Author Topic: The 6th Day  (Read 18181 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
The 6th Day
« on: September 16, 2012, 06:48:04 PM »
After the strange dream you had last night, you aren't quite sure what to make of the newspaper lying beside your bed.  You feel... compelled to read it for some reason.  But it isn't so strong an urge that you couldn't put it off a bit.  Perhaps you'll read it over breakfast, or as you wait on the train to work or...

Oh, and there is something else as well.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Well, the day is young, and I'm not about to tell you what to do.  Tea Time is over, and the clock that was rewound begins to move...
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
Re: The 6th Day
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 10:54:04 PM »
Serako groans from her bed.  She hits her alarm.  She feels like she was hit by a bus.  She's pretty sure that she resigned from work.  Now that the world wasn't over, she was unemployed.  There're only two people who she knows who could help with this.  She looks at the newspaper, sees the headline, and groans.  She leaves the newspaper there after reading it.  She grabs the umbrella and heads outside. 

She looks at the clock on her phone.  "8:30AM...  it's still too early..."  She bikes over to the occult shop to see if the guy is there...
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 12:00:54 AM »
I look over the newspaper.  Killed by the Newspaper of Horror in the Rift of Time?

I sigh despondently.  I guess, after all that, I'm going to die, anyway.  Why even fight it?  Why even...

Red.

I look at the bat suspiciously.  The way things have been going, there's something like a 50% chance that it will try to eat my soul or turn out to be some sort of eldritch entity from beyond time.

Nope, just a bat.  I pick it up, gingerly.

It feels good in my hands.  A cool grip, over hard metal.  I give it a few swings.

"I'm to be killed, eh?  Well, maybe it's time to start fighting."

I swing the bat a few more times.  I can see why Headphone Actor was so attached to it.

I look up Serako's phone number again and give her a call.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 12:17:05 AM »
Hello, you have reached Serako Treble.  Please leave a message after the beep.  If you are calling on Chi Inc. business, please contact me at 684 9212. 

*beep*
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 12:19:25 AM »
Oh, right, yeah.  I forgot about that.

I dial her cell phone number, then hit send again.  After all, if I'm going to bash in some otherworldly skulls, I might as well have a decently attractive girl at my side while I do it.

I grin at myself in the mirror.  It's not like I'm going to be fighting off the Newspaper of Horror for her or anything.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 02:10:04 AM »
Serako feels her phone buzz.  She stops her bike and begins walking it while answering the phone.

"Mosh-  I mean, hello.  Serako."
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 02:38:05 AM »
"Hey, Serako, it's Angelo.  Looks like the Newspaper is going to try to kill us again.  Want to beat the crap out of her?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 03:04:38 AM »
Serako takes a moment to register what he's saying.  She takes a few deep breathes and tries to figure out why he thinks this time will be any different.

"Why do you think we can beat her?"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 03:06:26 AM »
"Because I have Headphone Actor's bat."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 03:07:28 AM »
"..."

Well, I suppose it is no stranger than me having the umbrella still... Serako thinks.

"I suppose that will give us a shot.  Yeah."
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 03:09:23 AM »
"Anywhere in particular you want to meet?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 03:14:15 AM »
Serako shrugs, then realizes that he can't actually see it.  "We're getting attacked at midnight right?  Let's try to meet somewhere that isn't terribly crowded at that time.  How about Moongate park at like, 11?"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 02:11:07 PM »
"Sounds good to me.  Want me to bring coffee or something?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 10:56:37 PM »
"I don't drink coffee that late, but I'll see you then." 
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 11:47:07 PM »
"Sounds good.  See you then!"  I hang up, then head outside for a quick smoke.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 02:34:05 PM »
I continue my bike ride to the occult shop.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 08:06:14 PM »
After finishing my smoke, I'll head inside and make breakfast--insofar as the verb "make" can be applied to pouring a bowl of cereal and munching on it.  I look at the clock--only 9:30 am, so I take a long, relaxing shower.  It's not like I have class any time soon, or anything.  Professor Mullins doesn't usually bother riding his motorcycle in until around noon, and class doesn't start until 1:30.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 09:31:30 PM »
Serako, you arrive at the occult shop at 9:30.  The clerk, Shun Yukimura was his name, you think, is there, but Headphone Actor appears to be absent.

"Hello." he greats you was you walk in.  "Can I do anything for you today?"
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 11:12:52 PM »
Serako grabs her arm and mutters a "Hello."  Her heart starts beating faster.  "Um.  Do you remember me?"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 11:16:17 PM »
"Err...  Sorry, no.  Should I remember you?"