Author Topic: If you had to be, what would you be?  (Read 14563 times)

Offline Dr_emperor

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: If you had to be, what would you be?
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2016, 05:50:59 PM »
I'm trying to figure out if soulmelds could be hidden/bluffed.  So Incarnate its basically what Solo said though.  +8 to random skills assuming Improved essentia capacity 15 con might not be possible with the rules though.  If Gestalt you'd want to add beguiler in normal you'd level in that.

Offline Kajhera

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2016, 01:18:48 AM »
Psionics can be pretty difficult to identify without using psionics, and if this is actually *me* Int is pretty much the only score I can rely on being a positive modifier ...  All of my physical scores are more in the realm of 8. :p Though if this is again *actually me*, Constitution and Strength are still going to be better than Dexterity by some amount, and an 8/10/10/11/11/12 array would put them average enough.

Shaper (possibly Tashalatora Shaper), creative application and subtle manifestation. Gestalt with ... Beguiling Influence would come in handy in a pinch, but I have no dexterity, so Dragonfire Adept possibly makes more sense for ... one level, depending how obvious the Dragonblooded is with just one level. Not sure if I can meet the alignment requirements for Warlock. Dragonblooded does open up draconic auras, which could be used for some subtly helpful things. I'd probably lay low and dabble in dips like 'cloistered cleric of an ideal', human paragon to get that int up, bard, warblade and whatnot with the spare levels if I avoided enough dying to earn XP.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 10:33:42 AM by Kajhera »

Offline PlzBreakMyCampaign

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2016, 04:15:27 PM »
Godwin's Law Inception here...

How much do the Nazi's know about you? Most all level 1 PCs would die if you start out vs knowledgeable army. You have to start out as a base class's first level, and most just around that strong. I suppose the "answer" is just become a Tier 1 in RAW or high Tier 3 in fixed 3e. Conjurer ACF with escapy, hidy spells and you can buy the time to level. Once you're leveled go for the standard sources of PrC power. If all the +2 tiers are fixed (cough cough), then settle on a +1 tier (level-drain/rebuilding for Chameleon is probably the best way to gather power). Triple 7's would be doable after a "plug-in" for psionics I never bothered to post.

Offline WarlockLord

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2016, 06:09:12 AM »
My original plan was to go with a telepath, as you can mentally alter people with no indication that that's what your actually doing, but that appears to be taken, and I am dubious of success with 12 int.

Therefore we go with a much cooler/eviler route: Master of Shrouds.  Specifically, the early entry build where you take a good will save class for a level to get in - in this case, our hero starts with a level of Telepath for the aforementioned Undetectable Charm Skills.  We then multiclass to cleric until level 3, at which point we start grabbing all the Master of Shrouds levels we can get our evil little hands on.

The wonderful thing about Master of Shrouds is that your summons, in addition to being immune to guns and callable at a moment's notice, create permanent spawn you can rebuke and order to hide in walls and whatnot.  Therefore, once you get the ability to summon shadows, your new game plan is luring Nazis to your Basement of Evil where they get murdered by undead and turned into your personal army that is immune to guns, artillery strikes, aircraft, whatever...that can also fly and is intelligent enough to carry out orders without your direct instruction.  Remember, most of your interaction is going to be with regular dudes with guns instead of level appropriate opposition (and this is a character that can chump most of that normally) - and if people get ideas about fighting you you can send a shadow squad with orders to kill them and not expose your vulnerable self. 

As far as the job market goes, you have an army of self-replicating shadows that can act as your personal spies and assassins and are immune to gunfire.  If conflict with other D&D transplants is a problem, you can seriously just turn your dominion into a scorched wasteland of undead as a last resort to prevent anyone else from getting value from it.  There's not much in the game that can stop an infinite army of shadows.

Offline Chemus

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2017, 03:04:35 AM »
*Sigh* Late to the party as usual.

Assuming retraining with gestalt (to fill one side with PrC's):
Psion (Egoist)5/Monk15//Psion Uncarnate10/Cloud Anchorite10 | Feats: Ghostly Grasp, Monastic Training (Psion), Tashalatora, Mountaineer, Psionic Body

Has the Change Shape ability from The Mind's Eye, for low level disguise. ML 11.
PsiUnc ==Telekinesis, Incorp (no need to eat sleep or breathe) but can use eq. and items, CA == Eternal life, Monk==No physical deterioration. Kinda can't die.

Sans retraining:
Psion (Egoist)20//Monk5/Tattoed Monk5/Cloud Anchorite10 | Feats: Monastic Training (Psion), Tashalatora, Mountaineer, I. GrappleB
Has Crane Tattoo(TM 1st), Either Crab or White Mask Tattoo (TM 3rd), and Ocean Tattoo (TM 5th).

As above, but no Incorporeality (Unless Wis can get to be really high, then Improved Assume Su Abil (Phantom Jaunt, MMV, p131) and Ghostly Grasp would be great here too, but with no incorporeal touch attack, I'd be reduced to using ranged weapons. Boo Hoo.)
Apathy is ...ah screw it.
My Homebrew

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Smile! Jesus loves you!
    • View Profile
    • Greg Campbell's Portfolio
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2017, 02:39:52 AM »
If somehow I could swing it, Human Paladin who uses the Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu trick to get a Candle of Invocation and start using simulacrum after simulacrum (from a custom item or a Ring of Three Wishes or such) to get what I wanted.

Assuming that worked.

Otherwise, pick the best option(s).

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2017, 07:38:57 AM »

Changling Bard would be a decent solution, wouldn't it?

Shapeshift, diplomancy, a little mind control for grease.

If you can't get changeling, the I guess go gestalt (Xp is a river), with warlock//bard for the alter self.

Offline Kerrus

• Immovable Rods Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2017, 09:24:45 PM »
Probably some kind of Diplomancer would be the most efficient route. Either a Jumplomancer or an Arseplomancer- the latter would ensure I can escape any prison, while the former would let me evade those who want to kill me all day long while converting vast swathes of the countryside into my adoring followers.

Offline Chemus

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2017, 10:28:10 PM »
And if you were a bikini-clad girl with your own mobile trampoline...
Apathy is ...ah screw it.
My Homebrew

Offline Nifft

• Bad At Lurking
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2017, 02:04:25 AM »

Changling Bard would be a decent solution, wouldn't it?

Shapeshift, diplomancy, a little mind control for grease.

If you can't get changeling, the I guess go gestalt (Xp is a river), with warlock//bard for the alter self.
If you can't be a Changeling, you can still get unlimited disguises at level 1:
- Binder 1 (with Naberius), for disguise self at-will. Changes your clothes, too.
- Egoist 1 (with the online ACF), same power as Changelings.

The nice thing about those is they have better growth than a solo Bard.

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Smile! Jesus loves you!
    • View Profile
    • Greg Campbell's Portfolio
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2019, 10:06:18 PM »
If you're trying to basically solo World War II, you don't do it through raw strength.  Mind control/social skills and minions are simply the best way to go.

How does leveling work in this game?  How does EXP accumulate?  What level could we reach considering that, even slaughtering animals, we probably won't reach level 20 due to CR-based EXP alone.

Offline crazypunk86

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2022, 08:18:39 AM »
Psion for sure