I've forwarded two other threads here for the reason that I only wish to post this once.
Unfortunately, Real Life has intruded into my personal projects and is demanding more and more of my time. I primarily get most of my writing done at night, but the number of overnight shifts has dried up. On top of that, I have to get back to making adoption videos for the cat shelter I volunteer at. Add in the fact that my lawn is dying and I am falling further and further behind on home maintience, I have to prioritize.
For now, The Spellbook is on Hiatus for an undetermined amount of time.
Now, I'm sure a number of you are saying, "great, another handbook started and abandoned." For you, I've only been working on this for a few months. Personally, I've been working on this since they discontinued 3.5. I've put months into this project only to shelve it then start it up again once everything else calmed down. So I will be back. If you want a specific date, I'm sure I'll be back by October. As time permits, I'll work a little here or there. For now, I need to focus on more important things.
That said, I wish to go out with a bang.
I've finished fixing what a number of you have pointed out. From the update to the Initiate Feats, to missing a few sorcerer spells, I truly believe that I have the complete list of all the (official WotC Published) spells, and all the spell lists. I've updated the spell rules sections to include player input, suggestions, and observations. I've put some finishing touches on the Metamagic feats section, so in my opinion, I have the most up to date collection of information on D20 3.5 spells available.
What The Future Holds:
1) I have scavenged all the websites and put together every other handbook's comments on spells. It's a big list. I have not finished updating all the editorials on each individual spell, alas, but I've put a big dent in it. I hope to have every other handbook summarized and added to each spell as an editorial entry. Eventually I hope to color code the spells so you can easily see which ones are hot, and which ones are not.
2) I hope to have a complete, individual analysis of the important spells. I won't do EVERY spell, but I will get the ones that a player or DM is most likely to use.
3) I hope to have a complete list of every possible scroll, potion, and wand. I want a random table made up, or at the very least, I want to make up a file for CrystalBall.
4) I want to add two new sections to the Feat section. Feats that help with spell casting, but aren't actually metamagic feats. Feats that are used with Spell-Like abilities.
5) I wish to add a monster section. This will contain every monster that is mentioned in every spell. I know some spells are "Turn Into Any Monster". But some spells summon very specific monsters. I want to have an appendix where you can look up those monsters so you don't have to go hunting for them.
6) I Hope to add in other spells, like spells from WotC On Line, Dragon Magazine, Dungeon Magazine, Ebberon, and Dragon Lance, but keep those in a separate section.
7) Finally, I hope to hypertext the whole thing. If you see a spell mentioned, you can click on it and it goes to that spell. If the spell can be modified by a metamagic feat, You should be able to jump to it. If the spell mentions a condition, you should have the condition in front of you. If it can turn you into a given monster, that should be a click away.
Basically, I want to make The Spell Compendium the way the spell compendium SHOULD have been made.
I like said in the past, I dream big. I knew this was going to take years, so I'm gonna have to take a break now and again. But, I won't leave empty handed. Here is the first rough draft. It's available in PDF. In and of itself, it should be useful. I would like to point out that everything in this file is available on line elsewhere or is of my own creation. I'm not expecting anything out of this, not even credit. It's a tool, nothing more. This is just a summary of other people's work, but in a much more user friendly format.
I do ask, if you have any comments, suggestions, and/or wish to add some editorials of your own, just indicate where you think it should be stuck in and post it here
. Eventually I'll get around to updating this monster again, and when I do, I'll look here first for what to update and what to improve. Although if its a spell analysis, take it to this
So, without further ado, Here
it is. See you in a few months.