Author Topic: Obsolete thread: Wyrm Warrior (3.5)  (Read 35075 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Obsolete thread: Wyrm Warrior (3.5)
« on: July 21, 2012, 10:20:44 AM »
Work in progress

WYRM WARRIOR

A wyrm warrior's martial techniques bring him closer to the draconic ideal.

MAKING A WYRM WARRIOR
A wyrm warrior is a martial adept with a draconic theme.
Abilities: Strength, Constitution, and Charisma are a wyrm warrior's most important attributes.
Races: Dragonborn of Bahamut are common wyrm warriors, but humans, elves, and spellscales will often dabble in draconic warfare.
Alignment: Any, though a wyrm warrior may choose to express some Ideals over others based on his alignment.
Starting Gold: As paladin.
Starting Age: As paladin.

Class Skills
The Wyrm Warrior's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Martial Lore (Int), Profession (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).  They also gain additional class skills based on their Primary Ideals (see below for details).
Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int) x4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int

Table: The Wyrm WarriorHD: d10

Level

Base
Attack
Bonus
+1

+2
+3
+4
+5
+6/+1
+7/+2
+8/+3
+9/+4
+10/+5
+11/+6/+1
+12/+7/+2
+13/+8/+3
+14/+9/+4
+15/+10/+5
+16/+11/+6/+1
+17/+12/+7/+2
+18/+13/+8/+3
+19/+14/+9/+4
+20/+15/+10/+5

Fort
Save
+2

+3
+3
+4
+4
+5
+5
+6
+6
+7
+7
+8
+8
+9
+9
+10
+10
+11
+11
+12

Reflex
Save
+0

+0
+1
+1
+1
+2
+2
+2
+3
+3
+3
+4
+4
+4
+5
+5
+5
+6
+6
+6

Will
Save
+2

+3
+3
+4
+4
+5
+5
+6
+6
+7
+7
+8
+8
+9
+9
+10
+10
+11
+11
+12

Ideals
Known

Special
Blade, Dragontouched, ideal power I,
primary ideals
Scales
Breath d6
Draconic recovery
Ideal power II
Wings
Breath 2d4
Rapid re-expression
Ideal power III
Dual ideal
Breath 2d6
Quick re-expression
Ideal power IV
Presence
Breath 2d8
Speedy re-expression
Ideal power V
Draconic patron
Breath 2d10
Ideal apotheosis, ideal triad

Maneuvers
Known

Maneuvers
Readied

Stances
Known

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Wyrm warriors are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, all armor, and shields (but not tower shields).  In addition, a wyrm warrior gains a single exotic weapon proficiency of their choice from each of their Primary Ideals (see below).

Maneuvers: A wyrm warrior begins his career with knowledge of three martial maneuvers.  A wyrm warrior's available disciplines depend on which ideals he knows; he can learn maneuvers and stances from any of the disciplines granted to him by the ideals he knows.  Once he knows a maneuver, a wyrm warrior must ready it before he can use it (see Maneuvers Readied, below). A maneuver usable by wyrm warriors is considered an extraordinary ability unless otherwise noted in its description. A wyrm warrior's maneuvers are not affected by spell resistance, and he does not provoke attacks of opportunity when he initiates one.  A wyrm warrior learns additional maneuvers at higher levels, as shown on the above table. He must meet a maneuver’s prerequisite to learn it. The highest-level maneuvers he can learn are based on his initiator level, as normal.

Maneuvers readied: A wyrm warrior can ready three of his four known maneuvers (including that granted by his expressed Ideal; see below) per encounter at level 1, but must choose which maneuvers to ready.  A wyrm warrior readies maneuvers by meditating and exercising for 5 minutes; once readied, the maneuvers remain so until he spends 5 minutes to ready new ones.

A wyrm warrior begins an encounter with all his maneuvers unexpended, regardless of how many times he might have already used them since he readied them. When he initiates a maneuver, he expends it for the current encounter, so each of his maneuvers can be used once per encounter unless he recovers them.  However, unlike other martial adepts, a wyrm warrior automatically recovers an expended maneuver 1d4+1 rounds after he expends it.

Stances Known: A wyrm warrior begins play with knowledge of one 1st-level stance from any discipline open to him. At 2nd, 9th, and 16th level, he can choose additional stances. Unlike maneuvers, stances are not expended, and he does not have to ready them. All the stances he knows are available to him at all times, and he can change the stance he currently uses as a swift action. A stance is an extraordinary ability unless otherwise stated in the stance description.

Ideals: A wyrm warrior understands intuitively that dragons are the pinnacle of evolution and existence.  He focuses on a few different types of dragons which most closely represent his personal philosophies, and trains himself to mimic the abilities of his chosen few.  These sets of abilities are known as Ideals.  Each day, a wyrm warrior chooses to express an Ideal that he knows, gaining one or more special abilities from the Ideal depending on his skill at expressing it (represented by his class level and features).  He begins with three ideals at 1st level (his Primary Ideals, see below), and learns an additional ideal at 2nd level and every three levels after.  Full descriptions of the Ideals are given below.

Expressing an Ideal requires a good night's sleep and 1 hour of contemplation, after which he can access the abilities of his chosen Ideal.  A wyrm warrior can express only one Ideal at a time (but see Dual Ideal and Ideal Triad, below).  At 1st level, a wyrm warrior gains the benefit of the first Ideal power from the Ideal he expresses; he gains the benefit of the next tier of Ideal powers every 4 levels after 1st (at 5th, 9th, 13th, and 17th).  Additionally, which Ideal the wyrm warrior expresses determines the associated energy type for his Blade, Skin, and Breath class features.  The caster level for any spell-like or supernatural abilities granted by a wyrm warrior's Ideals is equal to his Idealist Level, which is the sum of his levels in all classes which grant the ability to express Ideals.  A wyrm warrior gains a total number of daily uses of Ideal powers equal to his Charisma modifier plus his Idealist level.  (All Ideal powers which require spending one of these uses say so in the power description.)

Beginning at 5th level, whenever he learns a new Ideal, a wyrm warrior can choose to learn a new maneuver from the Ideal's associated discipline in place of one he already knows from another discipline. In effect, he loses the old maneuver in exchange for the new one. The wyrm warrior can choose a new maneuver of any level he likes, as long as he observes his restriction on the highest-level maneuvers he can know; he need not replace the old maneuver with a maneuver of the same level.

Finally, whenever he expresses an Ideal, the wyrm warrior gains the knowledge of a single martial maneuver he does not know for which he qualifies, chosen from that Ideal's discipline.  He cannot use this maneuver to qualify for feats, prestige classes, other maneuvers, or other options.  If and when he stops expressing that Ideal, he loses knowledge of that maneuver; if he later begins expressing that Ideal again, he may choose the same or a different maneuver for which he qualifies.

Primary ideals: The first three ideals that a wyrm warrior learns to represent are his Primary Ideals, which give him additional benefits to the Ideal powers.  Each Primary Ideal grants the wyrm warrior two additional class skills, including the associated skill for the discipline granted by the Ideal; in addition, for each Primary Ideal, the wyrm warrior gains proficiency with one exotic weapon chosen from those associated with the discipline granted by the ideal.

Dragontouched (Ex): A wyrm warrior gains Dragontouched as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites.  In addition, any draconic feats he selects function as if his draconic ancestors were of the same type as any Ideal he expresses.  For example, a wyrm warrior with the Draconic Heritage feat who expressed the Black Dragon Ideal would gain the benefit of Draconic Heritage (Black); if he switched the next day to the Gold Dragon Ideal he would gain the benefit of Draconic Heritage (Gold) instead.

Blade (Su): At 1st level, a wyrm warrior learns the most basic draconic technique, gaining the ability to engulf his weapon(s) in energy.  By expending a readied (and unexpended) maneuver as a swift action, the wyrm warrior adds bonus energy damage equal to 1d6 per level of the expended maneuver to all of his attacks until the beginning of his next turn.  The wyrm warrior can use this ability a maximum of once per round; the type of energy is given by his expressed Ideal.  If the wyrm warrior is expressing more than one ideal (see Dual Ideal or Ideal Triad, below), he chooses one type of energy associated with one of his Ideals at the time he expends the maneuver.

Scales (Su): Beginning at 2nd level, a wyrm warrior's skin begins to harden, emulating the protective scales on a dragon's outer surface.  He gains a natural armor bonus equal to his Constitution modifier, and energy resistance equal to his Charisma modifier against the associated energy type of his expressed Ideal.  If the wyrm warrior is expressing more than one ideal (see Dual Ideal or Ideal Triad, below), he gains resistance against every energy type associate with an expressed Ideal.

Breath (Su): Upon reaching 3rd level, a wyrm warrior learns the next draconic technique in his arsenal, gaining the ability to breathe a blast of energy at his foes.  By expending a readied (and unexpended) maneuver as a standard action, the wyrm warrior deals energy damage equal to 1d6 per level of the expended maneuver to all foes in a line of length equal to 5 feet per class level.  Opponents gain a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 initiator level + Charisma modifier) for half damage; the type of energy is given by his expressed Ideal.  If the wyrm warrior is expressing more than one ideal (see Dual Ideal or Ideal Triad, below), he chooses one type of energy associated with one of his Ideals at the time he expends the maneuver.  At 7th level, and every 4 levels after, the damage die size increases as shown on the table above.

Draconic recovery (Ex): A wyrm warrior of 4th level or higher may recover all his expended maneuvers as a standard action.  If he does so, he loses access to all his Ideal powers for 1 minute.

Wings (Su): At 6th level, a wyrm warrior learns the secrets of draconic mobility, gaining the ability to grow wings for short periods of time.  By expending a readied (and unexpended) maneuver as a swift action, the wyrm warrior may grant himself a fly speed equal to 10 feet times the level of the expended maneuver, with good maneuverability.  This fly speed lasts a number of rounds equal to the wyrm warrior's Charisma modifier.

Rapid re-expression (Su): Beginning at 8th level, a wyrm warrior learns to change his focus more quickly than normal.  Once per day, he can change his expressed Ideal by spending a full-round action meditating, which does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

Dual ideal: A wyrm warrior of 10th level or higher learns the ability to express two Ideals simultaneously, gaining the benefit of both Ideals.  He can still only change one at a time with the Rapid Re-expression class feature.

Quick re-expression: Upon reaching 12th level, whenever a wyrm warrior uses his Rapid Re-expression class feature, it requires a standard action instead of a full-round action.

Presence (Su): At 14th level, a wyrm warrior learns another draconic technique, gaining the ability to project a frightful presence.  By expending a readied (and unexpended) maneuver as a standard action, the wyrm warrior gains an aura of fear, causing any opponent with 10 feet per class level to make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 initiator level + Charisma modifier) or become shaken for 1 round per level of the expended maneuver (or panicked if the creature has fewer than 4 HD).  A creature who successfully saves against this ability is immune for 24 hours.

Speedy re-expression: Beginning at 16th level, whenever a wyrm warrior uses his Rapid Re-expression class feature, it requires a move action instead of a standard action.

Draconic patron (Su): A wyrm warrior of 18th level or higher can share with his allies some of the benefits he enjoys.  As a swift action three times per day, the wyrm warrior can grant an ally within 30 feet the benefit of one of his Ideals (including the Ideal powers and the single maneuver) for a number of rounds equal to his Charisma modifier.  The ally retains the benefit even if she later moves further away than 30 feet.

Ideal apotheosis: Upon reaching 20th level, a wyrm warrior has achieved perfection of his ideals.  He counts as having the Dragon type whenever it would be beneficial to him, and permanently increases his Strength by 4 and his Charisma by 2.

Ideal triad: At 20th level, a wyrm warrior learns the ability to express three Ideals simultaneously, gaining the benefit of all three Ideals.  He can still only change one at a time with the Rapid Re-expression class feature.

PLAYING A WYRM WARRIOR
 Brief description on how to play the class you are designing.
 Combat: Here's a section where you will describe common combat methods for your class. Remember to include information on how your class will use his powers in combat.
 Advancement: This is a section on different options and paths that the class can go down when they advance in power.
 Resources: What resources might a member of this PrC be able to draw on..

WYRM WARRIOR IN THE WORLD
"A quote of somebody else talking about your class!"
-name of quote originator
A brief description of how your class is persevered in the world and how he interacts with the world.
 Daily Life: Some general information about the typical day in the life of your class.
 Notables: Make up some cool information about notable figures in the history of your class. It's best to give a little information from one of the good alignment and evil alignment (unless it's a good or evil only class).
 Organizations: Some information about organizations dedicated to the practice of your class and other organizations which members of your class will be attracted towards.

NPC Reaction
 This is an in detail description of how NPC's would perceive your class and the immediate generalization that people would give of your class.

WYRM WARRIOR IN THE GAME
 This is a good place to provide a quick note on how your class will effect game play statistically.
 Adaptation: This is a place where you put in detail how people can adapt your class into their campaign setting.
 Encounters: This is a place to describe what sort of encounters PC's will have with NPC versions of your class.

EPIC WYRM WARRIOR

Hit Die: dx
Skills Points at Each  Level : x + int
Class Ability
Class Ability.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Class Name gains a Bonus Feat every x levels higher than 20th
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:51:00 PM by sirpercival »
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Wyrm Warrior (3.5) -- Ideals Part I
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 10:21:49 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:43:49 AM by sirpercival »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Wyrm Warrior (3.5) -- Ideals Part II
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 10:22:06 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:52:35 PM by sirpercival »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Wyrm Warrior (3.5)
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 01:35:14 PM »
Reserved for feats and other supporting material.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 03:01:29 PM »
Binder meets Warblade, right?

You're missing the (Int) beside Knowledge (Arcana) in the skills list.

Since you're changing your maneuvers known every day, you can pretty much ensure that all of the ones you ready are of the highest level available to you. Ditto stances. Beware.

The wording of stance selection needs to be reworked. Currently, you learn one or more new stances per ideal per day, but never lose knowledge of them. Thus, the number of stances you learn is multiplied by the number of ideals you choose, and eventually you'll learn all stances available to you.

This class strikes me as significantly more powerful than the existing martial adept classes, d6 HD or not. Well, going to be, since it's not actually done. Beware (again).

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 03:06:35 PM »
Binder meets Warblade, right?
Kinda.  We'll see how it ends up working.

You're missing the (Int) beside Knowledge (Arcana) in the skills list.
Thanks, fixed.

Since you're changing your maneuvers known every day, you can pretty much ensure that all of the ones you ready are of the highest level available to you. Ditto stances. Beware.
Crap, I didn't think about that.  Any suggestions for how to mitigate?  Nord's Blade does IL = 3/4 class level, I guess I could try that... would it help?  Alternatively, I could make a maneuver progression like a spell progression, where you have set amounts at set levels.

The wording of stance selection needs to be reworked. Currently, you learn one or more new stances per ideal per day, but never lose knowledge of them. Thus, the number of stances you learn is multiplied by the number of ideals you choose, and eventually you'll learn all stances available to you.
Right.  Any suggestions for a reword?

This class strikes me as significantly more powerful than the existing martial adept classes, d6 HD or not. Well, going to be, since it's not actually done. Beware (again).
Yeah... I figure I'll see how bad it is when it's done, and maybe we can scale it back.  I mean, I guess I could just assign certain disciplines, that would help, but it seemed cooler to change the discipline with the Ideal.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 03:21:48 PM »
Crap, I didn't think about that.  Any suggestions for how to mitigate?  Nord's Blade does IL = 3/4 class level, I guess I could try that... would it help?  Alternatively, I could make a maneuver progression like a spell progression, where you have set amounts at set levels.
Rather than changing every maneuver known every day, how about this?

Give access to all of the disciplines of your known ideals. Maneuvers are learned as normal for a Warblade/Crusader/Swordsage, except that you can't retrain your lower level maneuvers every even level. Reduce the number of maneuvers known by 1/2/3 (exactly as many as the number of ideals you have access to). Each ideal grants one maneuver known from its discipline that can be changed each day when you use that ideal. Paraphrasing from Explot Martial Memories:
While you bind an ideal, you gain the knowledge of a single martial maneuver you do not know that you qualify for, chosen from that ideal's discipline. You cannot use this maneuver to qualify for feats, prestige classes, other maneuvers, or other options.

Right.  Any suggestions for a reword?

See above for how I'd suggest dealing with maneuver knowledge. If you go with that, just learn stances as normal. If you really want to change your stances each day, don't give stances known in the traditional sense, but instead give one stance from the ideal's discipline when you bind it (as above).

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 03:52:26 PM »
I was thinking that each Ideal would give access to three disciplines, but if I drop it to one, your idea will work much more cleanly.  I'll also drop the skill points to 2+Int, since you'll only get two more class skills with your Primary Ideals.

EDIT: By the way, assuming this works out alright, it's the first of three or four classes using Draconic Ideals -- Dragonmage (sorc variant) is the next.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:56:28 PM by sirpercival »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 04:58:16 PM »
How's that?  Less OP?

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 05:36:28 PM »
d6 HD seems really small for a melee character even more so one that aspires to draconic power and their d12, even clerics get d8. a couple more hp per level wont break the class out of tier 3 anyway.

You also totally need an racial substitution for actual dragons to take the class. :D Probably swap out the class breath for enhanced racial breath damage or something
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 05:40:09 PM by littha »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 05:37:49 PM »
d6 HD seems really small for a melee character even more so one that aspires to draconic power and their d12, even clerics get d8.

Yeah, that's a mistake.  It should be d8.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 08:17:03 AM »
OK, I finished the class features.  The exception is Ideal Apotheosis, which is very lackluster (it doesn't have to be a full capstone since Ideal Triad helps with that, but right now it's quite blah).  Any suggestions?  Comments on the rest?

Now I have to write the Ideals.  The goal is to have one ideal for each type of dragon; it's a big undertaking, I know, so after I write the first few to give some idea, I'm happy to take contributions there.  I'm going to drop a link for Mister Lamp's Big Honkin' List of Dragons for future reference, mine and others'.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 10:34:39 AM »
You might also want to include the Draconic Archetypes from Dragons of Eberron (Loredrake, Wyrm of War, etc.) and some of the more prominent Dragon-related templates and stuff (Dragonborn, Xorvintaal) as ideals as well.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 12:04:02 PM »
You might also want to include the Draconic Archetypes from Dragons of Eberron (Loredrake, Wyrm of War, etc.) and some of the more prominent Dragon-related templates and stuff (Dragonborn, Xorvintaal) as ideals as well.

The Archetypes are an excellent idea.  Dragonborn shouldn't be an ideal (given the "Races" part of the flavor text)... I don't know what xorvintaal is.

Offline phaedrusxy

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The iconic spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 10:16:58 PM »
Looks awesome. If this had existed when Augury started, I think I would have made Legion one of these. :D

Given the draconic proclivity for magic use, and this class's lack thereof, how about adding Use Magic Device to the class skills?

Edit: And I'd forgotten about that Initiate of the Sublime Void class Garryl made... I might have to enter that with Legion... if we ever progress that game far enough. :D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:18:39 PM by phaedrusxy »
I don't pee messages into the snow often , but when I do , it's in Cyrillic with Fake Viagra.  Stay frosty my friends.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 10:17:53 PM »
Looks awesome. If this had existed when Augury started, I think I would have made Legion one of these. :D

Given the draconic proclivity for magic use, and this class's lack thereof, how about adding Use Magic Device to the class skills?

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.  Glad you like it!  You can always retcon him... or rebuild him in-game.  I'd wait till some Ideals are posted, though.  Lol.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 12:09:21 AM »
Once you get the first few ideals started, I'd be happy to give you a hand with some of the rest. This class is just plain interesting. I want to see it playable.

Xorvintaal was introduced in MM4 or MM5 (I don't remember which). It's both a template for true dragons only, and a "game" of sorts that some dragons participate in, with its own rules and nuances and subtleties (all of which are hinted at but never really defined). You can see a sample Xorvintaal dragon online, WotC previewed one in a download for that MM book, so it might be in the downloads section of the Guide to Free D&D. Basically, the dragon loses its spellcasting and a couple of other spellcasting-related features, but gains a whole host of melee beatstick abilities, anti-divination defenses, and some other things that make it suited to be a master manipulator in the Xorvintaal game.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 11:19:44 AM »
Once you get the first few ideals started, I'd be happy to give you a hand with some of the rest. This class is just plain interesting. I want to see it playable.
YAY!  It always makes my day when you help with something ;)

Xorvintaal was introduced in MM4 or MM5 (I don't remember which). It's both a template for true dragons only, and a "game" of sorts that some dragons participate in, with its own rules and nuances and subtleties (all of which are hinted at but never really defined). You can see a sample Xorvintaal dragon online, WotC previewed one in a download for that MM book, so it might be in the downloads section of the Guide to Free D&D. Basically, the dragon loses its spellcasting and a couple of other spellcasting-related features, but gains a whole host of melee beatstick abilities, anti-divination defenses, and some other things that make it suited to be a master manipulator in the Xorvintaal game.
That's very cool.  I have MM4&5, so I'll take a look.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 11:29:49 AM »
While you're at it, take a look at the Dragonspawn in MM4. There are a whole lot of them, and while they're all based on the chromatic dragon types, there are enough of them and enough differences between them and true dragons that they might make a good ideal or two, just to be different.

By the way, if you ever run out of real dragons, there's a thread on GitP with a metric craptonne (approximately 1.1 imperial craptons) of homebrewed true dragons.

Btw, when you get to Fang Dragons (the ones with a negative level bite instead of a breath weapon... or was it Con damage?), Ideal 1 should have something like this (plus a little bit extra and separate since you might not have a breath weapon yet):
- If you have a breath weapon, you cannot use it normally. Instead, once per round after making a successful melee attack, you can channel the power of your breath weapon to cause 1 negative level for every 2 dice of damage it would deal. The save DC to remove these negative levels is equal to your breath weapon's save DC. This counts as a use of your breath weapon (thus counting against daily uses, minimum rounds between use, or other limitations).
Discipline is probably Tiger Claw. Energy I don't know, maybe negative energy? Depends if it's negative levels they cause or Con damage. If it's Con damage, I'd make it slashing or piercing damage if applicable (and the resistance from scales being DR/bludgeoning).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:00:21 PM by Garryl »

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 12:15:50 PM »
Wording on that could do with some work, RAW you now have a breath weapon but you cant use it.

It also makes any racial/other class based breath weapons completely useless.