Author Topic: Curtis' SRW Additions Index  (Read 8662 times)

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
Re: Curtis' SRW Additions Index
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 03:04:39 PM »
Quoted on accident.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 03:43:13 PM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline CKirk

• Something something optimization.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 05:21:46 PM »
Okay so I plan on making some additions here, but I'm wondering some things :

Should I make changes to the weapons due to the new Area changes?
What should I do for Tier VI? Some convoluted attempt at 00 Raiser?
Opinions about Exia line mechs at other tiers? Like should I make Avalanche as an actual model?
Should I make a weaker GN Drive for the lower tiers?

Respectively:
None of the weapons you've statted are area, and unless you make a Raiser Sword I don't think anything should be area
Tier VI doesn't need a 00 Raiser. The new Secondary Subpilot feat fits that well enough. Maybe a way to keep using a previous tier of mech at a higher tier effectively? That way you could use the 00 Gundam and have a secondary subpilot that is thematically flying the 0 Raiser to help
You could put Exia at tier 2 and GN Armor Type E at tier 4 maybe. I dunno about Avalanche.
Maybe a GN Drive Tau available earlier that only works for a turn or two in any given combat or something?

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2018, 06:31:29 PM »
Eh, problem with Secondary Subpilot is it prevents other PCs.... Though with that in mind I guess I could just make 0 Raiser separately or use a Module Pilot or w/e they're called.

And what's this use a mechanic of a previous tier thing?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 07:44:52 PM »

I believe he means a way to power up lower tier reals so they get bigger numbers equivalent to higher tiers.

Which in my humble opinion is simply "start taking super levels." That's half the point of real/super multiclass. You stick with a real you like and throw extra upgrades at it.

Or just take a higher tier GUNDAMS. It's why I myself didn't stat any specific gundams and just made generic ones and a lot of accessories and weapons. That way I don't need to worry about which tier a specific gundam should be, they can be any tier the player wants.

Doubly so because there's hundreds of Gundams out there. Statting every single of them is not an option, in particular when the differences are usually just "has a bit more armor/speed and slightly stronger weapons". Is that really the effort of writing down a whole new real? Yet here's YumeaCurtis wanting to write specific stats for a sidestory 00 variant when one coud just throw some super upgrades and call it a day.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:48:07 PM by oslecamo »

Offline CKirk

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2018, 11:46:22 PM »

I believe he means a way to power up lower tier reals so they get bigger numbers equivalent to higher tiers.

Which in my humble opinion is simply "start taking super levels." That's half the point of real/super multiclass. You stick with a real you like and throw extra upgrades at it.
So my reasoning is: Kyosuke is clearly a Real Pilot. He starts in Alteisen...but doesn't get a replacement until Alteisen Reise. That's just not something you can do in this system, unless retraining is a thing that the GM allows.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2018, 12:06:30 AM »
Technically Kyosuke started with a gespent. Or a prototype wildbrautier but that one was a crappy test unit that crashed by itself.

Anyway in the rules here there is the military officer uniform clothing if you want to go pure real and stick with an older model. Since the Alteisen itself was not improving, only Kyosuke. It represents a real pilot specializing in older models.

If you think the buffs the uniform grants are not enough then we can discuss how to improve it.

Offline CKirk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2018, 01:32:55 AM »
Technically Kyosuke started with a gespent. Or a prototype wildbrautier but that one was a crappy test unit that crashed by itself.

Anyway in the rules here there is the military officer uniform clothing if you want to go pure real and stick with an older model. Since the Alteisen itself was not improving, only Kyosuke. It represents a real pilot specializing in older models.

If you think the buffs the uniform grants are not enough then we can discuss how to improve it.

...I completely missed that it existed! That's basically everything I'd ask for in that sort of thing. Maybe increase the bonus to twice tier difference at least for hit (similar to how Predict grants twice as much hit bonus as it does AC bonus), but that's a gut response that I haven't actually thought through.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2018, 10:23:11 AM »
Is there something wrong with wanting to stat out specific Gundams though? The main issue with OO Raiser is the separate craft. I mean I could just make it upgrades and forget the separation part.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2018, 08:45:55 PM »

...I completely missed that it existed! That's basically everything I'd ask for in that sort of thing. Maybe increase the bonus to twice tier difference at least for hit (similar to how Predict grants twice as much hit bonus as it does AC bonus), but that's a gut response that I haven't actually thought through.

Predict's attack bonus scales faster than the AC bonus to avoid stalemates, like Attacker's damage bonus scales faster than Guardian's DR.

However in the case of real robots the in-built weapons attack bonus and AC bonus scale roughly at the same rate (Alteisen has +13 AC/+7 Claymores vs Alteisen Riese +22 AC/+13 Claymores, a difference of 7-9) and they're static so there's less reason to make the attack from the officer pilot suit scale faster.

Is there something wrong with wanting to stat out specific Gundams though? The main issue with OO Raiser is the separate craft. I mean I could just make it upgrades and forget the separation part.

Leaving out the separation part would indeed be for the best, even in the actual SRW games it's just a single unit that gets deployed like that and the combination only ever happens in one cutscene when it first shows up.

Also just me, but if you have time to be statting up specific gundams couldn't you at least finish your character sheet? :P

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2018, 05:16:57 PM »
Quoted on accident again.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2019, 10:22:37 AM »
Alluvians done, forgot what I wanted to do with the two remaining feats and everything else was done anyways.

Wonder of Thought Network should provide more shared benefits.

... Still trying to make Raiser Sword XD.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 01:23:06 PM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2019, 10:07:18 PM »
Looking good, added to the races thread index.

Would say Thought Network is already fine as it is, in particular sharing special senses is pretty strong, in particular when the Alluvian already comes with pseudo-blindsight base.