Author Topic: Mecha Mook  (Read 3553 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Mecha Mook
« on: September 14, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »
Mecha Mook

”If I shoot that super prototype down, I'll get a promotion!”-faceless Mecha Mook

The many who apply to mecha schools dreaming of glory. The many that prove spiritless in said schools. The mecha mooks. Given equipment produced by the lowest bidder, whitout any real talent, those unsong soldiers are still the core of most armies, easy to train and cheap to maintain.  Whetever used as cannon fodder or seeking to overwhelm the enemy with sheer numbers, they prove that quantity does have a quality of its own.

HD:d4
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Feature
1+1 +0+0+0 Squad, Mass Produced Model I, Promotion
2+2 +0+0 +0 Arsenal I
3+3 +1+1 +1Glory in Death
4+4 +1 +1+1 Mass Produced Model II
5+5 +1 +1 +1Arsenal II
6+6 +2+2+2 Death before Dishonor
7+7 +2 +2 +2Mass Produced Model III
8+8 +2 +2 +2Arsenal III
9+9  +3+3+3Death before Dishonor
10+10 +3+3+3Mass Produced Model IV
11+11 +3 +3+3 Arsenal IV
12+12 +4 +4+4 Death before Dishonor
13+13 +4 +4 +4Mass Produced Model V
14+14 +4 +4 +4Arsenal V
15+15 +5 +5 +5Death before Dishonor
16+16 +5 +5 +5Mass Produced Model VI
17+17 +5 +5+5 Arsenal VI
18+18 +6+6+6 Death before Dishonor
19 +19 +6 +6 +6Mass Produced Model VII
20+20 +6 +6 +6Arsenal VII
2 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills: Balance, Bluff, Concentration, climb, Diplomacy, Jump, Hide, Move Silently, Spot, Listen, Apraise, Intimidate, Knowledge(any), Perform, Ride, Sense Motive

Proficiencies: A Mecha Mook is proficient with simple and martial weapons,firearms and mechas.

Features:
Squad:As the rank-and-file of an army, Mecha Mooks are trained and deployed in groups of five. So 5 Mecha Mooks of level X have a CR of X. Mecha Mooks cannot multiclass. All squad members must take the same race and class choices and cannot pick [Extra] feats.

Mass Produced Model: The Mecha Mook was trained by a powerfull organization (the details of wich should be discussed with the DM), which at 1st level grants him access to a watered down mecha taken from the Real Robot list. It only has 1/5 normal Arsenal space and its weapons always deal average damage (rounded up) when they hit (but can still crit), and maximize damage rolls against the Mass Produced Model from non-Mecha Mooks.

The organization also pledges to repair non-disabling damage and refuel the mecha on any of it's branches for no cost. The organization can be assumed to have such branches in any stable city where the Mecha Mook could conduct normal business. If the mecha is reduced to 0 HP the Mecha Mook will have to undergo some redeeming quest for a replacement (assuming he makes it back).

As the Mecha Mook grows in levels he gains access to stronger mechas as shown on the table, but he cannot change his choices on mechas.
In alternative to mechas, the Mecha Mook may pick Armored Company military options from the Support Staff, using their own Pilot level for any statistics. Such vehicles have normal arsenal space, but otherwise follow the same rules as Mass Produced Models.

Promotion:A Mecha Mook that manages to land the final hit on a Mecha that isn't a mass produced model in combat can instantly swap its Mecha Mook levels for Real Pilot levels. The next time he meets an Organizational branch he'll be awarded a regular Real Robot in return for his mass produced model. No more than one member of a squad may be promoted in a battle (any remaining surviving members will be re-assigned to another groups).

Arsenal: Starting at 2nd level, on top of the mecha the organization also freely supplies an array of basic  swappable  weapons and  accessories  to further customize his mecha. Refer to the Arsenal list for details. Items from the arsenal list can be  swapped  on any organization branch while the mecha undergoes maintenance, and  access  to new ones is granted as shown on the table.

Glory in Death: Mecha Mooks are expendable and have been brainwashed taught to accept their ungrateful fates. They gain Glory in Death as a bonus feat at 3rd level. If they already had it, they gain another feat for which they meet the prerequisites.

Death before Dishonor:
Mecha mooks never really consider surrender or fleeing as a valid option. At 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th and 18th level the Mecha Mook gains Death before Dishonor as a bonus feat.

Note: Mecha Mooks as PCs

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 11:53:26 PM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Mecha Mook
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 09:07:50 PM »
Combining Team

The towering wall right in front of you
The heightening heartbeat pounding your chest
Overcome each one
Even if it is darkness before you

Don't give up because it's a far-off dream
Now, don't turn around and head for tomorrow

Everywhere You Go Someone is certainly waiting for you there
Anywhere You Go Don't hesitate, towards the bright dream
Everywhere You Go Even if hard times await you
Anywhere You Go Don't forget your convictions and move forward!

Pre-Requisite: Mecha Mook, no Relationship feats between the members.
Benefit: If all squad members took this feat you can now multiclass into Super Pilot. Use normal real robot/super robot multiclassing to determine the Mass Produced Model benefits, except four of the mechas get +2 HP per super robot level and the fifth one gets +1 HP per super robot level. The pilots themselves only gain d4 HD and 2+Int skill points each, and lose the ability to be promoted (they already rose up in the ranks in their own way).

You must spread out the Upgrade points from Super Robot evenly over the 5 Mass Produced Models as well. Mass Produced penalties do not apply to those upgrades, but they count as a single entity for HD limits (so for example if one picks Hyperdimensional storage, nobody else can pick it until they reach 8 HD).

Spirits known, bonus feats and favored maneuvers are granted to the pilot of the Mass Produced Model whose mecha didn't get an upgrade point. All squad members gain the same spirit points, Maneuver and Stance. Plus the Combining Team can now learn maneuvers and stances from the Everywhere You Go school (coming sometime in the future).

In addition, if all the squad members are adjacent, as a swift action they can combine their machines into a single one! The Combined Robot is one size category larger than the biggest mecha used in its combination and gains all of the Super Robot upgrades of its members, plus 5 "temporary" Upgrade Points of its choice that only apply while combined (chosen when they take their first Super Pilot level). Max and current HP are also combined, but use only the best current and max energy, DR, Natural Armor, Dodge and movement speed/modes from the combining members.  The Combined Robot also gains all the in-built weapons of the combining members (adapting damage to the new size), but multiples of the same one don't stack, and cannot use more than 1 weapon for every Mecha Mook level it has in any single round. Arsenal space and Hardpoints are combined as well, and the Combined Robot may select any weapons and Acessories it qualifies for and has enough space, chosen when the transformation is done. The Combined Robot no longer deals automatic minimum damage, neither does it take maximum damage. But if it suffers a critical,  the full crit damage applies to the Head Pilot (see below). The other pilots are unnafected by crits.

At the time of combination, one of the members must be chosen as the Head Pilot. Use only his statistics for combat. The other pilots can only use Spirits (if they know them). The Head Pilot may be changed as another combined Swift action. If the Head Pilot would be killed, he may  use his Glory In Death ability, but then the Combined Robot is left unoperative until another Combined Pilot takes over. Replacements may still be found at return to base.

A Combined Robot consumes ridiculous amounts of energy to hold itself togheter. The Combined Robot automatically loses 10 energy at the start and end of every turn, and it only recovers half normal energy, including from energy-recovery upgrades, rounded up. If it is reduced to zero energy, it automatically separates into its components. The combination may also be ended earlier as another swift action. Damage dealt so far is spread evenly over the component members, and they're all left at zero energy.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 07:09:18 PM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 08:58:49 PM »
Reserved-

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 01:59:12 AM »
Reserved.