Author Topic: Igon Çubiry  (Read 2549 times)

Offline PipTheBlue

• View Profile
Igon Çubiry
« on: June 04, 2012, 06:05:06 AM »
[Excerpt from the journal of Dr. Leveque, September 12th 1828]
Me: "One of the nurses told me she heard you talking in your room last night. Was... someone with you?"
Mr. Çubiry, smiling: "But my good host, did you not know? I have been having visits and have been visiting nightly for almost eight months now, even before my stay at your establishment. Yes, I had a visitor. A great connaisseur, one sent by my tutor, came to inspire me with marvelous ideas. Ideas which will most certainly prove to improve my performance quite a bit. You look suprised. Has the parlor maid not told you?"
Me: "You do realize that all bedrooms are locked tight each night, do you?"
Mr. Çubiry: "Do you expect to trap a starling with a circle of salt? What are such means to one who has danced 'Offrande à liberté' and reaches ever higher? My good man, you see the stage, observe the dancers, hear the music and interpret the story that is told. But do see all that is and makes the performance? Have you seen the expression of the director's face as the dancer graciously recovers from the slightest misstep? Have you heard the vibration of the E-string of the violinist as he adjusts his poise? Have you tasted the tear falling from the cheek of the damsel sitting in front of you at the falling of the curtains? I doubt you have, for you do not see that you are as much part of the ballet as are those beyond and on the stage. That is why it is you who are bound to this place and not I."

Background
(click to show/hide)

Paradigm
(click to show/hide)

Igon Çubiry
(click to show/hide)

Concept so far:
Igon is a talented ballet dancer which always had been a little out of touch with reality. It was not until his awakening that this became a serious problem as he started seeing and talking to things that weren't there. His background in ballet makes him spoiled and socially inept, though he has an unearthly beauty about him.

Tradition: Dreamspeaker
Focus: 1st Spirit, 2nd Correspondence

Stats to put on character sheet:
Attributes
  • Least points in Social, of which all points go to Appearance Performance is based on Charisma, so will need points in that too.

Background
  • 3 or 4 points in Uncanny

Merits/Flaws
  • Derangement: Umbral Blindness (Tradition Dreamspeakers Revised p. 57) [2 pt. Flaw]
  • Independent Shaman [1 pt. Flaw]
  • Natural Channel [3 pt. Merit]
  • (possibly) Medium [2 pt. Merit]

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 09:58:21 AM by PipTheBlue »

Offline PipTheBlue

• View Profile
Re: Igon Çubiry
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 01:49:50 PM »
I'm thinking of going for Correspondence, Mind and Spirit as the main spheres. I wonder whether I need Prime for Spirit. A rote like Body of Light sounds pretty much necessaru as does the Prime rote that allows you to transfer Quintessence to a spririt as a reward. At least two players already got the sphere covered. Does my character need it?

Offline Dictum Mortuum

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »
I'm thinking of going for Correspondence, Mind and Spirit as the main spheres. I wonder whether I need Prime for Spirit. A rote like Body of Light sounds pretty much necessaru as does the Prime rote that allows you to transfer Quintessence to a spririt as a reward. At least two players already got the sphere covered. Does my character need it?

It largely depends on what you're trying to do. Spirits are not "dump", they will not always do you favors for just some quintessence; they might expect more in payment.
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Offline Dictum Mortuum

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 03:47:48 AM »
Hey! Are you ready to start? I'll open a new thread for you.

Offline PipTheBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 04:15:38 AM »
Sorry for the delay. Today's my last exam for this college year, so haven't had much time to finish writing my background, paradigm and character sheet. I have more time on my hands starting tomorrow.

Offline Dictum Mortuum

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 04:26:09 AM »
Sorry for the delay. Today's my last exam for this college year, so haven't had much time to finish writing my background, paradigm and character sheet. I have more time on my hands starting tomorrow.

No problem :D