Author Topic: Miniature Creature  (Read 8175 times)

Offline Yasahiro

• Lurker
  • I am new, but not unexperienced.
    • View Profile
Re: Miniature Creature
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2017, 12:56:13 PM »
A Titanic Creature with 10 levels in that versus a Miniature Creature of also 10 levels. Plus at least 1 level for base creature the templates are being applied to.

Right off the bat the Titanic creature has like triple the HP of the Miniature one.
(Except in the case of Mini being able to pick up Cha to HP but that should definitely be rethought about being allowed because oh my gosh thats like giving wizards more toys to play with in regards to Cha already can be applied to literally everything ever forever it is the one single Ability Score that does not need help. Charisma is the Wizard of Stats. Give 'em a d6 to offset that if we could kick it off the list -_-')

Going over both right now, if we ignore equipment in the supposed builds.....
The Mini catches up on damage with Ugly Scratch being about on par with the damage output of the Giant.
The Mini would usually have higher AC, but in a negligible amount of only 1-2 points on average.
All the Save bonuses from either are countered evenly by the Save penalties from the other.
But, as currently written, Just a Scratch technically isn't DR as DnD defines DR so Ugly Scratch doesn't counter it so this particular Mini creature example is only doing 50% damage or so per hit.

None of this counts active abilities from the Size Matters lists of both classes.

Yes but Ugly Scratch does say miniature creature always does at least minimum of X damage. Is it X damage before or after Just a Scratch reduction?
"If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2017, 05:43:45 PM »
And Fireball always does Xd6.

So what's actually the question here?

Ugly Scratch specifies the three things it overcomes. Just A Scratch isn't any of those things based on its current wording (regardless of actual intent for otherwise)

In its current incarnation, Just A Scratch is more akin to the ability of Swarms to reduce weapon damage based on how small the individual creatures in the Swarm are.

Ugly Scratch doesn't bypass that ability of Swarms either.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:46:34 PM by ketaro »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2017, 06:50:16 PM »
Correct, Ugly Scratch only bypasses DR/hardness/regen.

Offline Yasahiro

• Lurker
  • I am new, but not unexperienced.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2017, 09:11:59 PM »
Nevermind everything I said then
"If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2018, 10:50:04 PM »
Updated Ant Strength to allow to wield weapons of the same size.