Author Topic: Draugrs & Dragons: Skyrim for D&D 3.5 [PEACH]  (Read 15698 times)

Offline 13 Chain Blood Spider

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Draugrs & Dragons: Skyrim for D&D 3.5 [PEACH]
« on: September 11, 2012, 04:45:40 PM »
This is both a work in progress and is very much a rough draft! PLEASE evaluate and critique!

What the flaming daedra mustache is this?  :???

This is my attempt to bring Skyrim into D&D 3.5. It includes a variety of things from Skyrim and Tamriel such as Aedric Dragons, Thu'um, the signature Elder Scrolls races, Lycanthropy, Vampirism, and more.

:eh Okay, but are you up to doing something like this properly?

I wish. The spirit is willing, but the brain is inexperienced with D&D and has a poor grasp of math. I will need every bit of help I can get to make this Dungeons & Skyrim experience at least somewhat balanced.

:rolleyes Err, I guess that's alright. So what's the primary design philosophy behind all of this?

My philosophy behind this importing of Skyrim into D&D 3.5 is to try and both translate and preserve as many Skyrim mechanics as possible. This means that things such as Lycanthropy and Vampirism, which already exist to an extent in Core D&D 3.5, will be replaced by mechanics that will (hopefully) better represent the Lycanthropy and Vampirism experience from the Skyrim game.

I also took the liberty to insert some things to help things make more sense, either fluff or crunch-wise. For example,  I've given a lot of the Daedric artifacts what I thought was a much-needed boost in power; my experience with Skyrim is that a lot of the really fluffy Daedric artifacts are eclipsed in power once you hit a certain level, and I hoped to fix this while I was statting up the Daedric artifacts. Other things I had to do in order to keep things balanced: for example, I'm of the opinion that the Bosmer racial ability (the equivalent to Calm Animal in D&D) wouldn't have been terribly useful, especially considering the rest of their racial features, so I changed their daily racial ability into something I thought was more useful and more powerful.

However, not everything was brought over from the videogame: I'm still unsure as to what to do with Skyrim's magic system, for example. As another example, while I was able to port the various weapons and armor materials that is signature to the Elder Scrolls series (Glass, Ebony, Dwarven, etc.), I wasn't able to fully import the crafting system from Skyrim. My initial attempts seemed to indicate that the fluff and the mechanics would be beyond my ability to align while also being balanced, so if anyone has any ideas for this I'm listening. At the moment, for those undecided things I am currently going with what is already in D&D. As a result, Arcane spellcasters in this Skyrim import still use the Vancian casting system, among other things.

Yes, yes, whatever. Just get on with it.

Alrighty! Then without further ado...

Table of Contents:
Races
Shouts, Part 1, Part 2
Lycanthropy
Vampirism
Monsters: Draugr Part 1, Draugr Part 2, Dragons, Miscellaneous
Gods
Artifacts
Optional Rules: Crafting and Materials, Souls and Soul Gems
New Base Class: Battlemage
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:46:24 PM by 13 Chain Blood Spider »

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Tables on GitP are easier than you'd think to convert for use over here. You can transform one into the other in 3 simple steps using find/replace in most text editors (IIRC, Wordpad doesn't work, although Notepad does). It's more complicated if you're using some of the advanced table features on GitP since MinMax's tables aren't as powerful, but basic tables are fine.

Draconic Unrelenting Force Fus should be a swift action instead of standard (as per the regular Fus). Similarly, shouldn't Dah be a full-round action and Ro be usable as a move action?

Bretons suck as a race. Net loss in stats and the only racial trait they have is a 1/day, round/level, standard action, mediocre spell resistance that scales into nothingness at higher levels.

Imperial's Voice of the Emperor should be toned down a bit, I think. +6 is a massive boost to social skills, on top of a solid chassis of racial features.

Nord and Dunmer resistances scale oddly. Resist 2 @ 1st, 6 @ 5th, 8 @ 10th, and 15 @ 20th... You start off with an almost negligible 2 points, increase it by 4 after 4 levels, by 2 after 5 levels, and by 7 after 10 levels. Maybe instead change it to Resist 5, increasing by 5 at every 5 character levels?

Why do Orcs have the Elf subtype? Is that a Skyrim thing I'm missing?

Wow, Altmers really get pushed into being Wizards (or Wu Jen or Beguilers, I suppose). Probably too strongly.

Khajit's Feral Eye DC is funky. 1.5 * your level means a DC of 1 at level 1, which is just laughable. Standard DCs are 10 + 1/2 HD or character level + ability modifier (this looks like it should be Charisma-based). Also, as paired natural weapons, the Khajit's claws should only be adding the character's Str mod * 1, not 1.5, when used as primary natural weapons.

Argonian racial skill bonuses should be to Open Lock and to Sleight of Hand, not lockpicking and Pickpocket (unless you're changing the skill list or something).

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
Bretons suck as a race. Net loss in stats and the only racial trait they have is a 1/day, round/level, standard action, mediocre spell resistance that scales into nothingness at higher levels.
As someone who loved getting 100% spell resist on a breton with Heavy armor, i agree. They do not nearly look up to their counterparts in the game.

There are the human races (nord, imperial, breton), the "other" races (khajit and argonian), and then th rest are elves, which all have names ending in -mer. Orsimer are the orcs, but they are technically a race of elves.

Wow, Altmers really get pushed into being Wizards (or Wu Jen or Beguilers, I suppose). Probably too strongly.
Which is kind of what happens in skyrim too, but in DnD that might be too much of a forceful limiting...
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Tables on GitP are easier than you'd think to convert for use over here. You can transform one into the other in 3 simple steps using find/replace in most text editors (IIRC, Wordpad doesn't work, although Notepad does). It's more complicated if you're using some of the advanced table features on GitP since MinMax's tables aren't as powerful, but basic tables are fine.

Excellent! The main obstacle, however, will be converting all those bullet point lists into Minmax lists; it looks like I'll have to replace every instance of [* ] with [li ], and insert [/li ]s too.  :(

Draconic Unrelenting Force Fus should be a swift action instead of standard (as per the regular Fus). Similarly, shouldn't Dah be a full-round action and Ro be usable as a move action?

As far as I can remember, Dragons in the game always use roughly the same amount of time to use a Shout; even when it's just "Yol" Dragons breath fire for about 3 seconds. They seemed too slow for swift actions, and making them all full-round actions would have made Dragonic Shouts too crappy, I think.

...yeah, I don't know what I was thinking there.  :banghead This might have been caused by my lack of experience with Spell Resistance; how good is Spell Resistance in D&D, and how should it scale? Also, I will be going back and possibly adding some more racial features for the Breton--possibly some stuff from Oblivion, or even Morrowind, if necessary.

Imperial's Voice of the Emperor should be toned down a bit, I think. +6 is a massive boost to social skills, on top of a solid chassis of racial features.

Got it.

Nord and Dunmer resistances scale oddly. Resist 2 @ 1st, 6 @ 5th, 8 @ 10th, and 15 @ 20th... You start off with an almost negligible 2 points, increase it by 4 after 4 levels, by 2 after 5 levels, and by 7 after 10 levels. Maybe instead change it to Resist 5, increasing by 5 at every 5 character levels?

I wasn't sure if having Fire/Cold Resistance 5 at level 1 would have been too powerful, but it looks like it'll be fine. I'll be changing that up soon.

As Flay has noted above, Orcs in the Elder Scrolls games are indeed technically a type of elf (as are the Dwarves in Elder Scrolls). According to the lore, they were once elves that particularly adored the god Trinimac, but then Boethiah came along and corrupted Trinimac into Malacath, and with him his worshipers into the Orsimer; the Pariah Elves.

That...is true. However, in the Elder Scrolls series, Altmer have traditionally been very strongly pushed into being mages--there was almost no mechanics incentive to build them as anything else.

Do you think this approach is inappropriate for D&D? If so, do you have any suggestions on how to make Altmer advantageous for building into an Int-based spellcaster without pigeonholing them?

Khajit's Feral Eye DC is funky. 1.5 * your level means a DC of 1 at level 1, which is just laughable. Standard DCs are 10 + 1/2 HD or character level + ability modifier (this looks like it should be Charisma-based). Also, as paired natural weapons, the Khajit's claws should only be adding the character's Str mod * 1, not 1.5, when used as primary natural weapons.

Whoops! It was supposed to be 10 + 1.5* your level. Does that scale better?

Argonian racial skill bonuses should be to Open Lock and to Sleight of Hand, not lockpicking and Pickpocket (unless you're changing the skill list or something).

Me: [fail]"Man, I keep getting the D&D terms for picking locks and picking pockets mixed up. Was it Pick Locks and Pickpocket? No wait, that's silly. It's obviously Lockpicking and Pickpocket. Duh.  :eh"[/fail]

^ That's why Argonians got skill bonuses to Lockpicking and Pickpocket.  :banghead

In any case: many thanks for the replies!

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile

Excellent! The main obstacle, however, will be converting all those bullet point lists into Minmax lists; it looks like I'll have to replace every instance of [* ] with [li ], and insert [/li ]s too.  :(

That's only true if you have nested lists.  If you have plain old lists, you can leave them as-is.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile

As far as I can remember, Dragons in the game always use roughly the same amount of time to use a Shout; even when it's just "Yol" Dragons breath fire for about 3 seconds. They seemed too slow for swift actions, and making them all full-round actions would have made Dragonic Shouts too crappy, I think.

Regardless, the abilities themselves (at least the ones that normal folks find balanced as swift actions) are inappropriate as standard actions. Fus as Swift is fine because it has a chance of slightly hindering your opponents for 1 round, a minor effect for a minor but useful action. Fus as Standard is useless because even if all your enemies fail their saves, you still lost the action economy war, having traded a powerful versatile action for a minor effect.

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile

Regardless, the abilities themselves (at least the ones that normal folks find balanced as swift actions) are inappropriate as standard actions. Fus as Swift is fine because it has a chance of slightly hindering your opponents for 1 round, a minor effect for a minor but useful action. Fus as Standard is useless because even if all your enemies fail their saves, you still lost the action economy war, having traded a powerful versatile action for a minor effect.

That's certainly true. I'll go fix it.

Edit: I'm trying to convert the Giantitp lists into Minmax lists, but for some reason when I type in this (minus the spaces in the coding):

(click to show/hide)

I instead get this:

(click to show/hide)

The indentations aren't supposed to be there, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to fix it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:14:35 PM by 13 Chain Blood Spider »

Offline PipTheBlue

• View Profile
At a quick glance I see you gave all draugr the humanoid type instead of undead. I'd fix that or did you have a special reason to give em the humanoid type?

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
At a quick glance I see you gave all draugr the humanoid type instead of undead. I'd fix that or did you have a special reason to give em the humanoid type?

There are two reasons why I decided to make Draugr Humanoids instead of Undead:

Fluff reason: according to a book in the game, Draugr aren't really undead the way ghosts and zombies are. Long story short, though they seem withered and zombie-like, as far as I can tell their actual life forces are still sustained by magical means, and they are not corpses or souls animated by supernatural methods.

Crunch reason: I expect Draugr to be one of the more common enemies encountered, since Dragon Ruins are some of the most common dungeons in Skyirm, and I figured that it'd be annoying for either the party Rogue or the party Wizard to constantly have to either take an ACF or cast a spell for the Rogue to not be gimped.

Edit: I think I've solved the List problem, but my current solution will require hours and hours of inserting [ /li] everywhere. Goodbye, life!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:28:11 PM by 13 Chain Blood Spider »

Offline PipTheBlue

• View Profile
I do remember something along those lines yes. If I remember correctly, they're servants of the Dragon Priests, buried with them to guard some dragon artifact or whatever. However, I do remember that mechanically they count very much like undead: they're susceptible to spells vs undead and that undead slaying sword of which I forgot the name. I'd say let them count as undead, but say explicitly that they're susceptible to critical hits and sneak attacks, if you wish (as that's the case in Skyrim as well). I don't see how them being undead would be annoying to the wizard by the way.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Edit: I'm trying to convert the Giantitp lists into Minmax lists, but for some reason when I type in this (minus the spaces in the coding):

(click to show/hide)

I instead get this:

(click to show/hide)

The indentations aren't supposed to be there, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to fix it.

You need to close your [li] tags. Otherwise it gets all funky trying to correct for the fact that you're asking for list elements inside list elements. Just put [/li] at the end of each line.[/list][/list]

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
    Races

Dunmer:

(click to show/hide)

Altmer:

(click to show/hide)

Bosmer:

(click to show/hide)

Khajiit:

(click to show/hide)

Argonian:

(click to show/hide)

Orc:

(click to show/hide)

Nord:

(click to show/hide)

Imperial:

(click to show/hide)

Breton:

(click to show/hide)

Redguard:

(click to show/hide)
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:25:17 PM by 13 Chain Blood Spider »

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • you can't escape the miles
      • View Profile
    By the way, have you seen the Dovahkiin?
    I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

• Lurker
    • I'm new!
      • View Profile
    Shouts, Part 1
    [/size]

NOTE: THE SHOUTS WERE DESIGNED ASSUMING THAT ALL THE PCs IN THE PARTY WOULD BE DRAGONBORN. IF ONLY ONE OR SOME OF THE PCs IN THE PARTY ARE DRAGONBORN, YOU MAY NEED TO RE-ADJUST SOME OF THE SHOUT MECHANICS ACCORDINGLY.

• The usage of Thu'um (“Shouting”) is a Supernatural Ability.
    • Verbal component: As Thu'ums (“Shouts”) require the ability to speak, they can't be used in areas of Silence or if the user is otherwise prevented from speaking (such as being gagged).
    • Each Shout is divided into divided into three Words of Power. Uttering the first Word typically requires a swift action, and does not provoke Attacks of Opportunity. Uttering two words typically requires a standard or move action, and provokes Attacks of Opportunity unless stated otherwise.. Uttering all three words typically requires a full round action, and provokes Attacks of Opportunity unless stated otherwise.
    • Words of Power: In order to acquire a Shout, you must first learn the appropriate Word of Power. The process is quite simple; you must stand next to an inscription of a Word of Power and meditate on it for a full round. Doing so will allow you to absorb the knowledge of the Word.
    • Again, each Shout is divided into three Words: knowing one of the words does not give you knowledge of the others.
      • For example, if a character learned just the Word “Yol” in the Fire Breath Shout, he would not simultaneously gain the knowledge of the Words “Toor” and “Shul”.
    • Only certain inscriptions imbued with draconic power will grant you the understanding required for a Shout, however. Even if someone knows draconic well enough to write it, the inscription itself must have gathered centuries' worth of draconic power for it to convey it to a person.
    • Only certain beings can use this method to learn Words of Power, as well; namely, those whose mortal flesh contains the soul of a dragon—Dragonborn. To anyone else, the inscription bearing a Word of Power are mere writings on the wall.
    • Unlocking a Word of Power: Knowledge of a Word of Power is not sufficient to use it to its full potential. One a Word of Power is known, you can unlock its power for your own use in two ways:
    • Meditation: After years of meditation on a Word under the guide of wise mentors, you can unlock it and begin to use it. This typically requires all of one's time, however, leaving little room for anything else.
    • Dragon Souls: All Dragons have an innate knowledge of Thu'um. Certain beings (namely Dragonborn) can absorb the soul of a slain Dragon to gain some of that power. Each Dragon soul absorbed in this way can be used at any time to unlock one Word of Power that you already know.
    • For example, if a character knew the Words “Yol” and “Toor” from the Shout Fire Breath without having unlocked either of them, and then used the power from an absorbed Dragon Soul to unlock “Yol”, then he does not simultaneously unlock “Toor” even though he knows them both. He would need another Dragon Soul to unlock “Toor”.
    • Even if you know several Words in a single Shout, you must unlock the Words in a Shout sequentially.
      • For example,  if a character knew the Words “Yol” and “Toor” in the Thu'um Fire Breath without having unlocked either of them, and wanted to unlock “Toor”, then he must first unlock “Yol” in order to unlock “Toor”. Likewise, if a character knew the Words “Yol”, “Toor”, and “Shul” in the Thu'um Fire Breath without having unlocked any of them, and wanted to unlock “Shul”, then must first unlock “Yol” and “Toor” before unlocking “Shul”.
    • As their name suggests, most Shouts are not quiet; aside from whatever effects they may have, the Shout themselves are as loud as a person screaming at the top of their lungs. Certain shouts may end up being even louder due to the nature of their effects.
    • After using a Thu'um, user cannot Shout again until the specified recharge time as passed.
      • For example, if a person Utters two words in the Unrelenting Force Shout, then he cannot use any Thu'um again until 8 rounds have passed.
      [li]The save DCs for Shouts (“Shout DC”) are equal to 10 + 1 ½ character level rounded up of the Thu'um's user.
      • For example, the save DC for a Shout used by a level 4 Fighter would be 16 (10 + 6).

Shouts list:
    Unrelenting Force
    (click to show/hide)

Fire Breath

(click to show/hide)

Whirlwind Sprint

(click to show/hide)

Elemental Fury:

(click to show/hide)

Become Ethereal:

(click to show/hide)

Throw Voice:
    (click to show/hide)

Slow Time:

(click to show/hide)

Aura Whisper:

(click to show/hide)

Animal Allegiance:

(click to show/hide)

Clear Skies:

(click to show/hide)

Disarm:

(click to show/hide)

Dismay:
    (click to show/hide)

Ice Form:

(click to show/hide)

Kyne's Peace:

(click to show/hide)

• Lurker
    • I'm new!
      • View Profile
      Shouts, Part 2

Storm Call:

(click to show/hide)

Frost Breath:

(click to show/hide)

Marked For Death:

(click to show/hide)

----------

Draconic Thu'um:

Though mortals are able to acquire Thu'um and use them as Dragons do, for Dragons Thu'um is so innate that their Shouts are even more potent. The following is a list of Thu'um used by dragons.

Draconic Fire Breath

(click to show/hide)

Draconic Fire Ball:

(click to show/hide)

Draconic Frost Breath:

(click to show/hide)

Draconic Ice Storm:

(click to show/hide)

Summon Draugr:

(click to show/hide)

Draconic Unrelenting Force

(click to show/hide)

Draconic Storm Call:

(click to show/hide)

• Lurker
      • I'm new!
        • View Profile
      By the way, have you seen the Dovahkiin?

I think it's an interesting and well-designed way to compress a bunch of Skyrim stuff into one character, but I would say that what Travellog was going for was different from what I'm going for. I'm hoping to represent very large portions of both Sykrim the game and Skyrim the province/setting in D&D 3.5, whereas it seems that TravelLog was more interested in making a character who has signature Skyrim features.

Also, I've never quite agreed with how other homebrewers represent Shouts in D&D 3.5, namely how Shouts are inherently part of a class. That never sat right with me; in Skyrim, the growth of your character build and the growth of your Shouts are almost completely independent. You could be a great thief, a mighty warrior, or the most powerful mage alive, and your Shouts could still be fully developed or not developed at all. Your Shout progression and your character progression pretty much had nothing to do with each other. Another part of this is that I designed all of this assuming that players would be able to choose just about any class they'd like while still being able to do Dragonborn stuff (Shouts, eat dragon souls, etc.), as long as the class they choose aren't completely, irredeemably at odds with the Elder Scrolls setting. I didn't want to force players to pick between one to three base classes if they also wanted to be Dragonborn.

• Lurker
      • I'm new!
        • View Profile
      Lycanthropy:

• Some beings in Tamriel have the ability to shift into a terrible cross between mortal and wolf. Some see this as a curse; others, a blessing.
      • Lycanthropy is a disease; creatures that are immune to disease can't be afflicted with Lycanthropy.
      • Once you have been afflicted with lycanthropy, you gain the ability to morph into the form of a werewolf (“Shapeshifting”).
      • Shapeshifting, and morphing back into your normal form, are Extraordinary abilities that each require full-round actions.
      • Typically, you can Shapeshift once per day. You can morph back into your normal form any time you could take a mental action.
      • Your werewolf form lasts 1 minute/character level. At the end of this period, you automatically return to your mortal form.
      • While you are afflicted with lycanthropy, you gain immunity to diseases.
      • If you die while Shapeshifted, your corpse remains permanently Shapeshifted. If your body is resurrected while afflicted with Lycanthropy, you remain afflicted with Lycanthropy.
      • There are a variety of methods for gaining and curing Lycanthropy. Consult your DM on how to your character can either gain or be cured of Lycanthropy.
      • When you Shapeshift into your werewolf form, you gain the following traits and abilities for the duration that you are in your werewolf form:
        • Your Base Attack Bonus becomes equal to your level (as the fighter).
        • If your Strength score is below 18, it becomes 18.
        • If your Constitution score is below 18, it becomes 18.
        • Your new hit point total becomes 10 x  HD, plus 5 x your new Constitution score (if your Constitution score was below 18 before Shapeshifting) or your current Constitution score. When you morph back into your mortal form, your hit point total returns to what it was while you were Shapeshifting.
        • You grow into Large size. Your Space/Reach becomes 10 ft/5 ft.
        • All of your equipment fuses into you. You are no longer able to use any weapons or items (including magical weapons an items), and you lose any bonuses to AC that you get from equipment or class features. Items that give you enhancement bonuses to your abilities still function. When you return to your mortal form, all of your worn equipment return to the locations that they were in while you were Shapeshifting.
        • For example, if you wore a Breastplate as your armor immediately while you were Shapeshifting, then when you morph back into your mortal form you are still wearing that Breastplate on your torso.
        • You cannot cast spells or use Supernatural or Spell-like Abilities while in werewolf form.
        • You gain a +6 natural armor bonus to your AC. When you are 10 HD, and at every 5 HD thereafter, your natural armor bonus increases by an additional +4.
        • You gain two claw attacks and a bite attack. Your claws are your primary natural weapons, and you gain the Multiattack feat. Your claws deal 1d8 + 1 x your Strength bonus, and your bite deals 1d8+1/2 your Strength bonus.
        • You can also make iterative attacks with your claws as though they weren't natural weapons.
          • For example, if a character with 6 HD Shapeshifts, and his Strength score is 18, then his full attack action would look like the following:
            • 2 Claws +10/+5 melee (1d8+4) and Bite +8 melee (1d8+4)
        • You gain the Pounce ability; you can make a bite attack and as many claw attacks as you could in a full-attack action at the end of a charge. 
        • You gain a vulnerability to silver: damage dealt to you by silver weapons or ammunition deal 1½ times the damage instead.
        • Your base land speed becomes 60 ft.
        • You gain the ability to make a terrifying roar as an Extraordinary Ability. Once every 1d6 rounds, you emit a great roar that causes all enemies within 40 ft. of you to become Panicked unless they succeed on a Will Save (DC = your HD).
      « Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 10:22:23 PM by 13 Chain Blood Spider »

• Lurker
      • I'm new!
        • View Profile
      Vampirism:

• Some beings in Tamriel contract the disease Sanguinare Vampiris. Those that do become Vampires if the disease is not cured within three days.
      • Sanguinare Vampiris is a disease; creatures that are immune to disease can't be afflicted with Sanguinare Vampiris.
      • Sanguinare Vampiris:
        • Infection: Special
          • Each Vampire has the Supernatural Ability Vampiric Drain. Every time a humanoid character is affected by the effects of Vampiric Drain, roll a d10: if the result is 1, then that character must make the Fortitude Save or contract the disease.

• DC: 17
          • Incubation: 3 days
          • Damage: Special
            • While the disease is in its incubation period, creatures afflicted with Sanguinare Vampiris lose one hit die's worth of hit points until the disease is removed. At the end of the incubation period, afflicted creatures become a Vampire.
      • Once the incubation period has passed, you become a full-fledged Vampire. Vampirism (which is different from Sanguinare Vampiris) is not a disease; spells such as Remove Disease will not cure you of Vampirism.
      • Once you have become a Vampire, you gain the following traits and abilities, regardless of Vampiric Stage:
        • You gain the Undead subtype, but none of its traits except for those listed here.
        • You become immune to disease and poison.
      • Feeding: You must consume mortal blood at least once per day to not progress a stage in your Vampirism.
        • Drinking enough blood to regress back to/stay at Stage 1 Vampirism requires a full round action.
        • Only the blood from Humanoid creatures will regress you back to Stage 1, though blood from Animal creatures will keep you at the same Stage for the next 24 hours.
        • The blood need not be directly from a living body—if the blood was stored in an airtight container for no more than one day, then drinking it will have the same effects as though you had drunk fresh blood. The same applies to blood from corpses—as long as the corpse is not older than one day, drinking blood from it will regress you back to Stage 1 or keep you at your current stage, whichever is appropriate.
        • The act of feeding typically requires a full-round action. On helpless targets, you simply use a full-round action to feed; the cursed nature of vampire fangs is such that slumbering victims do not notice being fed upon (though other awake creatures in the vicinity that see you doing this certainly will notice).
        • On active, awake targets, you must first succeed on a Grapple check. Grapple attempts made this way do not provoke Attacks of Opportunity, even if you don't have the Improved Grapple Feat. Once you have succeeded on the Grapple check, instead of dealing unarmed damage to the grappled target, you instead bite the target's throat and begin to drink blood.
        • If you maintain the Grapple for another round, and successfully deal unarmed damage to the target again, then you have drunk enough blood to regress back to/stay at Stage 1 Vampirism.
        • For each additional round you drink blood from a target, you deal 1d4 Constitution damage to the target.
      • Each day you do not drink mortal blood, you also progress to the next stage in Vampirism.
      • There are a variety of methods for curing Vampirism. Consult your DM on how to your character can be cured of Vampirism.

Stages of Vampirism:
      • There are four stages of Vampirism; as you progress to higher stages, you gain more powerful traits and abilities while also gaining some penalties.
      • If you ever drink at least a full-round action's worth of mortal blood, you immediately regress back to Stage 1.
      • Even if you don't drink mortal blood, your Vampirism Stage can't progress beyond certain stages until your each a certain HD.
        • You can't progress beyond Stage 1 until you have at least 4 HD.
        • You can't progress beyond Stage 2 until you have at least 8 HD.
        • You can't progress beyond Stage 3 until you have at least 12 HD.
        • You can't progress beyond Stage 4 until you have at least 16 HD.

Vampiric Stages:

Stage 1:
      (click to show/hide)

Stage 2:
      (click to show/hide)

Stage 3:
      (click to show/hide)

Stage 4:
      (click to show/hide)

• Lurker
      • I'm new!
        • View Profile
      Monsters: Draugr, Part 1

Draugr:

Note: Instead of coming up with a basic Draugr race or template and advancing them by character classes, I decided to instead make customized variants of Draugrs at various levels. I figured that, since Draugrs would be a pretty common enemy, tailoring their Ability Scores and such more closely to their CR would be better than just advancing them by character class. If this is a bad idea, please let me know.

Draugr:
      Variant 1: Axe/Sword, armor, no shield
      (click to show/hide)

Variant 2: 2 Hander
      (click to show/hide)

Variant 3: Archer
      (click to show/hide)

Restless Draugr:
      Variant 1: Axe/Sword, armor, no shield
      (click to show/hide)

Variant 2: 2 Hander
      (click to show/hide)