In other news, can I get everyone to post a rough idea of what they will be playing so I can get the parties figured out?
Option 1: Paladin
- Melee combatant. Heavy armor, full BAB, etc. We all know this stuff.
- Bard-level spellcasting from a smoothed out Paladin spell list. Not gonna replace a Cleric, but plenty enough for basic downtime support and a few buff spells.
- Party support through auras. Options include unlimited out of combat healing up to 1/2 max hp, bonuses to attacks or saves, resistances, 5-ft. blindsense, and more. Auras are very short-ranged, though.
- Party face. Has Diplomacy, Sense Motive, 4+Int skill points, and a partial Charisma focus.
- Probably some dragonborn
race (Dragonborn Paladin in a campaign against evil dragons is like a perfect storm of Bahamut vs. Tiamat goodness).
Dragonborn water orc if I'm feeling high optimizy.
Edit: Turns out, that's actually worse with the 14 Wis and 14 Cha I would want.
Option 2: Marshal
- Party support through auras. Options include unlimited out of combat healing up to 1/2 max hp, bonuses to attacks or saves, resistances, 5-ft. blindsense, and more. More and stronger auras than the Paladin would give.
- Buffing and debuffing with minor, repeatable effects. Includes things like temporary hit points, a damage bonus, dazing or frightening enemies, and straight up unimpressive blasting with nonlethal damage.
- Party face and minor skill monkey. All of the social skills, Spot and Listen, 6+Int skill points, and a heavy Charisma focus.
- Moderate combat ability. Only 3/4 BAB, but heavy armor, martial weapons, and can take advantage of the auras buffing everyone else.
Option 3: I don't mind stepping aside for someone else. I think Kaelic was interested but was over the players limit. I'm playing another PbP on these boards already, and I'm not a huge RPer.