1) The "Metaboard" doesn't have a + on the right so it can't be hidden.
2) The "Brilliant Gameologists Podcast" ("The Podcast" & "Discuss the Podcast") should be moved into "Other Tabletop games, or at least make it able to be hidden.
3) "Ask a Question" should be renamed "Simple Q&A" and moved into "Dungeons & Dragons Discussion"
4) The Legend line: "New Posts" "No New Posts" "Redirect Board" & "MARK ALL MESSAGES AS READ" line above the "Min/Max Boards - Info Center" isn't able to be hidden. Is it not able to be hidden because of the forum template? It's a small deal.
EDIT: Patiently waiting until after Independence Day. Thanks for saving the boards admins, you guys deserve some time off!
Since we've already restored everything, the old suggestions don't matter
Since I've been gone for a week:
News & Reviews
Homebrew (Check out Strat's stuff. It's good!)
Play by Post
Since this is kind of the "metaboard" area I propose the following structure based off the old boards layout. Now is the time (there are 0 posts in the newly made boards).
Metaboard (this boards called "General Discussion" can be renamed)
Other Gaming (Board games, conventions, etc)
B**** like you have to
Fluff to Crunch (Let's Stat Up...)
Homebrew (People's child boards & Unofficial Errata)
Play By Post
I put more thought into the above than I should have; even the spacing and order. I don't think we need a Noob EULA (indeed that might have contributed to the almost full year where we couldn't register new members).
MetaboardIt's just a hair different than MMX's layout, namely inspiration strikes is a redundant subforum and then mechanical writing & your game here kind of already falls into homebrew and such but it still has it's own area under game creation. Unofficial Errata & Podcasts were dropped and I think someone already called for 4th being renamed too. Meetups never really seemed to happen to much (more of a pm thing imo anyway) but I figured we needed an actual video game subforum since we had one thread for discussions and some times multiple things might get talked about at once.
- Board Business
- Off Topic Fun
- Plug or Promote
- Other Board Games
- Video Games
- Ask A Question
---- Campaign Journals
---- Game Creation
- General Discussion
-------- Handbook Discussion
- Other (2nd/4th/etc)
- Member's boards
- Forum Games
- Play By Post
---- Current Games
---- Retired Games
1) Fluff to Crunch (Let's Stat Up...) For "how you build aquaman" threads. I'll even maintain an index. :)
2) Conjoin "Table top" & "Other RPG"? Seeing Apples to Apples thread next to a GURPS thread seems fine.
3) Add Introductions? Optional
4) Add mature rants? Potentially a bad idea
5) Eventually retired PbB's will need separated. Not necessary yet.