Author Topic: Module Pilot  (Read 2548 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Module Pilot
« on: November 12, 2017, 03:05:33 AM »
Module Pilot

"Just stay out of my way."
-Sleigh Presty, Module Pilot

Arrogant, prideful pilots that consider themselves too good for piloting mechas with feet. Nor giant fists for that matter.

Class Skills
The Module Pilot's class skills are Appraise, Concentration, Craft(any), Climb, Jump,  Hide, Spot, Listen, Intimidate, Knowledge(any), Move Silently, Profession (Any), Search, Survival, Swim
Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + int)x4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: x4+ int

Hit Dice: d10
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Feature
1+1 +2+2+2Armored Module, Arsenal I, Spirited
2+2 +3+3+3Extra Upgrade
3+3 +3+3 +3Extra Upgrade
4+4 +4 +4+4Arsenal II, Spirit
5+5 +4 +4 +4Extra Upgrade
6+6 +5+5+5Extra Upgrade
7+7 +5 +5 +5Arsenal III, Spirit
8+8 +6 +6 +6Extra Upgrade
9+9  +6+6+6Extra Upgrade
10+10 +7+7+7Arsenal IV, Spirit
11+11 +7 +7+7Extra Upgrade
12+12 +8 +8+8Extra Upgrade
13+13 +8 +8 +8Arsenal V, Spirit
14+14 +9 +9 +9Extra Upgrade
15+15 +9 +9 +9Extra Upgrade
16+16 +10 +10 +10Arsenal VI, Spirit
17+17 +10 +10+10Extra Upgrade
18+18 +11+11+11Extra Upgrade
19 +19 +11 +11 +11Arsenal VII, Extra Upgrade
20+20+12 +12 +12Extra Upgrade, Celestial Vega

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Simple weapons, guns, Armored Module

Armored Module: The Module Pilot comes in possession of a powerful non-humanoid mecha by a cold organization (the details of which should be discussed with the DM), which, at 1st level grants her access to a basic super robot. If the super robot is reduced to 0 HP the Module Pilot will have to undergo some redeeming quest to get it repaired. If the Armored Module is at least 4th level,  she can request a replacement Armored Module, but it will be three levels lower than she would normally have access to while on her redeeming quest (including arsenal options). For Arsenal purposes, the Module Pilot progresses as a Real Pilot as shown on the table.

The Armored Module grows in power together with the Module Pilot as she gains levels. More details on the Super Robot chart.

Armored Module are picked from the Super Robot list, except those models have cumbersome non-humanoid shapes and thus unable to perform fine manipulation and inflicts a penalty on IL/PL for maneuver/stances purposes equal to its level. If the maneuver uses skills or skill ranks, an equal penalty is applied to such checks from the Module Pilot. If the Armored Module is combined with other mecha (even another Armored Module) through effects such as the HEATS feat then an humanoid form able to perform fine manipulation is possible and the skill penalties are ignored as long as the original Module Pilot is one of the pilots of the combined machine. Also the Armored Module can replace their base speed with either 60 feet swim (in which case it can only move on water), 40 feet fly average maneuverability (atmosphere only) or 50 feet average maneuverability (space only). Each of the base super-robot super weapons may be swapped for an extra 18 arsenal space each. Unlike other mecha, an Armored Module’s controls are extremely complex and anybody else takes a -20 penalty on all 1d20 rolls if trying to pilot one (-10 if they’re proficient in mechas) instead of the usual non-proficiency penalty.

When multiclassing, a Module Pilot count as Super Pilot (except for Arsenal in which case they count as a Real Pilot). A multiclass Module Armor still retains non-humanoid shape unable to perform fine manipulation nor able to use maneuvers/stances, including gestalt/similar (unless combined with another separate mecha through effects such as HEATS).

Extra Upgrade: Whenever this shows up on the table, the Armored Module gains an extra 2 Upgrade points.

Spirited: Each level of Module Pilot increases the max number of spirit points of the player by 3. In  addition they learn one Spirit right away and whenever "Spirit" appears on the table the Module Pilot learns one new Spirit. She counts as a Real Pilot for the purpose of calculating spirit costs.

Spirits can be used as a free action at the  beginning  of your turn by paying their cost in spirit points (before you take any other action). You recover 5 spirit points per round up to your maximum. You can use multiple spirits in a turn, but only once each kind of spirit. Spirits that trigger in a condition , such as valor and alert, last 1 minute and then are lost if they are not triggered by the end of the duration. The Module Pilot counts as a Real Pilot for the purpose of spirit costs.

Celestial Vega: At 20th level 1/day as a free action the Module Pilot can enter a state where she recovers all lost spirit points at the start of each of her turns for 1 hour.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 10:07:14 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Fzzr

• View Profile
Re: Module Pilot
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 12:06:50 AM »
I found some issues with the Module Pilot text:
  • "Steel Soldier" under Class Skills and Spirited should be "Module Pilot".
  • "super robot" under Armored Module should probably be "Armored Module" (twice).
  • "get ir repaired" under Armored Module should be "get it repaired".
  • "acess" under Armored Module should be spelled "access".
  • Please link to the super robot chart where you refer to it in the Armored Module section (just a convenience).
  • "cubersome" under Armored Module should be spelled "cumbersome".
  • "menauverability" under Armored Module should be spelled "maneuverability".
  • "lower than he would" should be "lower than she would" for consistency.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 12:14:03 AM by Fzzr »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 12:25:53 AM »
Cleaned up too, thanks!

Offline Fzzr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 12:34:08 AM »
There's still one more case of "Steel Soldier" under Spirited.

And speaking of Steel Soldier, fixes to that are up next...

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 12:51:24 AM »
Ah, that reminds me the Module Pilot was supposed to be based on Real Pilot for spirit costs, fixed.