goal posts because you need to beat 18 stages and deal with one very long intro first. Several old stages appear, couple of the new ones suck or seem empty (stardust speedway). Lots of shout outs to stuff you will never care about. New Chaos Emerald minigame is the worst of 3D Sonic games: A 3D raceway specifically reduced to a horrible dot matrix level of quality display with poor controls. And it can't make up it's mind on what to flatten out like holes in the ground or bumpers vs edges or bumpers in the middle of the damn road, or what to raise up like spikes of doom or pillars you can run harmlessly through. If you liked Sonic 3 & Knuckles, you should probably just get the Steam version of Mania ten years from now through Piratebay (no spyware DRMs that way) and grab a hack for it so you can play as Knuckles & Tails with Level Select or a combination Sonic that has his instant shield, figure eight dash, and only-works-half-the-time air spindash.

Score: 6/10 or about six points higher than the average of Sonic games currently but still several points lower than the Genesis games.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 02:28:53 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 30, 2017, 03:40:14 PM »
so,i'm playing FO4 and realized that Preston's group could have just settled in at Diamond city as they moved north from Quincy,and honestly if I could remember my log in info for EA origin i'd be playing whichever copy of The Sims I have or at least building houses lol

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 30, 2017, 04:26:15 PM »
Speaking of, Fallout 1 is free on steam until midnight PST

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 30, 2017, 05:19:11 PM »
Speaking of Steam, I have two guest passes for Killing Floor that are just taking up space in my inventory.

Does anyone want them?  They have no expiration date.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 30, 2017, 07:44:14 PM »
well it truns out I have 2 accounts on origin...one has The Sims and the other has the Command and Conquer...

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 30, 2017, 10:39:48 PM »
Speaking of Steam, I have two guest passes for Killing Floor that are just taking up space in my inventory.

Does anyone want them?  They have no expiration date.
I'd take one off your hands but it turns out I already have the game.
Go figure.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 08, 2017, 01:49:21 PM »
All the good Shadowrun PC games are on sale for $10 at chrono.gg

Only for today, 10/8/17
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 08, 2017, 10:45:49 PM »
Is anyone else playing Stellaris?

Goddamn this game is addictive.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 09, 2017, 12:11:09 PM »

I suck at it. By the time I unlock gene therapy I start having issues with my populations because I can never afford to make them uber-aliens all at once.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 09, 2017, 12:39:50 PM »

I suck at it. By the time I unlock gene therapy I start having issues with my populations because I can never afford to make them uber-aliens all at once.

I'm doing great there.  My problem right now is Energy.  I just can't support fleets that are big enough to stand up to the aliens next door who like to constantly declare war on me.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 09, 2017, 12:47:48 PM »
Yeah, energy is a big issue for me too, but that's because I like to expand my empire way beyond its ability to support itself, and sometimes upgrading it so it can DO that gets too rich for my blood.

Give me internets. Now.