Author Topic: Fallout 4 General  (Read 43624 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4 General
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2016, 09:58:28 PM »
Damn, i need to get back to FO4.

Is the DLC any good? Worth sinking money into?

So far, I think it is..but then again i'm a console. Here's a review of the DLC that was just released http://gamerant.com/fallout-4-automatron-dlc-review/ the next DLC (far harbor) is larger than the biggest DLC for The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

... larger than Shivering Isles makes me wary. That was huge, and I don't think Dragonborn was as big. Bigger...?

Here;s some info http://gamerant.com/fallout-4-far-harbor-oblivion-dlc-size/

This does not exactly make me LESS wary.
HEre's the story behind far harbor :

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

I'm also looking forward to when the mod tools are dropped and you can put mods on the xbox one, hopefully I'll be able to mod on my PC and then export it to my xbox one

No, no, you miss the part that makes me cautious: the size. "Bigger than our biggest ever DLC that ran on sheer insanity" is not a hugely confidence-inspiring statement.

Plus it doesn't seem remotely liable to top Old World Blues, which is a reminder that bigger isn't better.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 31, 2016, 12:55:11 AM »
yeah total reading fail on my part since you said " larger than Shivering Isles makes me wary"  :facepalm

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 31, 2016, 12:59:48 AM »
Plus Shivering Isles could fall back on blatant stupidity and being in an already high-fantasy setting. This does not have those benefits.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 09, 2016, 11:01:26 PM »
Well the next dlc drops this coming week, i look foreword to capturing a deathclaw and making a settler fight :evillaugh

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2016, 10:32:52 AM »
News for those modders out there : http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/10/11402250/bethesda-taking-closed-beta-requests-for-creation-kit-mod-testing

I do hope that I can be able to make a mod on my pc and be able to put on my xbox instead of having only mods that get approved by both Beth and MS, I got fairly competent at making my own mods for skyrim ( mainly modding other mods' stats and such)

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2016, 09:25:58 PM »
appearently mods wont allow achivments with FO4 https://community.bethesda.net/thread/9278?start=0&tstart=0  :??? so much for playing mods on my xbox one, I'll just wait till I can upgrade my computer and play it modded on it.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2016, 10:53:43 PM »
A lot of steam games disable achievements if the game is modded.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 28, 2016, 12:17:49 AM »
A lot of steam games disable achievements if the game is modded.
I think the shock is due to the fact that in FO3 (FONV did disable cheevos,but different company) and skyrim achievements weren't disabled when modded. I'm inclined to think is due how cheevos tie into your gamer score on the xbox and PS

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2016, 12:34:13 AM »
... so why are achievements so important that you'd postpone playing the game just to stroke your e-penis? O_o

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 28, 2016, 12:38:44 AM »
... so why are achievements so important that you'd postpone playing the game just to stroke your e-penis? O_o

Because nobody else is gonna do it for him!  :rolleyes

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 28, 2016, 12:54:45 AM »

If you read my statement again,it's referring to using mods, i'm already on my third character while waiting for fair harbor.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2016, 01:39:50 AM »

If you read my statement again,it's referring to using mods, i'm already on my third character while waiting for fair harbor.

I've read your statement.

I still don't get the point. FFS, on PC with half an hour and a notepad you could get every achievement just by checking console commands. Why are virtual trophies important to whether you buy X version or not?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:41:54 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2016, 02:29:37 AM »

I've read your statement.

I still don't get the point. FFS, on PC with half an hour and a notepad you could get every achievement just by checking console commands. Why are virtual trophies important to whether you buy X version or not?

It's basically hard to explain,unless you the type of player who goes after the achievements and doesn't see them as a measuring of E-penis ( what are you under 20 or have the maturity of a middle school kid or both?) and the other part is, I currently don't have the funds to get the parts of a PC to run FO4.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 02:36:04 AM by trappedslider »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2016, 10:07:24 AM »
No, I'm trying to make sense of what you said in the first place.

"Apparently mods will disable achievements"
then
"So much for playing modded on Xbox"
and
"I'll save mods for PC" (which can disable achievements anyway)

Because put together, all of this leads to the above "WTF?"

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 28, 2016, 02:44:00 PM »
No, I'm trying to make sense of what you said in the first place.

"Apparently mods will disable achievements"
then
"So much for playing modded on Xbox"
and
"I'll save mods for PC" (which can disable achievements anyway)

Because put together, all of this leads to the above "WTF?"

so,you question boils down  to why do i care more about achievements on xbox than steam. And i honestly i don't have an actual answer lol, and last night i attempted to  try out the creation kit, but i think i need to own the actual game on my pc to use it, so that's just one more reason to wait to do mods on PC as opposed to my xbox.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2016, 07:35:41 PM »
well Far Harbor is out and it's very creepy atmosphere wise

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2016, 10:48:58 PM »
So...

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE MECHANIST BOSS FIGHT.

Never before have I felt more bullshitted in my life!
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.