Author Topic: Dead Earth: A New Beginning  (Read 66459 times)

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Earth: A New Beginning
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2012, 01:21:56 AM »
Chuck maneuvers between Hudson and Lily and meets the Infected Asian man head on. His ax thunks down between the man's eyes, nearly splitting his head completely in half like a block of lumber. He wrenches the weapon free and swings at the other Infected but the angle is awkward and the Infected manages to dodge the attack, hissing in return.

Upon the fall of the barista Viona finally makes a move, putting herself behind the stout Brock.

"What's the hold up"? Reagan yells, "We gotta get those doors closed before more show up"!

"I'm working on it you fuck"! Brock yells back. He swings a brass knuckled fist at the Infected but the creature moves out of the way lithely while trying to pierce Brock with it's own wicked claws. "God damn it"! Brock roars angrily.

(click to show/hide)

Offline shallowesoul

• the past is never dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2012, 10:10:45 PM »
Hudson smirks through his pain and says: "seems you slipped up on this one Chuck. maybe ill have better luck." Hudson fires upon the remaining infected.

Actions
(click to show/hide)
Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mystic Lemur

• I wanna be a fire truck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2012, 11:00:42 PM »
(click to show/hide)
"I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ Oh, I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ You better just leave me alone, or you're gonna have ta send me home/ Cause I'm about to whip somebody's ass" -Ray's Song

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2012, 01:56:55 PM »
Hudson raises his rifle but at this range it was almost impossible to miss. He aims down the sight and pulls the trigger. The last Infected is hit in the chest, near it's heart, maybe it hit the heart because the Infected tries to take another step but falters. Another second later it hits the ground, an out stretched arm reached out towards the party. It twitches a couple times but doesn't move afterwards.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Mystic Lemur

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2012, 08:48:14 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Not seeing (or hearing) any obvious threats, Builder turns toward the group. "Bus is out. We gonna take the ambulance from last night, or the fire truck? Brock, thanks for the assist. Either way, I'll drive for a minute so Chuck can look you over, Hudson."

(click to show/hide)
"I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ Oh, I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ You better just leave me alone, or you're gonna have ta send me home/ Cause I'm about to whip somebody's ass" -Ray's Song

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2012, 02:04:52 AM »
with the chaos of battle over for the time being Hudson tries to listen for anymore nearby threats. I also take a quick look around, to make sure there isn't anything we didn't first notice.

"i think the ambulance would be better cause its able to maneuver better than the firetruck. but before we go i want to check that van over there." Hudson points to the van as he spoke and walked to the vehicle a moment afterwards. Hudson tries an opens the back door to the van.

Actions
(click to show/hide)
Status
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:08:30 AM by shallowesoul »

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2012, 04:20:30 PM »
Hudson looks around but sees nothing. However he hears the screeching of the Infected. Like a hive mind, they seem to be zeroing in on them. He thinks they have mere seconds before another threat arrives. Hurriedly he opens the door to the back of the van, unlocked thank God. Peering in he quickly scans the interior.

A dead swat officer is lying in the back with several tourniquets to keep him from bleeding out. Apparently they hadn't done the job. Neither did his body armor, which is ruined by several bullet holes. This must have been when the raider's attacked. Had the man been alive until then? Unconscious but waiting for help that never came? The thought hurt Hudson's head.

Hudson reaches out and takes the gun that the man was holding. Then his eyes light up. This couldn't be... taking the two clips in the man's belt, Hudson glances around for any other treasure, but sees none. Oh well, this was a rare enough find.

The screeches are now closer. The whole party can hear them now. The enemies must be just around the corner, sprinting towards what they thought was food knowing the sick, infected monsters.

Brock nods to the party. "Good luck guys". He then enters the police station.

Reagan looks at them all over his glasses. His eyes seem sad as he begins closing the double doors and putting the barricades back up.

"Stop dawdling, we must leave", Viona barks as the doors close behind them.

Hudson-
(click to show/hide)

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2012, 07:06:58 PM »
Hudso quickly grabs the SMG and ammunition. He runs back to the party and shows them his trophy. "I think its about time we get out of here. I heard more infected closing in on us and i dont feel like being here when they arrive."

Offline Mystic Lemur

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2012, 11:57:54 AM »
Builder jogs toward the ambulance, mentally cursing for not having time to search the dead cops. Then mentally cursing his own callousness... <Damn. That Hudson guy got bit, and I'm worried about a little body armor. What is this shit doing to me?>

"Like I said, I'll drive for a bit. Which way are we headed, again?" He cranks the engine, the sudden noise surely confirming that there was food in this direction.

(click to show/hide)

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2012, 08:35:40 PM »
As everyone climbs on board Builder begins to pull out when suddenly a body slams into the side of door. The face of an Infected is pressed up against the window, screeching as it attempts to bite through the window to get at him. Builder guns the engine and begins driving down the road towards the main street and his eyes widen as hundreds of Infected are surging from every direction towards them. The noise from last night must have attracted too much attention to the area and the recent gun shots from this morning surely pin pointed their location. "Shit"! Builder yells, just now noticing a fallen motorcycle in the road.

Viona looks out the back ambulance window door at the police station then turns to Builder in the front, her accent sharp as she speaks quickly. "If you want your friends to stay alive you better make sure all the Infected follow you, get all their attention. We'll have to lose them on the way somehow. We can not go to the Hive with these following us, lose them in the city and watch out for abandoned cars left in the road"!

Hudson points outside the window, it's obvious he is about to say something when he suddenly feels faint, the small back of the ambulance had begun to spin around him. Viona put a hand on his forehead. "You are infected, you have maybe ten minutes before you have your first convulsions and the real fever comes on".

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:40:15 PM by thecajunone »

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2012, 10:13:26 PM »
Hudson lays on the stretcher in the back of the ambulance looking to the others. "if I don't wake up i want you to pull the pin on this last grenade and push me out the back door. I don't want to take the chance of hurting any of you." Hudson hands Chuck the grenade from his pack and sets his weapons on the floor of the vehicle. After a few moments Hudson closes his eyes and falls into a deep sleep praying to himself that he awakens from this slumber.

Hudson awakes to the sounds of explosions and gunfire. Only when he opens his eyes does he notice he is no longer in the ambulance, but in the desert of Iraq with his squad. Hudson quickly stands taking note of his surroundings. Crouching by a nearby window he takes a look outside for any enemy soldiers. After a moment of looking he decides there are none for the time being. Hudson calls on his radio to dispatch "lieutenant Sean Hudson reporting in, im inside an abbandoned house two kilometers southwest from the checkpoint i have a man injured in need of medical attention im requesting an evac sent to these coordinates. Ill continue on to the checkpoint with three others to complete the mission. Over and out." Hudson points to the three men he is taking with him and motions for them to move out. They leave the house and head northeast up the alleyway towards thier objective.

after traveling a short distance Hudson notices movement on the rooftop of the building on the other side of the street. Hudson speaks in a hushed tone "everyone take cover." Hudson looks through the scope of his rifle at the rooftop. He sees the source of the movement waits for a clear shot and fires. Hudson looks back to his men and motioning for them to move forward.

They are now half a kilometer from the objective about to round the last corner before a street that leads straight there. Unsure what he will find he leads his men toward their objective, maybe even their death.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:54:55 AM by shallowesoul »

Offline Mystic Lemur

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2012, 02:31:11 PM »
<Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.> Builder thinks, as he does his best to avoid the bike.
(click to show/hide)

"Get him patched up, okay Chuck. I was starting to like him..." Thinking about what Viona said, he asks, "How do you turn the siren on? That'll get their attention away from the station."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2012, 02:50:56 PM »
Remembering his days as an EMT while training for the firehouse, Chuck points to a switch on the dash.  "That's the siren."

He then turns to Hudson, pulling out his medical kit.  Taking a quick look around, Chuck realizes they had left the ambulance's medical supplies intact.  Careless, considering the scarcity of good supplies these days.  Making a mental note to collect all he can carry, he goes about treating Hudson's injury and disease.

Actions
(click to show/hide)
Status
(click to show/hide)
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

Offline maggieloo72

• Seek the truth and challenge the norm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2012, 11:36:05 PM »
Lily scrambles into the ambulance and watches with pangs of worry as Hudson falls into the disease. Surely, he will pull through, though. All her companions were of sufficient constitution, or so she hoped. This would be a test of will and strength for the whole party.
Lily keeps her firearm out, and ensures that she has ammunition ready to replace the few shots fired toward their undead enemies and enough to keep future ones far away. Scrunched in the corner behind the driver's seat, she tries to spot the some more useful supplies and keep her balance as the vehicle moves toward the Hive.
"Wait--what did Hudson say? "Pull the pin and push him out the back door"  ... Well, he's got to survive this, so the next best distraction for our pursuers could be the grenade attached to a table or cabinet from the ambulance. The sound and explosion would undoubtedly keep them occupied long enough to run inside, right?"

(click to show/hide)

Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2012, 05:40:11 PM »
Viona and Chuck both work on cleaning Hudson's wounds and bandaging him up. (7 points of HP restored to Hudson)!

Lily begins gathering things she thinks Chuck and Viona could use later. She finds two complete medical kits, alcohol and bandages included. She also spots a box in the corner which she think may medical use as well. She notes it for later.

Chuck begins administering what is available in the ambulance to help Hudson combat the infection as Hudson shivers on the table, then suddenly begins convulsing as the ambulance swerves violently and the siren begins shrieking into the air. If they weren't located before, they surely now had every Infected human and monster in the area following the sound of the siren.

Maybe even the big one like before. They had gotten lucky that time, tossing the grenade into it's open mouth; could they do it again if need be?

Builder grunts as he cuts the wheel sharply and swerves around the fallen motorcycle flawlessly, losing no velocity and bringing them up to 15 mphs an hour. In the rear view mirror he can see the Infected running to catch up to him but nonetheless falling behind at this speed. *Thump* Builder smiles triumphantly as the corner of the ambulance glances an Infected.

But the smile fades and his eyes go wide as he realizes the Infected is clinging to the hood of the ambulance and attempting to pull itself up to the windshield, it's mouth opening and closing stupidly as if it will bite him through the glass. And just when Builder thought Hudson in the back fighting infection and a man that should have been dead crawling towards the windshield was enough he enters the main street.

There are abandoned cars haphazardly left everywhere from the wake of the initial panic.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Mystic Lemur

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2012, 09:01:46 PM »
Running on instinct more than any plan, Builder makes a wide left and heads north towards the river. <Maybe that will sling the little bastard off...

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline maggieloo72

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2012, 10:02:46 PM »
North? Lily thinks to herself... "Hopefully it gives Hudson time to recover, as well... but our destination is to the South, correct?" When she sees the street covered in sporadically parked cars, Lily whispers a "Drive carefully" to Builder. There was only so much one man can control in a world of chaos. Again her eyes returned to their fallen friend and she sent her good thoughts to him since there could be no God watching over them now.

Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2012, 11:58:29 AM »
Dodging a fallen box of surgical gloves, Chuck continues his work on Hudson.  Without looking up, he says: "North is fine for now.  Take the long road if you have to.  We can't risk taking Hudson into the complex in his condition, so we will need to know how this turns out before we get there.  Besides, the further we go the more we pull the infected away from the others."

Chuck wasn't happy about the wait, but it was all they had.  He was doing his best to give Hudson the best possible shot at surviving the infection.  He just needed a little more time...
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

Offline maggieloo72

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2012, 03:04:25 PM »
Builder jerks the wheel left, then right, dodging abandoned cars as he heads north towards the bridge. In the back, everything slides one way, then another as the party holds on tight, Hudson shivering on the gurney. The Infected on the hood can't hold on and goes flying off to crash into one of the cars. Oddly Viona bursts out laughing at the sight from behind him.

Builder makes it through the obstacle course and the cars lighten up. Only one here and there but all of them pointed towards the bridge. Probably people trying to escape. Builder revs the engine and brings the vehicle up to thirty miles an hour, leaving the Infected behind in the dust. With the siren still on though, he would attract all sorts of attention though, and the Infected would probably follow him to the ends of the earth. So he continued to head north for the moment.

Hudson stirs in the back and sits up. Viona puts a hand to his forehead and smiles at Chuck. "Very good", she coos in her sultry accent, "You seem to have helped him enough. The fever is gone...for now. You have lived to fight another day".

(click to show/hide)

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2012, 07:30:44 PM »
Hudson opens his eyes and blinks in disbelief for a few seconds looking around to everyone. he then speaks with a hint of relief in his voice "i don't think I've ever been so happy to wake up in my entire life!" Hudson turns so his legs are off the edge of the stretcher and looks up towards Builder in the driver seat "so how you faring up there Bob? i hope you didn't have too much trouble getting us away from the station."